Apex Legends Season 10 is in full swing and millions of people around the world are joining the fun. The game features a wide range of languages to choose from to ensure a seamless experience for such a large player base. But how exactly do you change your language in Apex Legends?
In this article, we will give you a step by step guide to change the language in Apex Legends. We'll also show you how to do it on all major devices to help improve your cross-platform gaming sessions.
How to Change Language in Apex Legends on PC
Most people play Apex Legends from their PC, either through Steam or Origin. This section will show you how to change your language in Origin. Here's what you need to do:
- Open Origin and search for Apex Legends in the library.
- Click on the game and press the gear symbol to access the settings.
- Navigate to the "Advanced launch options" section.
- Select your preferred language and you are good to go.
How to Change the Language in Apex Legends on a PlayStation
Changing the language in Apex Legends on a PlayStation is quite simple.
- Launch Apex Legends.
- Go to settings.
- This window will display the option to change your language.
- Select the desired language and return to your game.
How to Change the Language in Apex Legends on an Xbox
Changing the language on an Xbox is like the PlayStation process described above. For that, proceed as following :
- Start Apex Legends.
- Launch Settings.
- Find the possibility to change the language and choose between English, Your country, German, Japanese and eight other languages.
How to Change the Language in Apex Legends on a Nintendo Switch
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to change your Apex Legends language on Nintendo Switch. Instead, you'll need to change your console language and the change should apply to your game.
Follow these steps to change the language on your Nintendo Switch:
- Go to your home menu.
- Choose the “System Settings” option.
- Navigate to the left side of the screen.
- Scroll down to the "System" window.
- Go to the right side of your screen and press the "Language" button.
- Choose between English, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese and 12 other options.
- Restart your Nintendo Switch and your Apex Legends should now work in your preferred language.
How to change the language in Apex Legends on Steam
Steam is the other launcher that you can use to play Apex Legends on PC. Like Origin, the platform allows you to choose your game language:
- Start Steam and locate Apex Legends in the library.
- Right-click on the game and select the "Properties" button.
- Navigate to the left side of the screen and go to the "Language" tab.
- Choose your preferred language and start your Apex Legends with your new language installed.
You can also use another method to change the language. Keep in mind that it's a bit more complicated:
- Open Steam and navigate to your library.
- Find Apex Legends and right-click on the game. Choose the "Properties" option.
- Go to the "Launch Options" sections and go to the end of the line in the box.
- Replace the last word in the line indicating the current language (for example, Japanese or Italian) with your preferred language.
- Close the window and restart your Apex Legends.
If the game still uses the same language even after updating your language pack, you will need to delete or rename the old files:
- Open Steam and navigate to your library.
- Locate Apex Legends and right click on it.
- Choose the "Manage" option, followed by "Browse local files".
- Go to the “Audio” folder and then to the “Ship” folder.
- You should find a bunch of languages in this window. To get rid of unwanted ones, select them and press the "Delete" button at the top of the menu. You can also rename them to something Apex Legends won't recognize. This way the game will be forced to use your preferred language.
- Return to the main Steam menu and launch Apex Legends.
How to change the language in Apex Legends Mobile
Language switching in Apex Legends isn't just for PC and consoles. You can also do this on your mobile phone. Here's how:
1. Start Apex Legends on your mobile.
2. Go to settings.
3. Go to "Language Settings".
4. Choose one of the languages and press the "OK" button.
5. Restart the application to apply the change.
Bridging the Language Gap in Apex Legends
Game language may have been an insurmountable obstacle in Apex Legends, but that's no longer the case. Whether you're playing the shooter on your PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, or smartphone, you can choose your preferred language in seconds. The result will be a much more enjoyable gaming experience and a user-friendly interface.
What language do you use in your Apex Legends? Do you have the PC or console version? Have you tried another method to change the language? Let us know in the comments section below.