Disclaimer: Certain pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This in no way affects our editorial staff.
Any game that gains popularity also inevitably gains more rule-breaking players. Some may claim that they got a ban for no reason, and in rare cases that may be true. Regardless of what you did to get an IP ban, you're probably wondering how to get rid of it – and we have the answer.
In this article, we will explain how IP ban works in Roblox and how to bypass it. Additionally, we'll answer some common questions related to in-game bans. Keep reading to get back to the game as soon as possible.
How to Bypass a Ban in Roblox
Roblox has different types of bans – for example, you can get banned from specific places by other players or get an IP ban from Roblox moderators. In the latter case, you will be denied access to any Roblox server and you will receive the 403 error message when your IP address is detected. So, to bypass the IP ban, you need to change your IP address – simple as that. This can be done using a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Limited offer: 3 months FREE!
Before installing a VPN, you will need to clear your device of all Roblox-related files. If you're playing on a tablet or phone, uninstall the Roblox app. You can safely reinstall it and connect after installing the VPN and changing your IP address.
If you're playing on a PC, you'll need a new browser. For example, if you play with Microsoft Edge, install Mozilla Firefox or Opera. If you already have two browsers and only use one to play Roblox, you can safely use the second one.
One of the most reliable and popular VPN providers currently available in the market is ExpressVPN. Here's how to install the ExpressVPN app on a Windows, Mac, or Linux PC:
Limited offer: 3 months FREE!
- Buy the ExpressVPN plan from the official website. Upon purchase, you will be prompted to register.
- Log in to your ExpressVPN account.
- Verify the email you entered when registering a verification code. Enter the code when prompted on the ExpressVPN website.
- Click the green "Download" button on your operating system to download the ExpressVPN app.
- Copy the activation code shown on the ExpressVPN download page or leave the browser window open.
- Run the downloaded ExpressVPN setup file and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup.
- Launch the app and enter the activation code from step 5.
If you play Roblox on your Android phone or tablet, you will need to use the VPN on the same device. Here's how to install it:
- Select an appropriate ExpressVPN plan, purchase it, and register by following the on-screen instructions.
- Log in to ExpressVPN dashboard.
- Open the email you entered during registration and copy the verification code sent by ExpressVPN. Paste the code into a dedicated window on the ExpressVPN website.
- Note the activation code displayed in the browser window.
- Head over to Google Play Store and download the ExpressVPN app.
- Open the installed application and enter the activation code from step 5.
If you're using Roblox on iOS, follow the instructions below to install the ExpressVPN app:
- Purchase any preferred ExpressVPN plan and register by following the on-screen instructions.
- Log in to the ExpressVPN dashboard using your browser.
- Head to the email you entered when signing up and find a verification code sent by ExpressVPN. Copy and paste it when prompted on the ExpessVPN website.
- Copy the activation code that appears in your browser window.
- Download the ExpressVPN app from the App Store.
- Launch the application and paste the activation code from step 5 in the dedicated window.
Next, you will need to change your IP address using the ExpressVPN app. Here's how:
Limited offer: 3 months FREE!
- Launch the ExpressVPN app.
- Expand the drop-down menu on the application dashboard and select the desired server location.
- Click or press the big red power button on the dashboard to connect to the server. Once the button turns green, your IP will be changed.
Now you can safely launch Roblox and log into your account. The ban should disappear.
How long is the Roblox ban?
The length of the Roblox ban depends on the type of ban, its reason and your previous bans. Players who break the rules for the first time usually receive a warning or a one-day ban. If you have already been banned, the duration of the ban can be up to three or seven days depending on the severity of the rule violation. If you regularly receive bans, your account will be permanently deleted at some point – and that won't be as easily fixable as an IP ban.
Can I use a VPN on multiple devices?
The answer depends on the VPN provider you have chosen. ExpressVPN can be installed on five devices simultaneously at no additional cost. Alternatively, you can install it directly on your router to protect every device connected to its network. Installation instructions and compatibility may vary by router model.
How to get a Roblox ban?
The right question would be, "How can I avoid a Roblox ban?" » Roblox moderators issue bans for game rule violations, such as:
· Harass other players
Post or include inappropriate or adult content in games
Discriminate against other players
· Mention self-harm
This is only a small part of all the reasons why you can get banned from Roblox. Be sure to check the Community Standards to avoid getting banned in the future.
I believe I was wrongfully banned. What should I do?
Sometimes mistakes happen. Although Roblox moderators tend to be fair and review each case individually, sometimes they can ban someone wrongly. If you think you were banned for no reason, you can appeal the ban on your account.
The moderators will then look into the situation where your account got banned. It doesn't guarantee anything, but if you really haven't broken the rules, your ban may be removed.
Be a law-abiding player
Hope our guide helped you to bypass Roblox IP ban. To avoid getting banned in the future, read the Roblox Community Guidelines carefully and follow them strictly. And if you haven't broken any rules, it's a good idea to appeal your ban to the moderators. Mistakes happen, but the Roblox team tends to be fair and remove fake bans quickly.
What is the reason you got banned from Roblox? Share your experiences in the comments section below.