The benefits of becoming a vampire in The Sims 4 are appealing. You don't age, have fewer needs, and gain supernatural abilities, such as taking other forms and influencing the minds of others. However, being a vampire isn't just fun and playful. You will lose the ability to go out during the day without getting hurt and will have to hunt mortals.
If you want to continue becoming a vampire in The Sims 4, we're here to help. In this guide, we will explain how to become a vampire naturally and using cheats. Additionally, we'll share instructions for becoming the Master Vampire and answer common questions related to the topic.
How to Become a Vampire in The Sims 4
Everyone knows that to become a vampire, you have to be bitten by a vampire. The Sims 4 developers think they can't rewrite rules that have been around for centuries. The only method of becoming a vampire available in normal gameplay is to find a vampire and have it bite you. However, simply becoming their food target won't do the trick. Instead, you need to get to know each other or even make friends. Here's how:
- Find a vampire and introduce yourself. You can visit one of the homes in Forgotten Hollow.
- Make sure the chosen vampire has the “Create Vampire” skill.
- Talk to the vampire until your relationship level reaches Acquaintances or Friendship. This will unlock the necessary interaction.
- While talking to the vampire, select the "Ask to turn" interaction.
- Wait for the vampire to bite your Sim's neck.
The transformation will not be immediate. You will first experience the "Strangely Hungry" moodlet, which will change to "Disgusted with Food" after approximately 12 hours of play. After another 12 hours of play, "Disgusted with Food" will change to "Lost Appetite" and your Sim will feel nauseous while eating.
While transforming, a cloud of purple smoke will surround your Sim. When the transformation is about to complete, the purple smoke will turn black and lift your Sim into the air.
After another 12 hours of gameplay, you will receive a notification that your Sim is finally becoming a vampire. Once the transformation is complete, your Sim will receive a “Strange Thirst” moodlet. You probably know what that means.
How to Use a Cheat to Become a Vampire in The Sims 4
If finding a vampire and making a friendship with him seems too complicated, you can become a vampire using cheats. Follow the instructions below to instantly transform into a vampire:
- Simultaneously press the "Ctrl", "Shift" and "C" keys to bring up the cheat input box.
- Type “testingcheats true” in the window and press the “Enter” key to activate the cheats.
- Bring up the cheat input box again and type “traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire” to become a vampire immediately. Otherwise, type “stats.set_stat commodity_BecomingVampire 2160” to go through a natural vampiric transition.
Congratulations, your Sim is now officially a vampire.
How to Become a Vampire Hunter in The Sims 4
Some players prefer not to join the dark side and become vampire slayers rather than vampires. Follow the steps below to become one:
- Research information about vampires on your PC in the game. Achieve at least level 2 of the skill and proceed to purchase vampire books to advance it further.
- When your Knowledge of Vampires skill is high enough, your Sim will be able to purchase Garlic Seeds.
- Buy garlic seeds and plant them. You will need as many complete planters as possible to learn how to make garlands and garlic wreaths.
- When you have enough garlic, click on some in your inventory and make garlic decorations out of them. Then hang them anywhere in your home to keep vampires away.
- Keep building up your Vampire Lore skill. Be sure to also develop the Fitness skill, as you will need it to fight vampires.
- Learn vampire lore until you can plant wolfsbane and plasma fruit. Always keep some in your garden as you can make useful potions from these plants.
- When you reach Vampire Lore skill level 15, brew The Ultimate Vampire Cure cocktail. It takes 10 garlic, 10 plasma fruit and 10 wolfsbane. You will also have to pay 2.500 simoleons.
- Make sure your Fitness skill is maxed. Next, find a Vampire of the Medium category and select the "Kill Vampire" interaction. If you can't see the interaction, you'll need to escalate your relationship with the vampire first.
- If your Sim is strong enough, they will project The Ultimate Vampire Cure at the vampire to turn them into a human. You can't actually kill a vampire.
How to Become a Master Vampire in The Sims 4
Becoming a Vampire Master or Grand Master takes a lot of dedication. It cannot be achieved in a few simple steps but rather requires a whole set of actions and regularity. Follow the instructions below to start building your Vampire Rank in Sims 4:
- After becoming a vampire, start doing the usual vampire stuff - drinking plasma and using your powers.
- Click on yourself and select "Dark Meditation" from the options. Do it regularly.
- Meet a friendly vampire and participate in the "Sparr" interaction. Repeat regularly.
The next step is to develop the Vampire Lore skill. Here's how:
- Head to your computer and search for "Vampire Secrets."
- After research, buy plasma packs and vampire encyclopedia book.
- There are four books in total that cover 15 levels. Keep buying and reading books until you can buy Plasma Seeds and Plasma Fruit.
When you meet a vampire of a higher rank, ask him to train. This step is essential to becoming the Master Vampire.
Gradually, your vampire rank will increase. You can track progress by clicking the book icon at the bottom of the "Needs" tab. There, you'll see your power points organized by rank: Flight (1-2), Minor (3), Prime (4), Master (5), and Grand Master (6). With each ranking, you will have to choose new strengths and weaknesses. There are 11 weaknesses in total, where even Grandmasters have at least five.
If you don't have time to study vampire knowledge, train and fight other vampires, you can become the master vampire using a cheat. Follow the steps below:
- Simultaneously press the "Ctrl", "Shift" and "C" keys to bring up the command console.
- Type “testingcheats true” and press “Enter” to enable cheats.
- Press the "Ctrl", "Shift" and "C" keys simultaneously again and type "stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1058". Then press “Enter”.
Optionally, you can raise the Vampire Rank even further and become a Vampire Grandmaster by entering the "statistics.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1486" Cheat.
In this section, we'll answer more questions about vampires in The Sims 4.
How long does it take to turn into a vampire in The Sims 4?
The process of becoming a vampire in the game is divided into four phases. After the bite, your Sim will start to feel "strangely hungry". After approximately 12 hours of play, the moodlet will become "Disgusted with food". The second phase also ends in around 12 hours of gameplay, transitioning to "Appetite Lost". During the third phase, your Sim will feel miserable and unable to eat. Finally, after 12 more hours of gameplay, you will see a notification that the Sim is becoming a vampire. The final transformation takes another 12 hours of gameplay. Overall, the process takes around 48 hours of gameplay.
vampire by choice
Now that you've hopefully become a vampire in The Sims 4, you'll need to focus on developing your powers and maximizing your rank. Choose your strengths and weaknesses wisely, based on your goals and characteristics. Of course, you can also use cheats to max out all stats. Luckily, game developers don't care. In fact, the official EA games site states that cheating is an important part of the game.
What vampire powers do you find most useful in The Sims 4? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.