The VIZIO Smart TV brand has an edge over other smart TVs. Not only does it deliver great picture quality, but it's also compatible with a wide range of streaming apps, many of which are built into the set.
One of the streaming services it supports is Paramount+, a pay-on-demand streaming service. If you want to add Paramount+ to your collection of live sports, exclusive original content, and more, we'll show you how.
In this article, we'll cover how to get started with the Paramount+ app on your VIZIO TV. If you're using a Firestick or Roku, we've got the steps for adding Paramount+ to those devices as well.
How to Add Paramount Plus Directly to a VIZIO Smart TV
Paramount+ comes pre-installed on most VIZIO SmartCast TVs from 2016 or later. To create a Paramount+ account and start streaming:
- Open the Paramount+ app.
- Choose "Register", where a code will be displayed on your screen.
- In a web browser on your computer or mobile, visit paramountplus.com/VIZIO.
- Enter your access code then “Activate”.
- Select a subscription plan, then "Continue".
- You will either be prompted to sign in to your Paramount+ account or create one.
- Enter your payment information, then click "Start Paramount +".
- A confirmation will be displayed along with the option to return to your TV to start streaming Paramount+.
To start streaming Paramount+ with an existing account:
- From your television, go to “Settings”, then “Connection”.
- Choose “On my TV”.
- Enter your account credentials (the same ones used to set up your subscription).
- Click on "Login", then let's go!
How to Watch Paramount Plus on a VIZIO Smart TV with a Firestick
Next, we'll walk you through how to connect your Firestick to your VIZIO set, set it up, and install the Paramount+ app to start streaming:
Connecting Your Firestick to Your VIZIO TV
To connect a Firestick device to your VIZIO device:
- On the back of your TV, plug your Firestick into an HDMI port.
- Turn on your Firestick using a USB cable (plug it into a port on your TV) or for a more stable connection, plug the USB cable into the power adapter.
- Now turn on your TV and select the HDMI port. As your Firestick charges, the logo should appear.
- Your Firestick will search for the remote as it charges. Press the Home button on the remote to pair it with your Firestick.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions.
Set up your Firestick
- Select your preferred language by scrolling down.
- In the new window with available Wi-Fi networks, select your home Wi-Fi network and, if prompted, enter the password.
- If you got your Firestick from Amazon, you will be logged into your Amazon account; otherwise, you will need to sign in with your Amazon account credentials.
- The following configuration window gives the possibility of activating the parental control. If you enable it, some videos will need a PIN to play or download.
- Then you will receive information about Firestick Alexa compatibility. Choose "Understood", then you will be taken to the Fire TV home screen.
Install the Paramount+ app and stream
- Click on the “Search” icon.
- Via the on-screen keyboard, using the remote control, enter “Paramount Plus”. Or if you have Alexa built-in, use the "Search Paramount Plus" voice command.
- Under the "Apps & Games" category, select the "Paramount Plus" app.
- Select the "Get" icon to download Paramount+.
- Once the download is complete. Click the "Open" icon to open Paramount+.
- Log in to your account, then start streaming your favorite content.
How to Watch Paramount Plus on a VIZIO Smart TV with a Roku Device
Next, we'll connect your Roku device to your VIZIO set – set it up and install the Paramount+ app to start streaming:
Connecting Your Roku to Your VIZIO TV
To connect your Roku device to your VIZIO station:
- Plug the Roku into an HDMI port on the back of your VIZIO TV.
- Connect the Roku to a power source.
- Turn on your TV, then set the Roku's input by selecting the HDMI slot you plugged it into.
- The Roku home screen appears.
Setting up your Roku
- Use the arrow and "OK" buttons on the Roku remote to choose your language and country of residence.
- To set up your wireless connection, press the right arrow button on the right and choose "Set up new wireless connection". For an Ethernet connection, connect your Ethernet cable to the Roku, press the right arrow and select "Set up a wired network".
- On the left, choose your Wi-Fi network, scroll through the available networks then press "OK" to choose your network.
- When your Roku has been successfully connected to the internet, it will prompt you to download the latest software. Once the download is complete, the Roku will reboot. Depending on the internet speed, this process can take up to 30 minutes.
- To set your display settings, press the "OK" button on your remote control when you are satisfied with the screen resolution.
Once you have completed the on-screen instructions to activate your Roku:
Install the Paramount+ app and stream
- From the Roku home screen, open the App Store.
- Enter a search for “Paramount Plus”.
- To install the app, choose the “Add to Home” option.
- Once the app is installed, log in with your Paramount+ credentials, then start streaming your favorite content.
How do I update Paramount Plus?
Your VIZIO TV automatically checks that you always have the latest version of the app installed. To manually check for Paramount+ app updates:
1. On your remote, press the menu button.
2. Scroll down and choose "System".
3. Choose "Check for updates".
Access Paramount Plus from the comfort of your VIZIO TV
VIZIO Smart TVs are compatible with a wide selection of streaming service apps, including Paramount+. Once you've set up a Paramount+ subscription, you can log into the Paramount+ app to access iconic movies, classics, exclusive original content and more.
If you're using a streaming device like Firestick or Roku, it's simple to install the Paramount+ app and then start streaming from your VIZIO set.
What other streaming services do you enjoy on your VIZIO device? What made you decide to try Paramount +? Let us know in the comments section below.