You can add new themes that adjust background images and color schemes to most browsers. Google Chrome is a browser that has a plethora of themes available on websites. Alternatively, you can also add your own custom themes to Chrome with a few apps.
One thing to note about Google Chrome is that its themes aren't as flexible as Firefox's. Firefox saves the themes added to it so you can switch between them. When you add a theme to Chrome, it overwrites the previous one. Chrome also doesn't have as many extensions to customize themes.
Adding themes to Chrome can potentially slow down your browser, but if you take the time to speed up Chrome on your PC, you can install themes without having to worry about the browser slowing down.
Add Themes to Chrome
- You can choose from a wide variety of Chrome themes by opening this page.
- Next, click on a theme thumbnail and press the button ADD TO CHROME button.
The theme adjusts the color palette of the tab bar and the address bar. Moreover, it adds a new background image to the new tab. Note that when you add a theme for the first time, you can always press the button cancel on the button that appears below the address bar to return to the original.
Add your own custom theme with My Chrome Theme
To set up a custom Google Chrome theme that includes your own photos, you can add a few apps to the browser. One of them is My Chrome Theme.
- Click it + Free on its page to add it to the browser, then open it by pressing the button Show applications button in the bookmarks bar. To select My Chrome Theme from there to open it as below.
- Now press the START MAKING THE THEME to open the first step of the wizard as shown below.
- Now you can select a background image to add to the theme by pressing the button Download Image button. When you select an image, a preview of it opens like in the snapshot below. You can switch between Fashion Design et Preview mode which includes apps on it.
- press the Adjust position ability to change the position of the image. This opens a small menu where you can select S’adapter a l’ecran, Fill screen et Tiled Image option. To select Fill screen et Centre to fit most of the image on the New Tab page.
- You can also select a Picture effects option to further edit the background image. This opens a window with additional editing options, such as BLACK AND WHITE, SEPIA, BOLDER, et REVERSED. Select an option there and press Completed to apply the edit.
- press Go to step 2 to change the theme's color scheme. Then you can customize the tab bar, active tabs and background colors by clicking the brush icons like in the picture below. Select a color from the palette to add it to the theme. Alternatively, you can press the I'm feeling lucky option to quickly set up a color scheme that matches the image.
- press Go to step 3 to end the topic. Now enter a title in the text box and press the key make my theme button to create the theme. press the INSTALL THEME BUTTON to add it to the browser. Note that the themes you configure are saved on the front page of the app as thumbnails.
Add your own custom theme to Chrome without an app
You don't need an app to add a custom theme to Google Chrome. You can instead configure a new theme for the browser from the ThèmeBêta website. This is a site that includes a variety of options for setting up a custom theme with. Click here to open the page in the snapshot below.
- Now press the Download Image button here to select a background image for the theme. Note that it must be a JPG or PNG file format. This will add the selected photo to the theme preview.
- Below the theme preview, there are a few background image options. You can select left, right et center alignment options from one of the drop-down lists. Select the fill the screen option to fit full background image.
- You can also add alternative images to the browser frame and toolbar. Click on the Images tab to open the photo options below. press the Choose an image next to the frame and toolbar to add background images to them.
- press the Generate colors option to quickly add matching colors to the theme. Otherwise, click the Colors tab to select them yourself. The Colors The tab includes options to customize text, button, and status bar colors. Click the color squares next to the options to open their palettes. Then you can choose the colors from the palettes.
- When you're done with the theme, tap the Pack and install button. This will then add the theme to the browser. If you are logged in with a Google account, you can save the theme by tapping the Save Online button. Then you can reopen the theme later by selecting the Upload and edit your theme option.
ThemeBeta also has a huge directory of themes you can add to Chrome. press the Find more themes button to open the page below. This includes a variety of theme categories, and you can add a theme to your browser by clicking on its thumbnail and pressing the button Apply theme button.
There are also a few other websites from which you can set up a custom Chrome theme. Among them is ChromeThemeMaker.com. This site also includes a number of customization options for theme colors and images. Google Chromizer site is a basic theme editor with which you can set up a theme with image. However, other than that, he has no other options.
Custom Themes with Chrome
With the sites and apps mentioned above, you can now add custom or pre-made themes to Google Chrome. Themes are great for customizing the browser and can also help increase readability. To add custom themes to Firefox, check out this TechJunkie guide.