One of the main reasons Sims games are loved by gamers is the wide range of character personality traits and how they affect gameplay. However, sometimes you don't like the traits you have chosen. If you're wondering how to change them, we're here to help.
In this guide, we'll cover how to change traits in The Sims 4 - when creating a Sim and afterwards, with and without cheats. We'll also provide answers to some of the most common trait-related questions in The Sims 4. Read on to find out how to modify your Sims 4 characters.
How to Change Traits in The Sims 4
For players who prefer not to use cheats, changing character traits after they've been created isn't that easy. To do this on a PC, Xbox or PS4, follow the steps below:
- Collect 5000 satisfaction points. This can be done by collecting quirks or using a cheat.
- Visit the reward shop and buy the re-processing potion.
- Drink the potion. A pop-up window will appear. Select the strokes you want to modify.
How to change traits in The Sims 4 with a cheat on PC
If you don't want to waste time collecting points, you can use cheats to change your Sim's traits. To do this on a PC, follow the instructions below:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + C on your keyboard and type “testingcheats”, then press Enter.
- Type “cas.fulleditmode” and press Enter.
- Press Esc on your keyboard to close the cheat input box.
- Hold down the Shift key and click on the Sim whose traits you want to change.
- Choose "Edit in CAS".
- The Create a Sim menu will appear, where you can edit any trait.
The Create a Sim menu will appear, where you can edit any trait.
How to change traits in The Sims 4 with a cheat on Xbox and PS4
For console players, the steps for editing Sim traits using cheats are only slightly different than for PC players. To use cheats on Xbox and PS4, follow the steps below:
- Simultaneously press and hold R1/RB, R2/RT, L1/LB and L2/LT for a few seconds.
- Type “testingcheats” and select enter.
- Select a Sim whose traits you want to change and press R1/RB, R2/RT, L1/LB and L2/LT again at the same time.
- Type “cas.fulleditmode” and select Enter.
- Choose "Edit in CAS" and edit the desired characteristics.
How to Choose Traits in The Sims 4 CAS Mode
To choose traits in Create A Sim mode, follow the steps below:
- Enter CAS mode – either by choosing to create a new Sim or by using a cheat code.
- After choosing your Sim's name, age, and gender, the traits menu will open.
- Click on the line hexagons to see all the options.
- Choose the strokes. You can choose to choose them randomly by clicking on the dice icon.
Tip: Some mutually exclusive traits cannot be chosen together.
Read this section to find answers to some of the most common trait-related questions in The Sims 4.
Can you change traits in The Sims 4 in the MC Command Center?
Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to modify traits using the MC Command Center. The creator of MCCC does not plan to work on it until a new UI element has been implemented by the game developers. /www.techjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/003/003/Traits-in-Sims-003.jpgu0022 alt=u203206Traits in Sims 0022u0022u500e
Why can't I change my Sim's traits?
Once you create a character, their traits cannot be changed unless you take a Re-Treating Potion or use cheats. Sometimes traits can't be changed even in CAS mode - this happens when using Story mode. In this mode, character traits are determined by your answers to a quiz. However, you can also change Story Mode traits using cheats.
What types of traits are there in The Sims 4?
There are several types of traits in The Sims 4: personality, death, bonus, and reward. Personality traits include emotional traits, hobbies, lifestyle, and social traits. Death traits determine how a Sim will die and how they will act when ghosted. Bonus and reward traits are different, mostly related to a Sim's abilities – for example, a character can learn to act or improve their relationship with animals.
How many traits can a Sim have?
In CAS mode, you can choose up to three personality traits for an adult Sim, up to two traits for a teenager, and a single trait for children and toddlers. As the Sims kids get older, you will have the option to select more traits. Bonus traits can be selected with a character's aspiration. You can only choose one bonus trait and it cannot be changed later. Death traits can be chosen upon death, only one per character. Reward traits are unlimited.
Customize your Sim as you wish
Hopefully, with the help of our guide, you can now change your Sims' traits at any point in the game. After all, characters can change over time just like real people. The ability to make each Sim unique is what makes the game so enjoyable.
Which Sims traits do you like the most and the least? Do you prefer to do it quickly and use cheats to change traits or play fair and buy the Re-Treating Potion? Share your opinions in the comments section below.