In PUBG Mobile, players have few opportunities to communicate with teammates, usually limited to voice chat. PUBG Mobile also has a set of pre-determined voice commands that users can enter directly from their menu. This allows them to forego using their device's microphones and speak a phrase with just a few taps.
These commands are not set in stone, however.
There are several ways to customize them to better suit your playstyle and that of your team. You can even change the language of the voice commands you hear.
If you're looking for a way to change voice commands, look no further. This article will explain what you will need to do to change PUBG Mobile voice commands.
How to Change Voice Commands in PUBG Mobile
There are three main ways to change your PUBG Mobile voice commands:
- Swap preset commands in the inventory menu.
- Use different voice announcers and packs.
- Customize your voice commands with different voices or languages.
The first two options can go together since they are available in the same menu. Generally, these are more than enough to provide a decent level of customization and streamline your PUBG experience. If you want to move some predefined commands or use different advertisers, here's what you need to do:
- Launch PUBG Mobile on your device, then select "Inventory" from the menu list or bottom bar.
- Select the character you want to change the voicemails for using the character selection menu. You can customize voice commands for each character you own.
- Go to the "equipment box", the fourth icon from the top.
- Tap the “Voicemail” option (the icon is a message icon or a microphone).
- Your screen will be split in two. On the left side are your currently equipped voice commands. You can use the “Wheel” or “List” tabs to change how your voice command menu appears on screen.
On the right side of the screen, you will see all available voice commands. There are three command categories to choose from: Tactics, Movement, and Discussions. Tap the appropriate tab at the top to switch between them.
- Tap the "Edit" button at the bottom to make changes.
- If you want to switch advertisers, tap the drop-down list in the top bar of the right menu. Character-specific announcers are locked to that character.
- Use the “–” icon next to a voice command to remove it from the selection and make room for new ones. If there are no icons next to the voice command to choose from, you can drag and drop voice commands.
- Select the "+" icon in the left list or wheel, then tap the voice command you want to place in the right menu to lock it to that option. Alternatively, drag and drop until you're happy with your options.
- Press the "OK" button at the bottom left to confirm your changes.
You are free to play some games and test your new voice commands. If you want to return to the character's default voice settings, press the "Default" button in the voice command menu.
If you want to get more announcer voices, you will need to own the character from this voice pack. You can either get the voice lines for them or buy them from the store. Otherwise, you are limited to the two default advertisers. These two have the same spoken lines with different voices, while unique announcers come with their own usable message variations.
The other way to change your voice commands is to use custom voice options.
For example, you can use different language packs, usually only available for the localized version of the game. Alternatively, you can find other voice announcers explicitly made for PUBG commands or taken from other games.
However, to get these voice packs, you'll have to dig a bit. You can find samples with meticulous research on the internet.
It should also be noted that using custom voice packs in this manner does not change what your teammates will hear from their devices. Custom voice commands are designed to overlay and replace local game files. When you enter a custom voice command from your device, other players hear the original command associated with the same voice command slot.
Using custom commands is also somewhat discouraged as it modifies game files and can be construed as modifying or hacking the game. safest customization option to use if you want more than the default choices.
Custom voices are not tested (nor available) for iOS devices, as their file packaging system works differently. Therefore, we can only guarantee Android devices at this time.
Here is what you need to do to use PUBG Mobile custom voices:
- Download ZArchiver for your mobile device. This tool allows you to unzip files downloaded from the browser and manipulate your application files.
- Download one of the custom voices mentioned above or the one you found on the internet. Your download folder should contain an "Active.sav" file. This is where voice commands are stored.
- Open ZArchiver and extract the file to your local storage.
- Navigate to the following address in your Android storage:
Storage > Emulated > Android > Data > com.tencent.ig > Files > UE4Game > ShadowTrackerExtra > ShadowTrackerExtra > Saved > SaveGames
- Replace the "Active.sav" file in the folder with the one you extracted. For safety, move the original file somewhere else to keep it as a backup on the phone.
- Launch the game and proceed to edit the characters.
From there, follow the steps outlined above to change the voice lines you want to use. Most lines will show the original voice command they changed, allowing you to see what your teammates will hear.
If you don't see the edited voice lines or if your game freezes while loading, restart your phone and then try the steps to edit the voice lines again.
If you want a slightly easier way to make changes and find the correct files, you can connect your phone to a PC via the USB port. This connection gives you direct access to files on the phone if you select the USB storage option. Use decompression programs available on the PC (like WinRAR or 7Zip) to extract the downloaded files.
Hear voices in PUBG Mobile
When the default voice commands get boring, you're just a few steps away from changing them. With the number of options available with the default announcers, we're sure you can find some that work great for your game. If you want to hear other voices, you'll need to get character-specific lines from the game store or resort to downloading and using custom packs.
What is your favorite announcer voice in PUBG Mobile? What voice commands do you typically use in-game? Let us know in the comment section below.