Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few years, you've probably made purchases through the Wish app. Since late 2015, this app has been the go-to platform for great savings and cheap merchandise.
While some users still question its legitimacy and customer policy, the Wish app is among the most popular e-commerce platforms. You should know that the app is 100% legit and there should be no problem if you need to cancel an order or get a refund.
This article walks you through the cancellation process, step by step, and provides information on how to get a refund or return an item.
Cancel an order on Wish using iPhone/Android
The cancellation process on the iOS and Android Wish app is simple and straightforward. The interface is user-friendly and you can easily cancel an order at any time. However, cancellation request must be made within eight hours of placing the order or you risk the item(s) being shipped. In the steps below, the prompts are automated and state-based. For example, you won't get a refund option if the item is still being processed. Here's how to cancel a Wish order on IOS/iPhone and Android devices.
- Open the Wish app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Press the "hamburger icon" (Menu) in the upper left corner.
- Select « Your commands« in the menu you just opened.
- In your "Order History" list, find and tap the item you want to cancel.
- Select « Need help with this article?«
- To choose “Cancel this item. » Cancellation must occur within 8 hours of order placement or you risk the item being shipped.
- That's it! The order is canceled immediately after pressing the "Cancel this item" option. Confirm that the order has been canceled before leaving the "Order History" section.
Notes: There is no charge for canceling an order and it comes back immediately when you press "I want to cancel my order".
Request a wish refund using an iPhone or Android device
Since there is a difference between canceling a Wish order and getting a refund, the refund process becomes the next option. The initial steps are the same for refunds as for cancellations, then the automated service takes over and guides/instructions you. The questions available are based on your current account status, such as a new order, an order that has shipped, an order that is still undelivered, etc. Here's how.
- Launch the Wish app on your iPhone.
- Press the "hamburger icon" (menu icon) at the top left of your screen.
- To choose « Your commands« from the options that appear.
- Tap the item in question. Wish handles issues based on the item, not the order.
- In the yellow box below the item, if there is one, select " Yes " ou " No " as to whether you have received the order/product(s) or not.
- Press « Need help with this article?,«
- Again, choose " Yes " ou " No " as to whether you received the order or not.
- Another message appears informing you that you can get a refund. To confirm, press " I want a refund. »
- Next, choose your preferred refund method by selecting "Wish Money" (store credit) or “Original Payment Method”.
- A confirmation message appears, confirming your refund request. Follow additional instructions, if any.
Notes: Wish refunds delivered in Wish Cash are instant. Refunds via the original payment method take 5-10 business days.
Wish App Returns
Like all e-commerce platforms, the Wish app has a clearly defined return policy that applies to most products, excluding software and DVDs or hygiene products with a broken seal.
Compared to cancellations and refunds, the return process takes longer and may incur additional charges.
As on many other e-commerce platforms, you have 30 days to return the item upon receipt. If you get the wrong product or it arrives defective, the merchant covers the cost of return. In all other cases, you will have to cover the shipping costs. Again, everything is automated. Just follow the instructions and answer the questions.
- Launch Wish on your iPhone or Android device.
- Press the "hamburger icon" (Menu) located at the top left.
- To choose " Your commands " from the menu options.
- In the "Order History" list, find and tap the item you want to return, then select “Need help with this article? » then choose the appropriate options. Wish manages product service per item, not per order.
- That's it! Follow the shipping/return instructions to complete the process on your end.
Notes: Depending on the item, you may have to pay shipping costs to return it. Wish's automated virtual support lets you know how to handle the return.
Once the product is returned to Wish, the company will provide you with a full refund, including the initial shipping costs.
Notes: International shipping applies to most Wish products, although some may come from US warehouses. This means that it may take some time for Wish to receive your returned item. In general, this should not exceed 3 weeks.
What's in the mystery box?
The bottom line is that it's pretty easy to cancel your order from the Wish app. But remember, you must do it within 8 hours of ordering. Among other features, the app also lets you change the mailing address and provides detailed shipment tracking.
Since some users are reporting issues with the app, we would like to hear about your experience. Tell us about the items you ordered, how quickly they arrived, and if you've ever tried to cancel a Wish order.