Facebook may have been a bit late with the addition of everyone's favorite social media feature – stories. But they've been there for a while. And, as expected, stories come with all the fun options, like adding music.
There are two ways to add music to a Facebook story. The first is just the music story which features an artist and lyrics.
And the other is just to add music to a video or photo that you want to share with your friends.
Create a musical story
Before we go any further, it's important to mention that you can only post stories to Facebook using the Facebook app for Android or iOS, not your computer.
However, you can still view stories on your computer. When you like a song or an artist and want to share it with your friends, creating a music story is the best solution.
This way they will see cover art, lyrics and part of a song. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Launch the Facebook app on your smartphone and choose the “+ Add to Story” option.
- At the top of the screen, select “Music”.
- A list of songs will appear, and you can browse by category or just type in the song name. When you select the song, Facebook automatically creates a post with that particular song.
- You can customize the background color and choose the effect you want to add.
- Now select the “Lyrics” option. And adjust the bar to the part of the song you want to feature and its duration.
- When you're done, select "Done."
- You'll be taken to the main menu, where you can further customize your story. Finally, select the “Share to story” option.
Now when your friends tap on your story, they'll be able to hear what you're listening to.
Add music to a photo or video
Another way to make your Facebook story more fun is to add music to an image or video you want to share.
Whether it's to highlight a certain mood or simply add value to your content, a musical Facebook story is almost always a winner. Here's what that process looks like:
- Open your Facebook app and click "+ Add to Story".
- Go to your camera roll to choose a photo or video or take one right now.
- Select the "Smiley face" sticker.
- A sticker panel will appear and you need to select the "Music" sticker.
- You will now have the option to browse music and search for specific songs.
- You will also be given the option to choose the lyric segment of the song and if you want to add the cover art or any other stickers.
- When everything is ready, select “Share to story”.
Voila, your story now includes music.
Important note: If you only want to create a text story, you will not be able to add music to it. Currently, Facebook does not support this option.
Can anyone see your Facebook stories?
As with any other Facebook post type, you can customize who can see your stories. If you have a lot of Facebook friends and prefer to share your music stories with fewer people, here's how to adjust these settings:
- When you add a video or photo to your Facebook Story, check the "Your Story" option in the lower right corner of the screen.
- By default, the settings will be "Public", which means all your Facebook friends and followers will be able to see.
- You can choose "Friends and Relations", "Friends" or "Custom".
The "Custom" option allows you to be as specific as you want and list only the people you want to share your Facebook stories with.
Match your Facebook story to the perfect melody
Facebook might not have all the songs you want to add to your stories, but it certainly has plenty. If you don't want to share personal photos or videos right now, you can always put the music front and center and let your chosen audience enjoy it.
And if you love the music feature, as it perfectly accompanies that selfie or a photo of you and your best friend, you can make the most of this option.
Do you add music to your Facebook stories? Please share with the community in the comments section below.