Until recently, many Discord users had trouble syncing their time zone with those shown in the app. This was particularly problematic in DST countries, but the problem was not isolated to those countries.
Luckily, Discord quickly spotted the issue and fixed it. However, if your Discord account is still not syncing properly, you can manually fix the problem.
You can find out how to change your time zone below. Keep in mind that this may not apply if you use Discord bots that display the time. This would require programming.
How to Change Time Zone in Discord on Windows PC
To change the time zone and time on Discord, you must first make the necessary changes on your PC. Here are the steps.
- Click Start, then go to Control Panel and open it.
- Click Clock, language and region.
- Select "Change time zone" under the Date and time options.
- A window with a clock and your current time zone will appear.
- Click on the “Change time zone…” button and select your time zone from the drop-down window.
- Click the OK button to confirm.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Advice: It should be enough to restart the application.
How to Change the Time Zone in Discord on an iPhone
Again, you will make changes on the iPhone and restart the app and the device.
- Launch the Settings app and tap on the General menu.
- Select Date and time under General and turn off Set automatically.
- Select Time Zone, then enter a city in your preferred time zone.
- Confirm and restart the Discord app.
IMPORTANT Notes: Some operators do not support Set automatically, so the option can be disabled. If the time zone is disabled after syncing your iPhone with a Mac or PC, the time zone is probably disabled on the computer.
How to Change the Time Zone in Discord on a Mac
- From your home screen, click the Apple menu on the far left of the toolbar.
- Click System Preferences, then click Time & Date. If the option is locked, click on the padlock and enter your password to access more actions.
- Disable "Set date and time automatically".
- On the calendar in the Time and Date window, select today's date.
- Enter your time in the designated field or use the clock hands.
- Click Save and proceed with the time zone change.
- Disable "Set time zone automatically using current location".
- Select your general area on the map in the Time Zone window.
- Choose the nearest city from the pop-up window and select your city or the one closest to you.
- Confirm changes and restart Discord.
Notes: You may need to restart your Mac to change the time zone. Do this if Discord does not reflect changes on restart.
How to change the time zone in Discord on an android
- Access the native Clock app on your Android smartphone.
- Tap the three vertical dots to access the More menu, then choose Settings.
- Go to Clock, set the date and time and confirm.
- Restart the Discord app.
Expert tip: Time zone changes are tied to your Discord account. This means that once you change it on one device, all other devices with Discord will sync automatically.
let the games begin
Ultimately, changing your time zone on Discord isn't that complicated. Just follow the steps for your device, restart the app, and everything should be back to normal.
Oh, and if that doesn't take effect immediately, try restarting your device.
How did you change the time zone before reading this article? Are there any other issues bothering you on Discord?
Share your two cents in the comments below.