Your Hisense TV is a versatile device that can accommodate multiple inputs. You can plug in a game console, DVD player and external hard drive while leaving room for that Blu-ray player you love so much. You can even use your TV as a desktop monitor.
But with so many devices available for connection, you need to master how to switch between them, how to go from input A to input B quickly and efficiently.
In this article, we show you how to do it.
Now let's see how you can change your TV input and enjoy your favorite content.
Most Hisense TV model remotes come with a dedicated button to switch between inputs. This button is usually labeled "Input", "Source" or something similar. Here's how to change the input using the input button:
- Press the "Source" button.
- When the list of available entries appears, use the up and down arrows to scroll through the list.
- Select the desired source, then press OK to connect.
And that's all! With these steps, you can lock any source and enjoy content on your Hisense TV as you see fit.
In some Hisense TV models, the remote does not come with an input button. You need to open the system menu to access it. Here's how:
- Press the Menu button on your remote. This should launch your TV's settings section.
- Scroll through the options and select "Enter".
- Move the input menu up and down to select the desired option.
- Press OK to activate.
As we have seen, changing the input of your Hisense TV using a remote control is quite convenient. But what if your remote is broken or misplaced? What to do if the batteries are discharged? Do not worry. You can still change the input manually using the buttons on your TV. Here's how:
- Switch on your television.
- Click the Menu button. This should launch the OSD screen.
- Click on "Enter".
- Use the channel buttons to switch to the desired input. In most models this should automatically switch the input to the selected setting. If this does not activate the required input, hold down the Menu button and press both volume buttons simultaneously.
If you don't have the remote and don't want to worry about changing the input manually, you can trick your TV into showing the input menu. To do this, plug something into the TV while it's on. For example, if your game console is on and you plug it into your TV, the console stream will automatically appear on the screen.
If you own a Hisense smart TV, changing the input couldn't be easier. Hisense smart TVs use Android for the base system, ensuring seamless compatibility with all Google services and apps. This opens a gateway to new methods for modifying the input that would otherwise not be available in traditional analog/digital models.
Let's see the specific ways to change the input on your Hisense smart TV:
The Android Remote app for Hisense TVs turns your phone into the ultimate remote. It helps you do everything you would with a traditional remote: change inputs, channels, adjust volume and more.
You can tell your TV what to do using your voice. And a touchpad makes menu navigation much more intuitive and responsive compared to pressing buttons. With a simple swipe, you can scroll through menus without being limited by the directional arrows.
Here's how to change the input on your Hisense TV using the Android Remote app for Hisense TVs:
First, the app needs to be installed on your smartphone and then connected to your Hisense TV. Here are the steps:
- Visit Google Play Store or the App Store to download and install the app.
- Open the app.
- Tap "Agree and Continue" to agree to the app terms of service.
- Select "Hisense Smart TV" from the list of available devices.
- Enter the PIN generated by the app to pair the app with your Hisense TV.
After connecting the app to your TV, you can now use the app to do just about anything on your TV. Here are the ways you can change your TV's input:
To edit the entry using this approach:
- Tap the text input box and type "Input" on the virtual keyboard that appears.
- Press "Go".
This should open the input options available on your TV where you can select the input you want.
Voice search on the Android Remote app for Hisense TVs is a great way to speed up searches and quickly bring up your TV menus. Just tap the microphone icon in the top right corner of the app and say a word or phrase related to what you're looking for. Your search will automatically be filtered based on the context of what was said. You can then choose from a list of results that meet your needs.
In this case, a simple "Enter" voice command should draw all available input options and allow you to select the one you want.
Google Assistant is Google's voice-activated system that uses artificial intelligence to execute commands, answer questions, or perform searches. This is one of the features that comes with the Google Home app. There are several ways to activate the service. You can either say "OK Google" followed by your command or tap it from the home screen.
Here's how to use Google Assistant to change the input on your Hisense TV:
- Download and install the Google Home app from Google Play or App Store.
- Connect your phone and Hisense TV to the same Wi-Fi network. Once connected successfully, you should be able to see your TV in the app.
- Tap the TV to pair it with the app. You should now be able to control your TV from the app.
To illustrate, let's say you want to change the input from AV to HDMI. You need to execute the following voice command: "OK Google, change the input to HDMI".
If your Hisense smart TV is equipped with RokuOS, you can easily change the input even if you don't have the TV's original remote. Here's how:
- Download and install the Roku app on your Hisense TV. The app is free on both Google Play and App Store.
- Once the app is successfully installed, launch it and connect it to the same Wi-Fi network as your Hisense TV.
- Tap the TV to pair it with the app. This will allow you to control your TV from the app.
- Tap the "Remote" tab at the bottom of the app's home screen.
- At this point, you should be able to see the virtual "Input" or "Source" button. Tap it to change the entry to the desired category.
Changing the input on your Hisense TV is simple when you have the remote control. But even if you don't, Hisense has made sure there are plenty of other convenient ways to do it. If you have a digital TV, you can either change the input manually or open the input submenu by plugging in a compatible external device when the TV is on. These methods should work if you have a Hisense smart TV, but the Android Remote app for Hisense TVs or Google Assistant can also do the job.
Have you tried changing the input on your Hisense TV via any of the methods described in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.