Seeing your Robux balance increase is exciting. But unless you've sold a Game Pass or an item, that might sound weird, too. Who would be generous enough to randomly donate Robux, the virtual currency of the Roblox world? If you're wondering how to find out who donated your Robux, we're here to help.
There's no way to check
The answer to this question is rather unsatisfactory. There is no easy way to find out who donated Robux to you. The platform does not allow users to donate Robux by name. This can only be done through group payments or by sending someone a gift card.
Additionally, you may also see an increase in your Robux balance if you created a Game Pass and someone purchased it.
Group payments can only be made between members of the same group. So if you think you might have received funds this way, check your group list and think about who might be so generous. The only way to confirm your suspicions is to ask the player directly about it. And if you received a gift card, you should already know who gave it to you since gift cards can only be sent by email or delivered in person.
How to check your Robux balance
To avoid any uncertainty regarding changes in your Robux amount, you can keep track of them by checking your balance frequently. In the browser, your account balance is always displayed at the top right of the page. Here's how to check your balance in the Roblox mobile app:
- Log in to your Roblox account through the mobile app.
- Tap the Robux icon at the top of the page. You will see your balance at the top of the screen.
How to Donate Robux
Roblox does not allow players to donate Robux directly, but there are several ways to circumvent this ban if you want to share the wealth with someone specific. The first method is to share Robux by purchasing a Game Pass. For this method, you will need to coordinate your actions with a friend. Here's how your friend can donate Robux to you by purchasing your Game Pass:
- Log in to your Roblox account.
- Go to the "Create" tab.
- Find a game with the name "[Your Name]'s Place." Click the gear icon next to it.
- Select "Create a Game Pass" from the drop-down menu.
- Click "Choose File" and upload any file from your PC, such as an image. This will serve as a placeholder.
- Enter your Game Pass name and description in the dedicated fields.
- Click "Preview" and then "Check Download" to confirm. If the action is successful, you will see a “Game Pass created successfully” message.
- Go back to your games list and click the gear icon next to "[Your Name]'s Place" again.
- Click on “Configure”.
- Go to "Sales" and move the toggle button next to "Item for Sale" to the "On" position.
- Enter the Game Pass price in Robux. Keep in mind that the creator only gets 70% of the amount listed; the rest goes to the platform. You will see the amount of Robux you will get in the price entry field.
- Click on “Save”.
- Send your friend a link to your Game Pass. When they buy it, the "gift" will be completed.
Another way to donate Robux directly is to transfer Group funds. Follow the steps below to create a group on Roblox:
- Open the Roblox mobile app.
- Tap the three stripes icon at the top left of the page.
- Tap on “Groups” and “Create group”.
- Enter your group name and description, upload an image, and choose your preferred settings.
- Tap the green "100 Robux" button at the bottom to pay 100 Robux for group creation.
After creating a group, you will need to get funds into its account. This can be done by selling Game Passes. Then, follow the steps below to donate your party funds to a specific player:
- Open your group's main page and click the three-dot icon next to the group's name.
- Click on “Configure group”.
- Select "Revenue" from the left sidebar, then "Payments."
- Select "One-time payment".
- Click on "Add a recipient", then enter your friend's username in the dedicated field. Select the username from the options provided below the field. The user must be a member of your group.
- Click "OK" to confirm.
- Enter the Robux amount you wish to donate, then click “Distribute”.
Finally, you can donate Robux by giving someone a Roblox gift card. This method does not require you to perform complicated manipulations like the first two. Instead, head to the nearest 7-Eleven, Walgreen, Walmart, Best Buy, or Target and purchase a physical gift card. Then just give the basket to your friend and tell them to use it.
Alternatively, you can purchase a digital gift card from the official Roblox site. Each gift card includes a surprise virtual item.
Look around you
The fact that you can't find out who specifically donated Robux to you can be upsetting. But in most cases, you can detect the big-hearted user with the deduction method. Most likely, it's someone you know very well and play with often. Ask your suspect's friends about it directly and spread some joy by sharing your Robux as well.
Do you think hiding the Robux sender is a good idea, or should the Roblox developers let users see this information? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.