Using multiple Hotmail accounts is very beneficial. It allows you to manage your correspondence faster and keep your e-mails well organized. Even better, the number you can add to your profile is unlimited, so let's see how you can get your first spare Hotmail account on board.
This entry will explain how to include a Hotmail account in Microsoft Outlook. The process is relatively simple, regardless of your experience with this program.
How to Add Hotmail Account to Outlook on Windows PC
You should have no problem adding a Hotmail account to Outlook on your Windows PC. The program has an automatic configuration that allows you to perform this task quickly. Here's what you need to do:
- Launch Outlook and press "File", followed by "Add Account".
- If you are using Outlook 2016, enter your email address and choose "Connect". For Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013, click "Email Account", then enter your email address, name, password and select "Next".
- If prompted, re-enter your password and press the "OK" button.
- Hit "Done" and you should be able to use Outlook with your new account.
This process is recommended in most cases. But if you are an advanced Outlook user, you can also manually add a Hotmail account. There are two methods to do this.
The former works great for entering outgoing and incoming server name values, SSL settings, and port numbers. This is how it works:
- Start Outlook and choose "File".
- Go to "Add Account" and enter your email address.
- Tap "Advanced Options" and check the box that allows you to configure your account manually.
- Press the "Connect" button and choose your account type. Most users select “IMAP” in this case.
- The following "Account Settings" section should already contain most of the settings you need. Enter the outgoing and incoming server settings and choose “Next”.
- Type your password before pressing “Connect”.
The second method is convenient if you are using third-party MAPI providers. Here you will need to configure your provider application as per the company terms.
Although this process is also intended for advanced users, it is relatively simple:
- Open your Outlook application and choose "File", followed by "Add Account".
- Enter your email address and choose “Advanced options”.
- Tell the system that you want to set up your account manually by checking the associated box and pressing "Connect".
- Go to "Advanced Setup" and press the "Other" button.
- Select the server type. Keep in mind that the "Other" button and the account type below it only appear if your MAPI provider is properly configured.
- Choose "Connect" and your third-party application should now launch.
- Complete the setup by following the instructions from your MAPI provider.
How to Add a Hotmail Account to Outlook on a Mac
Mac users can just as easily add a Hotmail account to Outlook. The steps are quite simple:
- Open Outlook and go to "Preferences" or "Tools", followed by "Accounts".
- Tap the plus symbol and choose "New Account".
- Enter your email address and select “Continue”.
- Enter your password and press the "Add Account" button.
- Choose "Done" and your Outlook should now allow you to use another Hotmail account. If you see a redirect message, check the “Always use my answer for this server” box and press the “Allow” button. This allows your Mac Outlook to connect to the correct server.
How to add a Hotmail account to Outlook 365
Setting up an additional Hotmail account in Outlook 365 does not require advanced technical knowledge, regardless of your version. It shouldn't take you more than a minute or two to complete the process:
- Open Outlook 365 and navigate to "File".
- Tap "Add Account".
- The appearance of the following screen depends on your version:
- Microsoft 365 Outlook users should enter their email address and choose "Connect".
- If you are an Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013 user, enter your email address, password, name and click the "Next" button. Enter your password again, press “OK” and select “Finish” to complete the setup.
Is Hotmail POP or IMAP?
Hotmail supports access via several protocols, including IMAP and POP. You can use either when adding your account to Outlook or other programs. You will need the following parameters:
• IMAP port, server name and encryption method: 993; outlook.office365.com; TLS
• POP port, server name and encryption method: 995; outlook.office365.com; TLS
The outgoing and incoming server details are the same for both protocols, and Outlook does not require SPA (Secure Password Authentication).
How to enable POP access in Outlook?
Outlook disables POP access by default. This means that you will need to activate it first to access your email account. Here's how:
1. Open Outlook and press the "Settings" button.
2. Choose "Show all Outlook settings", followed by "Mail" and "Sync emails".
3. Navigate to the "POP and IMAP" section and tap "Yes" in the "Allow devices and apps to use POP" field.
4. Hit the "Save" button and you are ready to go.
Streamline your mailbox in minutes
Adding a Hotmail account to your Outlook profile is an easily accessible feature. Setup is simple, especially if you take the automated approach. However, manual methods are also relatively user-friendly.
Once you connect your account, managing mailboxes will be much smoother. You will be able to separate business correspondence from personal messages and filter spam more easily.
How many Hotmail accounts do you have connected to your Outlook profile? Do you prefer the automatic or manual approach? Is @hotmail.com your only domain? Tell us in the comments section below.