With the Cash app, you can send and receive payments, donate money to a cause or organization, or even tip for services rendered. However, for you to be able to do all of these things, you need to link the app to your bank account. Once you've added your bank account, you can add one or more debit or credit cards to your Cash App account.
In this guide, we are going to walk through the process of adding a bank account on the Cash app on various devices. We'll also show you what to do in case you can't add a bank account to your Cash App account.
How to Add Bank Account in Cash App from PC
Even though the Cash App UI is designed for the mobile app, you can still use it on your computer. Additionally, you have the option of installing the app on your PC, or you can simply log into your account on the web browser. However, since you cannot download the application directly to your computer, you will need to use a workaround.
To download and use the Cash app on your PC, you will need an Android emulator. There are various emulators you can use for this, but we recommend Bluestacks. Follow the onscreen instructions to install this free Android emulator. When you are done, just search for the Cash app on the play store and download it to your device. It will look the same on your PC as it does on the mobile app.
When you first create a Cash App account, you will be asked to provide your bank details. You will also need to enter your email address and phone number. To add a bank account in the Cash app from a PC, follow the steps below:
- Open the Cash app on your PC.
- Log in to your account with your phone number or email address, which is associated with your Cash App account.
- You will receive a confirmation code on your e-mail address or by SMS. Enter the code and click the "Next" button.
- From your home screen, click on the banking tab in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Go to the “Link bank” option.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to add bank account details.
- Save the changes by clicking "Done".
That's all we can say about it. If you want to add a debit or credit card to your Cash App account, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Cash app.
- Go to the "My Cash" tab in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Go to the "+ Add a credit card" section under the "Bank account" section.
- Enter your credit/debit card number.
- Click on the “Add a card” button.
- Select "Done".
It will take a few moments for the Cash app to remember your new credit/debit card.
How to Add a Bank Account in the Cash App on an iPhone
As mentioned earlier, the Cash App UI is designed for the mobile app, so it's much easier to use on your phone. You can Download the Cash app from the App Store. To add a bank account in the Cash app on an iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Cash app on your iPhone.
- Sign into your account.
- Tap the bank icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Go to the “Add a bank” option.
- Enter your bank details.
- Proceed to "+ Add Credit Card" to add one or more credit/debit cards.
- Press the "Add card" button.
- Select "Done".
If you don't add your bank details, you won't be able to use the app to transfer funds. If you want to edit a linked bank account that you have already added, follow the steps below:
- Open the Cash app.
- Tap the bank icon in the lower left corner of your homepage.
- Proceed to the “Linked Accounts” section.
- Go to the bank account you want to edit.
- If you no longer want to use this bank account, tap on “Delete bank account”.
- To replace the bank account with a new one, go to "Replace bank account".
- Enter the details for your new linked bank account.
- Select "Done".
How to Add Bank Account in Cash App on Android Device
To add a bank account in the Cash app on an Android device, follow these steps:
- Open the Cash app on your Android device.
- Log into your account if you haven't already.
- Tap the bank icon in the lower left corner of your home screen.
- Go to "Add a bank".
- Follow the prompts to add your bank details.
- Proceed to "+ Add Credit Card" to add a specific credit/debit card.
- Enter the credit/debit card number.
- Select “Add Card”.
- Continue until "Done".
If you can't link your bank account to your Cash App account for some reason, try the following:
- Run the Cash app and navigate to the "Balance" tab.
- Go to “Cash Out” and select the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Choose the "Standard (1-3 working days)" option.
- Go to the search field and enter “cashapp”.
- Select "Add manually".
- Enter your route and account number.
If this process doesn't seem to work either, another option is to contact Cash App customer support.
Transfer funds with the Cash app
The Cash app is very useful for sending and receiving money, as well as for online payments, money donations and tips. The first step in transferring funds with the Cash app is to link the app to your bank account. From then on, you can add multiple credit and debit cards and switch between them for different payments effortlessly.
Have you added a bank account to your Cash App account yet? Did you use the same method provided in this guide, or did you find another way to do it? Let us know in the comments section below.