The world of note taking has gotten quite competitive over the years, with new apps that offer a wide range of cool features. Most can't compare to the curated bookmarks people tend to use, especially Evernote, also known as the "King of Notes."
However, every feature-rich app comes with a few hidden ones that are always a bit obscure to the typical user. One such feature is changing the default font in Evernote. While some users can use the default font just fine, a few prefer to customize the fonts for this application.
If you fall into the latter category, you've come to the right place. Keep reading to learn more about changing the default font in Evernote on different platforms.
How to Change the Default Font in Evernote on PC
One of the most convenient things about Evernote is that it offers a PC version which you can download from their official website or log in through a web browser and access everything directly from there. If you're an Evernote for PC user, customizing your app's font is as easy as 1-2-3.
All you have to do is:
- Open a new, blank document or open an old one you're already working on.
- On the top bar which is just above the document, there are several editing tools such as Insert,
Bold, italic, and just between these is a Font option.
- Click on the displayed font name and change it to the one you prefer.
How to Change Default Font in Evernote on iPhone App
Similar to the PC version, there are ways to change fonts on the official iOS app. There was no way to do this in previous versions of this app, and people were trying to create many different workarounds.
Luckily, the Evernote team listened and provided a solution – and it's simple. Here's how:
- Go to the Edit tab located near the top of the keyboard.
- Right next to the Insert button, there's a letter "A" with three horizontal lines next to it. Select the text you prefer.
- Press the "A" button.
How to Change Default Font in Evernote on Android Device
There are several workarounds for changing the font of your Evernote documents. However, Android devices have a few more options than other devices. Maybe it's because the Android system is open source, which allows everything to be more customizable.
Even though changing the default font on Android devices is done the same way as the iOS app, there's a bit more you can do to get creative with the style of your notes and documents. The first way to change the font in Evernote is the following default method:
- On the Evernote app, open a new note.
- Press the letter "A" with the three horizontal lines next to it. This button is located just above the keyboard, in the Edit tab.
- A small window will appear and you can switch between fonts in place.
However, if you only want to change the font style for a particular paragraph or sentence, here's what you need to do:
- Open an existing note.
- Select the word, phrase, or paragraph you want to style differently.
- Press the same letter "A" with the horizontal stripes right next to it. Style with the font of your liking.
If you are unhappy with the app's font selection, you can try the following:
- Open any web browser app on your Android device.
- Look on different websites for different fonts that you might prefer to those offered on Evernote.
- Copy a snippet of text that is styled in the font you prefer.
- Open Evernote and paste this text into your new blank document or into a note you're already writing. It should be pasted with the font of your choice.
- The way to continue typing with this same font is to continue writing on the same line as the snippet. You can delete the pasted text after you've finished writing, as the app already picks up the font.
On personalization and aesthetic value
Customizing your notes, documents, and schedules can be a beneficial routine for the working person who wants to get things done. From what you have read above, you have learned about the various ways to use the Evernote app to bring greater aesthetic value to your work.
If you're a personalization fanatic, using Evernote might be a good idea, and if you already use the service, now you know a little more about all the ways you can better use it to your advantage.
That said, would you try spicing up your notes in Evernote, or would you rather stick with the original one? Let us know in the comments section below.