Think an app isn't delivering the premium experience you expected? Maybe a streaming service doesn't offer content that hits the right nerve?
Whatever the reason, it's easy to cancel any subscription through Google Play. The whole process only takes a few steps, and you don't have to be tech-savvy to do it.
This article gives you quick tutorials on how to do it on different devices. There are also tips and notes on cancellation limitations, subscription restart, and refunds.
How to Cancel a Subscription in Google Play on an Android Device
As mentioned, it doesn't take much to cancel your Google Play subscription through an Android device. Here are the steps.
- Launch Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Access your account by pressing the corresponding icon.
- Select "Payments and subscriptions", then choose "Subscriptions".
- Find the subscription you want to cancel, then highlight it.
- Choose "Cancel subscription" and follow the cancellation wizard.
- If prompted, choose the reason for the cancellation.
- Press "Continue", then confirm by selecting "Cancel Subscription".
Before starting the cancellation process, make sure you are logged into the correct Play Store account. Otherwise, the subscription will not appear in the list.
After canceling the subscription, you will not lose anything. You will still be able to use the app for the period you paid for. This applies to monthly and annual subscriptions. For example, if you get an annual subscription in December 2022 and then cancel one month later, you can use the account until December 2022.
How to Cancel a Subscription in Google Play on an iPhone
Canceling a Google Play subscription through an iPhone is quite similar to Android devices. See the steps below to get started:
- Go to your Google account.
- Log in again if prompted.
- Tap "Payments & Subscriptions" on the left side of the screen.
- Select “Manage subscriptions”.
- Choose the subscription you want to cancel.
- Select "Cancel Subscription".
- Tap one of the cancellation reasons when prompted.
- Confirm your choice.
Subscription information and actions will not display if the account is registered for someone under 13. The same applies to subscriptions purchased and shared via the “Family Link”. If this is the case for you, subscriptions can be canceled through the admin/parent account.
How to Cancel a Subscription in Google Play on PC
On a PC, you need to access Google Play through a browser. Here are the steps to get started:
- Launch your browser and navigate to the Play Store website.
- Make sure you're signed in with the correct Google account.
- Select "My subscription"; it's on the left side of the window.
- Choose the subscription you want to delete.
- Select "Manage", then "Cancel Subscription".
- A confirmation window appears; choose “Yes”.
If you delete an app from Google Play and there is a subscription on that app, the subscription is automatically terminated. And all future subscriptions of this application are cancelled.
When you cancel a Play Pass subscription, you lose access to the following items.
- Integrated purchasing
- Paid apps and games
- Ad-free experience
How to Cancel Pandora Subscription via Google Play
This quick tutorial applies to all devices, Android, iOS or Windows. The UI (User Interface) is the same, as are the actions. Only, you access the Play Store through a browser if you are using a PC or a Mac. So here are the steps to follow:
- Access Google Play via browser or app.
- Go to "My subscriptions" and access the list.
- Go to Pandora and highlight it.
- Choose "Cancel Subscription".
- Follow the on-screen wizard to complete the action.
It is possible to cancel the Pandora subscription via the app's website. Check the steps for computers and mobile devices below.
- Access the Pandora website.
- Tap the hamburger icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select “Subscriptions”.
- If requested, log into your account.
- Choose "Change plan" under "Subscription details".
- Select "Cancel Subscription".
- Type your password and you will unsubscribe.
- Launch a browser, go to Pandora and sign in.
- Go to “Subscriptions”, you can do it through “Settings”.
- Click on “Change plan”.
- Choose "Cancel Subscription", it's at the bottom of the menu window.
- Type in your password for confirmation, and you're good to go.
How to Cancel Disney+ Subscription on Google Play
Canceling a Disney+ subscription is not as easy as you might think. The steps may depend on how you subscribed in the first place, and here's how to cancel through Google Play.
- Access Google Play Store via Android device.
- Tap the profile icon to launch the "More" menu.
- Choose Disney+, then select "Cancel Subscription".
On an iPhone
- Go to the "Settings" application.
- Enter your account by pressing your name.
- Choose "Subscriptions", then select the "Disney+" option.
- Press "Cancel Subscription" and confirm your choice.
On a computer
The following steps also work on tablets and smartphones.
- Launch your browser and navigate to the Disney+ website.
- Log in to your account and click on the profile icon.
- Select "Account".
- Choose the type of subscription; “Disney Plus (monthly)”, for example.
- Select "Cancel Subscription" and provide the reasons for cancellation.
- Click "Cancel Subscription" again to confirm.
Pause a Google Play subscription
If you are short of money, but like an app, you don't need to cancel the subscription. For example, you can pause it for a month and then continue after that. But note that this option is not available on all applications. See the steps below to get started.
- Access your Google Play account.
- Make sure you are logged in with the correct account.
- Select the “Account” icon; it's in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose "Payments and subscriptions", then "Subscriptions".
- Go to the subscription you want to cancel and highlight it.
- Select "Manage", then "Pause payments".
- Choose the period to suspend the subscription, then press "Confirm".
If the app does not support "Hold Payments", the option will not appear when you click or tap "Manage".
Restart a subscription
After a while, you may realize that you want to use the subscription again. It's pretty easy to restart subscriptions for apps like Fitbit Premium. Follow the steps below to start using a subscription again.
- Launch Play Store on your device via app or browser.
- Select "Payments and subscriptions" and choose "Subscriptions".
- Tap or click the subscription you canceled or paused.
- Choose "Manage", then "Resume" to confirm.
Your subscription is reactivated immediately and you benefit from all the advantages of a premium account.
Easy to cancel
Canceling any subscription on Google Play is relatively easy. The steps are similar regardless of the device you are using. Additionally, there might be an option to pause a subscription instead of canceling it if you just need some time off.
Which subscriptions do you want to cancel? What are the reasons for doing so?
Share your opinion in the comments below.