Video streaming is becoming the world's most popular way to watch TV. With various gadgets, a user can access streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and many more.
Among these gadgets, the Amazon Fire Stick is one of the most popular. It's easy to use and you can pair it with just about any TV. If you own a Samsung TV and want to equip it with a Fire Stick, look no further. You will get all the necessary information here.
Fire TV Stick compatibility with Samsung TVs
The Amazon Fire Stick is available in three flavors: Small, standard and 4K, each with an individual price and specification. If you're looking to buy one for your Samsung TV and aren't sure which one is right for you, here are your choices.
- Lightweight: This new entry-level model for the Fire Stick starts at just $29 and makes it easy to get started streaming. The remote has no controls for the Samsung TV, or any TV for that matter.
- Standard: This model is the classic Fire Stick. It streams in 1080p and includes a better remote that supports controlling your TV, as well as a faster processor for smoother operation.
- 4K: This model is "The King of Kings". The upgraded processor enables 4K streaming support over the standard model. The remote also supports the TV.
Whichever version you choose, your new Fire Stick is a device that lets you stream a variety of TV content, just a few clicks away. The device offers services such as Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, YouTube and more, all of which are packed with amazing content. However, unlike many of its competitors, the Fire Stick comes with built-in voice commands, even on the Lite version. Yes, that means you can kick back and control it with an Alexa-enabled device. It looks like the future of video streaming is upon us.
Samsung TV Requirements and Compatibility for Fire Tv Sticks
1. HDMI compatibility or adaptability
Before proceeding with the setup process, you should ensure that your TV meets the requirements and compatibility of a Fire TV Stick. For a, your Samsung TV must be an HD compatible TV with an HDMI port to enjoy HD resolutions (1080p, 1080i, 4K or 8K). If it has no HDMI inputs due to its vintage status, you can use an HDMI adapter that converts older signals such as S-Video, Component, DVI, or RGB to HDMI. Note that an adapter will not provide true HD resolutions unless the original input carries high definition signals (DVI input, for example). Still, it will work to get you going.
2. Reliable internet connection
Of course, the Fire Stick needs an internet connection to stream movies, music videos, and TV shows. It also needs to know your location as it offers different features in different countries. If you want to stream HD videos, you need to connect your Fire Stick to a strong and stable Wi-Fi network.
3. Registered Amazon Account
To use your Fire TV Stick, you'll need to register it with an Amazon account. IIf you ordered your Fire Stick through your Amazon account, it will be pre-registered to that account, but remember that you can change the account used if you wish.
Setting up the Firestick on your Samsung TV
After making sure your Samsung TV is compatible with Fire Stick, it's time to get down to the actual setup. The set is relatively simple and very intuitive.
Connecting the fire stick
- First, connect the provided USB cord to the micro USB port of Fire TV Stick.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the AC adapter. Next, connect the AC adapter to a power outlet.
- Plug the Fire Stick into a « Port HDMI » to your Samsung TV or to an adapter such as S-Video to HDMI, SVGA to HDMI or DVI to HDMI. If your TV has multiple inputs, remember the port number, such as HDMI 1, Input 1, PC, etc.
- Turn on the TV and go to the HDMI input channel selection menu. Select the HDMI port or video port you plugged the Fire Stick into and wait. You will see the Fire Stick loading screen.
Firestick Remote Setup
- Open the back plate of the remote control and insert the two AAA batteries that come with the package. This should prompt your remote to pair with the Fire Stick.
- If the devices do not pair automatically, press and hold the " Homepage " on the remote control for about 10 seconds. The Fire Stick will enter "Discovery Mode" and should automatically pair with the Fire Stick.
- press "Play Pause" to start the setup process.
- Select your preferred language by highlighting it and pressing the " Select/OK » button.
- You may need to pair your remote with your TV if you want to use the power and volume controls.
Connect the Fire Stick to Wi-Fi
- A list of available Wi-Fi networks will appear on your TV screen.
- Choose the one you want and enter the password. This will connect the Fire Stick to your Wi-Fi network.
Registering the Fire Stick with Amazon
If you ordered the Fire Stick directly from Amazon using an account, it arrives already registered to that particular account. Alternatively, if you got the Fire Stick another way or want to use a different account, you can easily register/unregister it. Here's how.
- If the Fire Stick is not already registered to your Amazon account, you will see two account options on the screen.
- Select “I already have an Amazon account" Where "I'm new to Amazon. »
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
Once all of the setup steps are complete, the Fire Stick will offer a few more options. Here's what to do.
- The Firestick prompts you to save your account login information to your Amazon account.
- Select " Yes " to save login information for use on all Amazon devices or choose " No " if the Fire TV Stick is the only one you use or if you don't like your cloud login information.
- The Firestick prompts you to enable Parental Controls. To choose " Yes " if you have children and want to restrict usage and content or select " No " if you don't want any restrictions in place, skip to "Step 5".
- If you have parental controls enabled, the Firestick prompts you to set up a personal identification number (PIN). Follow the prompts to add a PIN to the Firestick.
- If you chose not to set up parental controls, the Firestick ignores the PIN option and then displays the remaining setup prompts.
- The Firestick asks if you want to view the tutorial. To choose " Yes " ou " No " to complete the setup process.
Enjoy streaming on your Samsung TV
As soon as the installation process is complete, you will have full access to the benefits of your Fire Stick. It may take some getting used to at first, but you'll get used to it quickly. As you can see above, installing a Fire TV Stick on any Samsung flat screen TV is possible, as long as you have an HDMI input or an adapter to get one. . You can also use a USB port (if available) to power the Fire TV Stick, but the adapter is the best option for maximum power performance.