Apex Legends is a team game, and while you can play solo, some things are better with friends. You can play with random teams or load up with two friends to get started. This tutorial will show you how to add friends to a match in Apex Legends and be a good teammate in the game.
The team aspect is one of the important features of Apex Legends which makes it different from other battle royale games. Both PUBG and Fortnite have single-player games, and while you can team up with others, there isn't an integral team aspect like here. You load a game, and if you are not with two friends, you will automatically be paired with two strangers to play.
In many games, teaming up with randoms never ends well, but it works well in Apex Legends for some reason. The ping system helps a lot, but there is also a slight level of liability for team play. You know you don't have to play as a team, but you also know you'll survive much longer if you do. This means that you often actively contribute to team play, even if that's usually not your thing.
Add friends in Apex Legends
Adding friends in Apex Legends has two steps.
You first add your Origin friends to the Origin launcher so you can see when they're online.
Then you add your Origin friends and other users on different devices or services to Apex Legends so you can add them to your next match, including Origin, Steam, PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S and X , and Nintendo Changer. The only downside with friends and cross-platform play is that your progress doesn't carry over from device to device, at least not yet.
How to Add Origin Friends to Origin Launcher
- Open the "Origin" launcher and select the " Friends " menu at the top.
- To choose " Add a friend… " in the drop-down menu.
- Enter their Origin username, real name, or email address in the box, then click " To look for " to receive results based on the criteria entered.
- Locate the friend in the search results and click “View profile. »
- Confirm you have the right person, then click "Send a friend request" while in their profile.
- Confirmation of the request appears, stating "Friend request sent" on their profile page.
Friends added successfully using the steps above can play any game with you, not just Apex Legends.
How to add friends in Apex Legends only
Add Steam Friends to Apex Legends
- Launch Apex Legends.
- Click on the small " Friends " icon (3 people icon) in the lower right part of the screen.
- Link your Steam account to Apex Legends by clicking “LINK TO STEAM ACCOUNT”. If you have already linked Steam, skip to "step 8".
- In the new window, click the “Connect via STEAM” button.
- A Steam window opens. Enter your Steam login credentials and click « S'identifier. »
- A window will appear, confirming that your Steam account is successfully linked to Apex Legends.
- If you don't see the confirmation window above or if Apex Legends doesn't show your linked Steam account yet, try "Steps 3-6" again. The Steam login window appears again, but it should show your account instead of a login screen.
- In the Apex screen that appears, your Steam friends appear in the "Friends" list and your linked Steam account appears in the lower left of the screen. Only registered Steam players in Apex are shown.
Added PC and console friends (cross-platform friends) to Apex Legends
- Launch « Apex Legends. »
- Click on the " Friends " icon in the lower right section.
- Click on " Find a friend " in the lower left section.
- In the search field, enter the “profile name, real name or email address” of the friend you want to add to Apex Legends, then select " TO LOOK FOR. » The profile name can be from Steam, Origin, Playstation, Xbox, or Nintendo.
- Search results appear below the text you typed. The icon next to each profile represents the profile's device (PC/Mac or game console).
- Hover over the chosen profile and "left click" to send a friend request.
- A confirmation screen appears, letting you know that the friend request has been sent.
- Once a friend accepts your request, go to the main Apex page and click the button "+" to the left or right of your character to add them to your party or join theirs.
Presumably, the configuration is mostly the same on all devices.
Play with friends in Apex Legends
Team play is a central element of Apex Legends, which is more important than in many other games. Yes, it's a shooter, but it's also a battle royale, and some of the players you'll meet are really good. If you can play as a team and coordinate your attacks, you'll be champions in no time! This scenario is why adding friends to Epic Legends is essential. Gather your team, get out there and have some Royale fun!