If you find that your Instagram Reel could use smart words to improve it, but you don't know how to do it, you've come to the right place. This article will teach you how to add plain text, disappearing text, and generally change the timing of your Reel text to take it to another level. You can do this whether you use an Android or an iPhone.
Follow the steps and you'll be well on your way to becoming an Instagram master!
How to Add Text to Instagram Reels from iPhone
Before adding text, we'll assume you have a video ready to edit. If not, you need to create one and add it to your Reel, here's how:
- Click on the “+” icon in the upper left corner of your screen.
- If you have an old version of Instagram, click on your profile picture, drag the round icons at the bottom until you get to the reel.
- From the menu that appears, select “Reel”.
- Record a new video or add one from your library by tapping the small icon in the lower left corner.
- Click "Preview" to move to the editing screen.
- To add text, click the "Aa" button in the upper right corner of your screen. A flashing vertical line will appear in the middle of your screen where you can start typing.
- Write the text and adjust the style by tapping the icons at the top of the screen.
- Click "Done" to complete the entry.
- Position the text by dragging it with your finger. You can change its size using your two fingers.
How to Add Text to Instagram Reels from Android Device
Yes, the Instagram app was originally designed for the iPhone, but the version on Android has come a long way. You won't find anything an iPhone can do that an Android can't when it comes to Instagram. The design is the same, so follow the steps below to add text and create your perfect Reel on Android:
- Make sure you have a video ready or create a new one.
- To start a new reel, click the “+” icon in the upper left corner, select Reel from the menu. If you're using an older version, click on your profile picture, then scroll through the round icons at the bottom of the screen until you find Reel.
- Create a new video by holding down the record button or add an existing video by clicking the icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
- When you're done, click "Preview" to move to the editing screen.
- Click the "Aa" button (top right corner) to add text, or tap anywhere on the screen.
- A horizontal line will appear, indicating that the application is ready to be entered. Type the text you want on your reel.
- Change the style (or font and color) by tapping the icons at the top of the screen.
- Click "Done" when ready.
- Move the text where you want it by dragging it with your finger. You can also zoom or tilt it using your two fingers.
How to add multiple lines of text to Instagram reels?
This one is easy. Tap the screen again after completing your first entry or click the "Aa" text icon again.
How to make text appear on Instagram reels at different times?
Once you've completed the procedure outlined above, follow these steps to adjust the time the text appears on your reel:
1. Click on the box displaying your text at the bottom of the screen. A film reel will appear at the bottom.
2. Move the edges of the reel to select the point in the video where you want the text to appear.
· If you have multiple text boxes, do each one separately. When you're done with the first, just tap the next box to adjust when the second text appears.
3. Click "Done" and preview what you have done.
How to add disappearing text on Instagram reels?
If you want your text to disappear, the process is simple:
1. After entering and styling your text, click "Done".
2. Tap the box with the text you entered at the bottom of the screen. The film reel will appear at the bottom of the screen.
3. If you want your text to appear at the start of the video and then fade out, drag the right edge of the film reel closer to the left edge with your finger. Move it to where you want the text to appear on the video.
4. Click "Done" when finished and preview your work.
Happy brilliant people!
Join your friends on Instagram with a cool video showing off your new text editing skills. If you followed our article, you should be able to have single and multiple text entries on your reel. We also hope this helped you edit your text so that it appears at different points in the video or disappears exactly when you want it to.
We love to hear from our readers. Did this instructional text help you make your Instagram experience fun? Leave us a comment below if you found this article helpful, or if you have a topic you'd like us to cover.