If you've been on TikTok for a while, you've probably seen thousands of videos. However, you might suddenly want to know the exact number of videos you have watched in the past. Unfortunately, TikTok doesn't have an option that lets you see this.
However, if you are persistent enough, there is a way to access a file containing all your watched videos. If this information would be useful to you, you have come to the right place. This article will share useful tips on how to access all videos you have watched from your TikTok account for iPhone and Android users.
How to Know How Many TikToks You've Viewed on iPhone
TikTok has undoubtedly been the fastest growing platform over the past year. Plus, with millions of videos uploaded every day, the traffic keeps growing. The more people interact with the app, the more curious they can become about how many TikToks they've actually viewed.
So how do you know how many TikToks you've viewed? The easiest way is to browse your video history on TikTok, but this feature is still not available for most users.
Some people can see their viewing history on their profile. So you can try these steps to see if your account is also applicable:
- Start TIC Tac on your iPhone.
- Tap the "Profile" icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the three vertical lines and look for the "Watch History" option.
- If it's there, tap on it. A history of all the TikTok videos you have watched will be presented to you.
Otherwise, you will have to go far. You can download your TikTok activity file which contains all your personal information including links to all the videos you have ever watched on your account.
Here's how to download this file using your iPhone:
- Start the TIC Tac application on your iPhone.
- Tap the "Profile" button at the bottom of the screen to access your profile.
- Tap the three vertical lines in the upper right corner.
- Go to "Settings".
- Scroll down to "Privacy".
- Go to “Personalization and data”.
- Tap on “Download your data”. You'll see a list of information you can download, including "Your Profile", "Your Activity", and "Your Application Settings".
- Tap "Request Data File".
The process can take up to two days, depending on the file size. You will receive a notification that the request has been received and you can track its status under the "Download Data" tab. Once your request is approved, the status "Pending" will change to "Download" and you will be able to download the file.
- Get the file by pressing "Download".
The file will be available for download for four days. Make sure to download the file before it disappears. Otherwise, you will have to send another request and wait two more days.
- The file will be downloaded to your iPhone's "Files" folder by default. If your iPhone cannot open the .zip file, you can transfer it to your computer.
- When you open the folder, navigate to the "Activity" folder.
- You will see a lot of “.txt” files. Open the one called “VideoBrowsingHistory.txt”.
Inside you will see a detailed list of all the videos watched on your account. The list will also contain timestamps and links to the videos. However, you will have to count them all to get an exact total.
How to Know How Many TikToks You've Viewed on an Android Device
TikTok can be really addicting – there's no doubt about it. If you counted every video you watched on the platform, you could count thousands. If you are very interested in your TikTok activity, you might be wondering how to know how many TikToks you have watched on your Android device.
If you are one of the lucky few users, you will be able to see your watch history on your profile. Follow the steps below to see if your profile is applicable:
- Launch the TIC Tac app on your Android device.
- Tap your avatar at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap the menu icon (three vertical lines) and select "Watch History".
You can now see the history of all the videos you have watched on TikTok.
Unfortunately, if you don't see the "Watch History" option, that means you have to find out the hard way. But don't worry, it's easy to follow the steps. The core part is to upload a “.zip” file with all documented activities from your TikTok account.
If this sounds like something that might work for you, follow the steps below:
- Start the TIC Tac app on your Android device.
- Tap the "Profile" icon at the bottom right of the screen to open your profile.
- Tap the three vertical lines at the top right to access "Settings".
- You will be redirected to the account menu. Tap on “Privacy” from the list of options and go to “Personalization and data”.
- Press the "Download your data" button. You will see a list of information to download which includes your username, profile picture, contact details, videos, comment history, app settings, etc.
- Select "Request Data File" at the bottom of the list.
The process will take up to two days, depending on the file size. You will receive a notification that your request is received. You can track the status in the "Download Data" section. After a day or two, you will notice that the "Pending" status changes to "Downloading". This is when you can download the file in “.zip” format.
- Once you see the download is ready, tap "Download File".
Once the file is ready for download, it will be available for four days. Be sure to download the file during this time to avoid having to send another request.
- Access the file from the "My Files" folder.
- If your phone cannot open a ".zip" file, transfer it to your computer.
- Open the downloaded folder and navigate to the folder called "Activity".
- You will find several “.txt” files. Look for the one called "VideoBrowsingHistory.txt".
- Open this file.
- Inside, you'll find the list of all the TikTok videos you've watched, followed by timestamps and their respective links.
Enjoy counting your watched TikTok videos!
As an experienced TikTok user, you're probably familiar with the "Like" or "Favorite" buttons. You can view the history of your favorite and favorite videos, which could help you get closer to your goal.
- Like videos by double tapping them and enter your liked videos history by tapping the heart icon in your profile menu.
- Long press a video to favorite it or tap the "share" icon and select "Add to favorites". You can access your favorite videos by tapping the "Bookmark" icon in your profile menu.
Keep track of watched TikTok videos
As you can see, there is no easy way to know how many TikTok videos you have watched. However, determined users can download their account history and find the list of all the videos they have ever watched along with other information regarding their TikTok account.
This article has provided you with the latest information on how to know how many TikTok videos you have watched. As new options appear, we'll be sure to keep you posted.
Why did you want to see a list of all the videos you've watched on TikTok? Did the method provided in this article help you achieve the desired result? Please share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section below.