For those who like having endless options for stickers and filters, Snapchat is probably the best social media platform available. It's incredibly interactive, and everything about it promotes creativity and communication with friends, and it's engaging.
One of the ways it helps you connect with others is by letting you add a location and use a specific geofilter. It's a quick and efficient way to let your friends know where you are or where you've been.
However, if you are not yet a seasoned Snapchat user, figuring out where the location sticker is can be confusing. No worries, we'll walk you through the process and show you a few more tips along the way.
How to Add a Location to a Snapchat Post in the iPhone App
While some social media platforms, such as Instagram and TikTok, allow user access through a web browser, Snapchat is entirely mobile-based.
If you are an iPhone user, make sure you always have the latest version of the iOS app installed to enjoy the full Snapchat experience. This is always the first step before acting.
Once you've updated your Snapchat, follow these steps to add a location to a post:
- Open Snapchat app on iPhone and take a photo or video.
- Tap the sticker button on the right side of the screen. It's a third button from the top of the screen.
- When the sticker drawer appears, tap the "Location" button.
- A list of available slots will appear and you can select one. If none of the location stickers are accurate, you can use the search bar to find a specific location.
- The location sticker will appear on your Snapchat photo or video. You can move it around the screen and change its appearance by tapping on the sticker.
When you add the location sticker to your post, you can either post the snap as a story or send it to an individual friend. Both options are available at the bottom of the screen.
Be aware that Snapchat is always adding more locations and tweaking this feature, which is limited in scope.
How to Add Location to Snapchat Post in Android App
A Snapchat location sticker is very useful when you are traveling or when you witness something exciting and you want everyone to know where it is.
It's also a handy way to tell people about a good restaurant or a spot on the beach. So if you want to add a location on your Snapchat post and you are an Android user, here is how it works:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your Android device.
- On the right side of the screen, tap the sticker button.
- Once the sticker drawer appears, choose the "Location" button at the top of the screen.
- From the list of available locations, choose the one that most accurately describes your location. You can also find another location by typing it in the search bar.
- You will instantly see the location sticker on your Snapchat post. You can move it wherever you want on the screen and change its appearance.
If the Snapchat post shows the chosen location, click the “Story” or “Send to” option at the bottom of the screen.
Notes: To ensure you always have the most accurate locations in Snapchat, be sure to use the latest version of the app.
How to Add a Location Filter to a Snapchat Post in the iPhone App
A location filter or geofilter in Snapchat is a more interactive and creative way to add location to Snapchat. Essentially, once you've taken a photo or video, you can search for available location filters and add them to your post.
Snapchat is well known for the variety of filters it offers, so it's no surprise that geofilters are huge on the app. Before you send a snapshot to your friend or post a story, you can choose the overlay design that describes your location.
Keep in mind that some places will have more filtering options than others. For example, you may find many location filters in some tourist spots in New York, but hardly any in a lesser-known place. So, if you want to add a location filter using your iPhone, here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Snapchat app and create a photo or video.
- Start swiping left or right across the screen and see the filters change.
- When you come across a location filter you like, stop swiping.
- Continue to personalize your Snapchat post.
Once you have the location filter you like and are ready to share it, post the snap to your story or send it directly to a friend.
How to Add Location Filter to Snapchat Post in Android App
The Snapchat app on Android works exactly the same as on iPhone. So. If you have an Android device and want to add a location filter to your snap, follow these steps:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your Android phone.
- Take a photo or video.
- Start swiping left or right on the screen.
- When you find the location filter that speaks to you, stop swiping.
From there, continue to add stickers or customize the app in some other way. Finally, send the snap to your friends or share it on your Snapchat story.
Keep in mind that some geofilters will suggest specific locations such as stores, restaurants, and other businesses. This is because many companies have taken advantage of this feature on Snapchat and created fun and personalized location filters for their customers.
How to Add a Location to a Snapchat Sequence
One of Snapchat's most popular features is streaks. It allows two friends to send each other snaps consecutively every day, and they can watch their snap streak grow.
The only way the streak works is if both friends participate equally and no more than 24 hours has passed from the time of the last snap sent. For many avid Snapchat users, streaks are very important and try to make sequences of recordings.
Adding a location on a Snapchat feed is only possible if you add a location on every post. All you have to do is tap on the chat sequence you have with a friend and do the following:
- Create a snapshot that you want to send to them directly.
- Tap the sticker button on the left side of the screen.
- Next, tap on “Location” and choose one of the available options or search for the desired location.
The location sticker will immediately appear on the snap and you can send it to your friend. When they receive the snap, they can tap the location sticker and learn a bit more about that specific location. It can be area, address, and even business location information like phone number and website.
Master the Art of Snapchat Locations
Snapchat encourages users to share their locations with those they trust to make communication even more entertaining. Sometimes adding a location to a direct snapshot to a friend is a quick way to let them know you've arrived home safely. Other times it's letting everyone know you're visiting a cool place by posting the location to your story.
Snapchat's location feature is excellent, but not without its flaws. There will be times when you have to find the location manually rather than relying on its accuracy. Still, stickers and location filters are extremely valuable and entertaining.
How would you use the location feature on Snapchat? Let us know in the comments section below.