Amazon Kindle Fire allows you to read e-books, surf the Internet and watch movies. But for all its positives, it doesn't allow you to view content available in regions other than your own. For example, if you move from the US to the UK, you cannot access Amazon's US website. Instead, you'll be redirected to Amazon's UK website, which can be potentially problematic or inconvenient.
For starters, you may not be able to access some eBooks due to copyright restrictions. Additionally, the price of an item may change when you move from one regional Amazon website to another.
Luckily, there's a way to bypass these geoblocks and enjoy all your favorites from anywhere in the world.
In this article, we'll show you how to do it.
How to Change Location on Kindle Fire?
Kindle Fire is a popular tool among people who love to read. The tablet is a great way to keep up with your reading without carrying heavy books. It comes with a crisp and clear text display, an advanced interface, and instant access to newspapers and magazines.
The new generation of Kindle isn't just better at displaying text. It can also be used to watch Netflix, browse the web, listen to music, and even download other types of apps that provide great entertainment.
There's only one problem: Kindle Fire content is geographically restricted. For example, some e-books are only available in the United States due to copyright restrictions imposed by authors and publishers.
And it's not just e-books: Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and music players, all available on Kindle Fire, are subject to geo-restrictions. You can imagine missing the latest episodes of your favorite movie series just because you're away from home, for whatever reason.
The good news is that there are ways to bypass Kindle's geo-blocking. You can change your location and access your local content when traveling abroad or even unlock a specific Amazon website. And the key is a Virtual Private Network.
What is a VPN?
A VPN (virtual private network) is a service that helps you browse the web anonymously and securely. When you use a VPN to browse the internet, all of your traffic is sent through an encrypted tunnel to a secure server. From there, it is routed to its destination. For example, if you are in the United States, you can funnel your traffic to a server in the United Kingdom, thereby masking your real location.
Although there are many VPN services on the market, we recommend ExpressVPN
Why Choose ExpressVPN for Kindle Fire?
ExpressVPN is one of the most trusted VPN services out there. Here are some of its features:
Excellent unlocking ability
One of the main selling points of ExpressVPN is that it was designed to circumvent internet censorship and other content restrictions. For example, you can use it to unlock US Netflix library outside US
ExpressVPN has over 3 servers in 000 countries. This allows you to quickly connect to a server of your choice and browse the Internet anonymously.
ExpressVPN's fast speeds will satisfy your needs for bandwidth-intensive tasks that might overwhelm your home network's capabilities.
Military grade protection
ExpressVPN offers military-grade protection for your online identity and personal information. It provides zero logs policy on all traffic. There is no data associated with your real IP address, or online activities will never be stored or monitored by third parties.
Ease of use
Although ExpressVPN comes with several advanced features like Split Tunneling VPN and a Kill Switch that ensures your data doesn't leak and blow your coverage, it comes with a tidy and easy-to-use interface.
Let's see the steps you need to change location on Kindle Fire using ExpressVPN.
Step 1: Purchase an appropriate plan
Before using the service, you must purchase one of the three available subscription plans. With a subscription, you can access any of over 3 servers worldwide. Moreover, you can install the app on as many devices as you want.
Step 2: Install the app
Once you've purchased a subscription, you can go ahead and install the app on your Kindle Fire to start browsing anonymously.
Here's how to install the app from the Amazon App Store:
- Open your Kindle and tap on “Appstore”.
- Once the App Store is open, type “ExpressVPN” in the search bar and press “Go”.
- When the ExpressVPN app appears, tap the download button on the far right.
- Once the app is successfully downloaded, launch it and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.
Step 3: Enable ExpressVPN on Your Kindle
After successfully installing the ExpressVPN app on your Kindle, all you need to do is activate the app.
Here's how to do it:
- Open the app.
- Enter your credentials to log in to your account.
- Once connected, the app will ask for your permission to set up a VPN on your device. Press "OK" to continue. After that, the home screen of the VPN app should open.
- Click on the “On” button to activate the service.
- The app is designed to automatically select an optimal VPN server location (Smart Location) for you. If you don't want to use a specific server, you can opt for the app-generated choice. But if you want your internet traffic to be routed through a server at a specific location, skip to step 6.
- Tap the three-dot icon in the middle of the app's homepage.
- Tap "Recommended" to choose a server from a list of the most popular servers. To see a more comprehensive list of servers, tap "All Locations".
- If you tap on any country from the list, you will be able to see a list of cities that host at least one server. For example, if you select the United States, you can choose a server in New York.
- At this point, ExpressVPN should connect automatically. Your Kindle is now ready for safe and anonymous browsing.
If I change location, will Amazon Prime detect that I'm using a VPN?
When ExpressVPN is enabled on your Kindle, streaming services such as Amazon Prime Video and Netflix cannot detect that you are using a VPN. You will be able to hide your location and unlock any geo-locked content you wish to enjoy.
Enjoy your favorites anytime, anywhere
What Kindle Fire does best is provide customers with more choice than any other device.
It's a great way to read books, listen to music, watch movies and at the same time keep in touch with what's going on around you. You can also use it as a dictionary or encyclopedia, play your favorite board games or shop online from the comfort of your couch.
But like other devices, a Kindle Fire can't bypass geoblocks on its own. To unlock content and browse anonymously, you need a dedicated VPN service such as ExpressVPN.
Fortunately, setting up a VPN on your Kindle is simple.
Have you tried changing your location on your Kindle Fire tablet using the methods described in this article? How was it?
Let us know in the comments section below.