It has been reported that 13% of all Americans are visually impaired in some way. Maybe you belong to this category and have struggled with your iPhone font. Or maybe you want to adjust the text size according to your personal preference.
Whatever your reason, being able to change the font size on your iPhone can be an extremely useful hack to know.
In this article, we'll show you how to do just that, no matter what model or app you're using.
Change font size: iPhone X, 11 and 12
The iPhone X, 11 and 12 represent the last three generations of smartphones from Apple. Filled with technologically advanced features (like dual 12-megapixel sensors), these iPhones are not only smart but practical.
iPhones X, 11, and 12 all share the use of iOS 15. The software update available on these iPhones makes it easier to change fonts.
Here is what you need to do:
- From your homepage, go to "Settings".
- Tap "Display & Brightness".
- Drag the slider where it says “Text Size” until it reaches the font size you want.
There's another way to change your font size on an iPhone X, 11, or 12:
- Tap “Settings”.
- Then go to “Accessibility”.
- Next, tap on “Display and text size”.
- Once in this folder, you will be able to make a host of changes to your text viewing experience, including adjusting your font size.
Change font size: iPhone 6, 7 and 8
iPhone 6, 7 and 8 models often get confused because they are the same size. Although there are minor differences between these three iPhones, the way to change the font remains the same across the board.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Go to “General”.
- Next, tap on the “Accessibility” button.
- At this point, you will see the option to adjust the size of your text using the available slider.
Change Font Size: iPhone Email Signature
Your electronic signature is an important tool. Having the right signature is essentially like handing someone a business card at the end of an email. It allows all recipients to see the important information you want to share and creates an opportunity to tag any email you send.
Ensuring your signature is perfect is a big deal and often font size can play a big role in how your signature looks.
Here's how to access your email signature on your iPhone:
- Tap "Settings" from your home page.
- Then go to “Mail”.
- From the list of available options, select “Signature”.
But here's the catch. Unfortunately, you won't be able to change the default font size using this method. The Mail app on the iPhone only offers limited signature settings, such as bolding, italicizing, or underlining text.
To successfully change your signature font size on all your devices, follow these steps:
- On a computer, sign in to the email account from which you want to use the personal signature.
- Create your signature in the font size you want, then email yourself using that signature.
- Open the email you sent to yourself from your iPhone.
- Long-press the area of the email containing your signature and select "Copy" from the bar that appears.
- Go back to the signature box in "Settings" and press and hold "Paste".
- A box may appear saying "Cancel edit attributes". Select "Undo" to have the signature appear exactly as you originally intended.
- Press the "Save" button in the left corner.
- You should now be able to send emails from your iPhone with the correct size signature.
Change Font Size: iPhone Notes
The built-in Notes app on iPhones can be used for many different things. From shopping lists to daily planners, this app is extremely popular and plays an important role in many people's daily lives.
But how to adjust the font size?
It's actually quite easy. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Open "Settings".
- Go to “Display & Brightness”.
- Where you see it says "Text Size", adjust the slider below to the desired font size.
- Go back to your Notes app and start typing. The font should now be changed.
Change Font Size: iPhone Text Message
Being able to see exactly what we are typing when composing text messages is very important. Luckily, iPhones give us the ability to change the font size so that we don't accidentally send typos when texting friends, family, or even work colleagues.
Here's how to do it:
- Open "Settings" from your home page.
- Tap "General".
- Next, you will need to select “Accessibility”.
- From the list of available options, choose "Larger text" and turn on the toggle to be green to allow "Larger accessibility sizes".
- Adjust the slider at the bottom of the screen to match the font size you want.
- Go to the "Messages" application and write a text. The desired font must be activated.
How can I enlarge everything on my iPhone?
You can magnify your iPhone screen by going to "Settings", then "Display & Brightness". Press "View" and select the "Zoom" option. Once you're satisfied, tap "Set." Your iPhone screen should now be enlarged.
Why is the font so big when using AirPrint?
When printing using AirPrint, users may find that the text size is larger than expected. To solve this problem, you can shrink the text by doing the following:
1. From your home page, navigate to "Settings".
2. Select “General”, then “Accessibility”.
3. Next to 'Larger Text', select 'ON'.
4. Using the slider, resize the text size to the smallest setting available.
5. Try to print your documents using Airdrop again. The text size should now be smaller.
Does size matter?
With more and more people choosing to use iPhones around the world, it seems only fair that Apple consider all the needs of its potential customers. This includes making necessary adjustments for those of us who may be visually impaired in some way.
Wherever you are on the spectrum of iPhone font size preferences, by following the steps above, you can successfully change and adjust the text size on your iPhone to suit your individual needs.
Have you tried changing the font size on your iPhone device? Do you prefer a larger or smaller font? Let us know in the comments section below.