FitBit is a great device for tracking daily activities, exercises, sleep schedules, and more. FitBit is usually worn as a smartwatch or wrist tracker, but you can also install it on iOS and Android devices.
Although this app was designed to track ongoing daily activities, it also allows you to manually record steps and other exercises once you complete them. In this article, we will show you how to manually enter data on the FitBit mobile app.
The FitBit app was designed to track daily activities, such as walking, daily food and water intake, exercise, and more. You can also monitor the number of calories you burn each day, as well as your heart rate and sleep schedule. Overall, FitBit helps you create and maintain healthy routines that you can follow daily.
Not only can you use FitBit smartwatches and trackers to monitor your current activity, but you can also download the FitBit app on your phone. Moreover, not only FitBit is compatible with iOS and Android devices, but you can also download it on PC and Xbox.
The FitBit mobile app is the perfect alternative for those who cannot afford the FitBit watch. You can take your phone with you when you go for a jog or a walk. The MobileTrack function will monitor movement in the same way as the watch. Moreover, the application is free.
While you can use the app to track all of these activities, FitBit also gives you the option to manually log exercises after a certain amount of time. This feature is for those who forget to wear the device – they can use the app to update exercise information afterwards. You can also use this feature when you want to record something that is not detected automatically.
Although you can choose "Walking" for your exercise type, you cannot actually add the exact number of steps you have taken. On the other hand, you can add other types of information, such as the duration of your walk and the exact time and date of your walk.
To manually record workouts to the FitBit app on your iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Open the FitBit app on your iPhone.
- Log into your account if you haven't already.
- Tap the "Today" tab in the bottom menu.
- Select the '+' icon next to the 'Track your exercise' tab.
- Go to the "Journal" tab at the top of the screen.
- Type the exercise type.
- Select the start time and the duration of the exercise.
- Add the number of calories you burned.
Notes: If you have added "Walking" in "Exercise Type", you can also fill in the "Speed", "Pace" and "Distance" fields.
- Press the "Log it" button when you're done.
When you return to your "Today" screen, you will see that your "Exercise" tab has been updated.
If you wish, you can edit the entries after saving them. You can do this by visiting the “History” tab of the FitBit app. Not only can you change the type of exercise, but also the date, time and duration. Keep in mind that you can only do this on the FitBit app, not on the FitBit watch.
You can also delete an exercise entry. This is also done in the "History" tab of the application.
The FitBit app is also available in the Google play store. Once you've downloaded it and set everything up, here's how you can use the manual logging feature on your Android:
- Run the FitBit app on your Android.
- Sign into your account.
- Go to the "Today" tab in the lower left corner of your screen.
- Next to the 'Track your exercise' tab, tap the '+' icon.
- From the exercise tracking page, navigate to the "Previous Log" tab in the top right corner of the app.
- Under 'Exercise type', choose 'Walking'.
- Under 'Start time', enter the exact date and time of your exercise.
- In the "Duration" tab, enter the duration of your exercise.
- Add the number of calories you burned.
- Select the "Add" button when you're done.
When you return to your app's home screen, you'll notice the workout you added. As mentioned before, the only thing you can't manually record is the number of steps you've taken. Indeed, the steps can only be followed in real time.
Although it is more convenient to use the FitBit app on your phone, you can also download it on a laptop or Windows 10 computer. This helps if you want to view the app on a larger screen.
To manually record workouts on the FitBit app on Windows 10, here's what you need to do:
1. Launch the Fitbit app on your Windows 10.
2. Tap the “Exercise” tab on the dashboard.
3. Select the "+".
4. Under 'Exercise type', choose 'Walking'.
5. Enter when you started your walk and how long it lasted.
6. Enter the number of calories you have burned.
7. Confirm the new data entry.
Just because you forgot to bring your FitBit watch or phone on your walk doesn't mean it won't be recorded. The Fitbit mobile app allows you to manually log your walking or any other type of exercise that might not have been detected automatically. Just keep in mind that you won't be able to track the exact number of steps taken.
Have you ever tried manually logging steps in the FitBit app? Did you use the same method explained in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.