Discord gets new features from time to time. Going forward, users can now add an About Me section that you can see when you click on their profile. You can type almost anything you want and there are enough letters for longer presentations. Even so, not everyone knows how to enable this feature.
Look no further if you're new to Discord and want to enable this cool feature. We will list all the steps for you. Read on for the details.
How to Add About Me in Discord on an iPhone
Discord makes it easy to customize your profile, even on mobile, and the steps are pretty close to the PC client or the web version. This ease of use also includes setting up your About Me section. It helps users save time and lets others find out who you are.
For iPhone steps, look below:
- Launch Discord for iPhone.
- Swipe right.
- In the bottom right corner, find your profile picture.
- Head to “User Settings”.
- Go to "User Profile".
- Look for the "About me" section.
- Tap it and start typing.
- When done, save your settings.
It's that easy on iPhone and all other devices. You only have 190 characters to work with, but you don't need more than that with careful planning. We recommend listing just the basics or even just one fun line if you like.
While you can use all of Discord's default emojis in the About Me section, custom emojis are prohibited. To add an emoji, encapsulate a word with colons, such as: handshake: for the handshake emoji.
The best part about this feature is that anyone can set one up in seconds, and you don't need Nitro to use it. Additional options like a banner will however require a Nitro subscription.
How to Add About Me in Discord on an Android
Thanks to the way Discord has designed its user interface, Android Discord users can follow similar steps as an iPhone. The two versions are also identical in almost every way. So, you'll probably find it just as easy to write the About Me section on Android.
Here are the steps for Android devices:
- Go to Discord for Android.
- When you reach a server, swipe left.
- Tap your profile picture in the lower right corner.
- Go to "User Settings".
- Select "User Profile".
- Look for the "About me" section on the screen.
- Tap on it.
- Type anything you want.
- Save your settings.
It took Discord years to implement the About Me feature, but now that it's here, anyone can post what they want others to see.
How to Add About Me in Discord on an iPad
iPad users also use the steps given above because the operating system of iPad is the same as iPhone. You can enjoy a larger screen and keyboard, but there's not much different when using Discord on either device.
Users can open their iPad and start editing their About Me section immediately. Here's how it works:
- Launch Discord on your iPad.
- Swipe right to show a bar near the bottom of the screen.
- Find your profile picture in the lower left corner.
- Tap "User Settings".
- Go to "User Profile".
- Find the “About Me” section.
- Tap on it and fill out your profile.
- Save your settings.
- Now everyone can see what the About Me section says about you.
How to Add About Me in Discord on PC
PC users also share the same set of instructions whether they're using the web version or a local Discord client. There are a few extra steps on PC, such as using the "Save Changes" button before your new About Me page persists. And if you quit without clicking the button, you'll have to retype everything. However, the differences are relatively minor.
Take a look at these instructions for PC users:
- Launch Discord for your browser or open the client.
- Click the gear icon located in the lower left corner.
- In the user settings, find "User profile".
- Click on the About Me section.
- Start typing to fill out the About Me section.
- Before you go, click on the “Save Changes” button that appears near the bottom.
- After that, you can exit and view your new About Me section.
Some things will be different from the mobile versions of Discord, as the app for smartphones and tablets is optimized for a smaller screen.
The desktop version lets you see more options at once, but as you can see the paths and menus to navigate are relatively similar.
Please read my bio
Having a section where you can introduce yourself in a few short sentences helps other users get to know you better. Of course, you can choose to have inspirational quotes or even jokes in the About Me section. After all, you are in control of your Discord account.
What do you put in your Discord About Me section? What other features would you like Discord to introduce? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.