TikTok owes much of its popularity to its vast set of options and customization. One of the best ways to personalize your TikToks (videos on TikTok) is to add photos and photo templates.
Read on and find out how to add photos to TikTok. You can use images from your device's gallery, so make sure you have some nice images ready.
Add Photos to TikTok Background
There are three main ways to add photos to TikTok. The first is to simply add a photo from your gallery to the background of your TikTok video.
Notes: Before continuing, make sure you have the latest version of the application. Get updates on the Google Play Store and iOS on the Apple App Store.
How to make a video with photos
If you want to make a collage-like video, you can! Adding images from your camera roll instead of recording video is simple and only takes a few extra steps. Here's how to make a video with images:
- Open TikTok and tap the '+' icon. Next, tap the "Download" icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Tap "Image" at the top, then the images you want to add to your content.
If you want to add multiple images, tap the bubble icon inside each image. Then proceed with the download as you would any video.
How to add photos to the background of your TikTok video
Anyone familiar with TikTok is probably familiar with the Green Screen filter. This filter allows you to add photos to the background of your video. Here's how:
- Launch TikTok on your tablet or phone.
- Tap the plus icon at the bottom of the home screen to create a new TikTok.
- Start recording your TikTok as you normally would.
- Pause the recording (tap the big circle at the bottom of the screen).
- Tap Effect at the bottom left of your screen.
- Select the option to upload your own image to change the background option (green photo gallery icon). See screenshot above.
- Choose a photo from your gallery that you want to use as a background for your video.
- Press record again to finish shooting the video. Your image will be the new background, pretty neat, right?
Add photo templates to TikTok
Another way to add photos to TikTok is through templates. This option is a better choice if you want to add multiple images to your TikTok. Here's how to use templates in TikTok:
- Start TikTok.
- Select the plus icon to start recording a TikTok.
- Choose the Photo Templates option.
- Select a model you like. There are many (nature, parties, etc.).
- Then choose the photos you want to add and create a TikTok slideshow. Simply tap each photo you want in the order you want them to appear in the video.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that each model has a set number of photos that you can upload. When you're done adding images, tap OK at the top of the screen.
- The photos will soon be uploaded to your TikTok video. Then you can add an extra touch with effects, text, stickers, and filters. Press next when you're done working with the effects. We suggest keeping it simple, instead of cluttering your TikTok.
Templates, also known as "slideshows", are a great way to personalize your content and gain more TikTok followers. Whether it's funny photos or of you and your friends, or something meaningful like a story you want to tell, adding photos to TikTok is simple and entertaining.
Having trouble adding photos?
If you are having trouble adding photos, there are a few things you can check that may fix the problem.
First, make sure your internet connection is strong and reliable. If TikTok gives you an error or your photos just fail to upload, try using another internet source (switch between mobile data and wifi for example).
Next, make sure the TikTok app is up to date. An outdated application will not work properly. Head to the App Store or Google Play Store depending on your operating system and tap on the "Update" option if it's available. Once the update is complete, try posting your photo again.
Finally, check that your phone permissions for TikTok are enabled. This is especially easy to spot because your error message will state that you need to enable this setting. If you're using an iPhone, go to settings and tap on the TikTok app. Activate the photos option on "Read and write". If you're using an Android, go to Settings, tap "Apps," tap "TikTok," then tap "Permissions." Turn on the switch and try uploading your photo again.
The final touches
You should treat your TikTok photo collage like any other TikTok. When you're done adding photos and effects, feel free to add relevant text to your post. You can also choose a variety of cool TikTok filters to complement your photos.
Adding a music track can't hurt either, just make sure it matches your photo selection. Finally, you can add emojis or stickers to liven up the tone even more. The choice is yours. However, we always added music to break up the monotony.
After editing your TikTok photo collage, tap Next and you will land on the finishing window. From this menu, you can insert your captions where you greet your fans or your friends, describe your photos a little, etc. You can also tap on Select Cover and choose on the photos in your collage to be your TikTok cover photo.
Hit Publish when you're ready, and that's it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Having trouble adding your photos? There are a few things you should try if you can't upload photos or they just aren't posting properly.
Admittedly, it took a while to find the option to upload images for the background image. Many new app learners click buttons until the right option appears. Luckily, that's why we've provided screenshots, to make it a little easier for you to finish the next big TikTok video.
What happens when you can't post a photo? Maybe they just don't show up. If this happens to you, go to your smartphone settings and make sure TikTok has access to your photos and videos. It's different for every operating system, but if you go to settings, locate the TikTok app (under "Apps" on Android, or scroll down the main settings page on iPhone) and allow access to gallery option.
Why are my TikTok videos not posting? If this is a publishing issue, you are probably experiencing one of the following issues. Your internet speeds may be choppy, so the bandwidth isn't there to allow you to download your content. The app may be out of date, so head over to your operating system's app store and make sure it's updated. Finally, TikTok can block you from posting if you have violated the terms and agreements. You should probably check your email for any communication from TikTok if this is the issue.
TikTok gives a lot of creative freedom to its users. You can add just about anything to your TikToks, including music, effects, filters, text, and photos from your gallery. If it's your private photos, we also suggest making the video private or only visible to your friends or followers on TikTok.
Again, there is no need to use third-party software for photos on TikTok. How was your last TikTok? Did you have fun adding images and other effects? Feel free to share your masterpieces in the comments section below.