Disclaimer: Certain pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This in no way affects our editorial staff.
If you are one of the few members of the exclusive Raya dating app, you will know that you can find potential matches all over the world. While this is great, maybe you only want to associate with people from a particular region.
Because Raya only lets you filter for age and gender and not location, this can be tricky. And it is only through the “Maps” tool that you can find and chat with people nearby. If you are looking for a way around this problem, this article may help you. We will see how to change your location on Raya in a few simple steps.
How to Change Your Location in Raya on an iPhone
The best way to change your location on your iPhone without physically being in that new geolocation is to use a virtual private network (VPN). By using a reputable VPN provider like ExpressVPN, you can use apps and browse content that you normally can't access from your current location. The following steps will show you how to use ExpressVPN to change your location to Raya on your iPhone:
Limited offer: 3 months FREE!
- Sign up for ExpressVPN
- Download ExpressVPN from the iPhone app store.
- Once downloaded, you will need to create an account and log in. A monthly subscription costs around $12,99.
- Once you have logged in, read the privacy agreement and, if you agree, click on the "Agree and continue" button.
- Click "Continue" to configure your VPN.
- ExpressVPN will ask you to add VPN configurations. Choose "Allow". This is a standard message for any VPN app installed on iOS devices. ExpressVPN will never filter or monitor your network activity.
- On the next page, enter your password to continue.
- Select your preferences for your ExpressVPN notifications, then tap "OK."
- A new page will ask if you want to help improve ExpressVPN; choose between "OK" or "No, thank you".
Your VPN is now configured. Now you need to set your location before connecting to Raya. Here's how you do it:
- Open ExpressVPN on your iPhone.
- On the "Home" screen that opens, tap the icon with the three dots next to the "Smart location" bar. The different locations you can choose from will appear in a menu.
- Select the location that best suits your needs by tapping on the “All Locations” tab.
- From there, select the continent, country, and state you want to set your location to. The "Home" screen should reappear automatically once you have made your selection.
- Press the big "Connect" button on the screen. Once connected, the red ring around the button will turn green. Your IP address location is now set to the location you chose.
- Launch Raya on your iPhone. You will now view your new location.
If you go to the "Maps" tab, you can search for people near you to connect with for the new geolocation you have chosen.
To change your location to another location, log out of Raya, reopen ExpressVPN, and follow steps two through five. If you want to completely disconnect the VPN, open ExpressVPN and press the "Connect" button. This button will turn gray and indicate that it is disconnecting.
Limited offer: 3 months FREE!
How to change location in Raya on an Android
Since Raya is only intended for use on iOS devices, chances are you'll be running the app as an APK file on your Android device. You can use a VPN while using these apps to change your location. We suggest using ExpressVPN to change your location to Raya on your Android device. First, you will need to download and configure your VPN:
- First, sign up for ExpressVPN
- Go to the Google Play Store, search for ExpressVPN, download and install it. The app is only compatible with Android 5.0 and is free to download. To use the VPN, you will need to subscribe to a monthly subscription of $12,99.
- Once the application is installed, you must create an account and log in.
- On the next page, when asked if you'd like to help improve ExpressVPN, choose "OK" or "No, thanks."
- To configure your VPN, press “OK”. A pop-up will ask you for permission to approve ExpressVPN's connection request. Click OK. This message is standard for adding a VPN to an Android device, and ExpressVPN will never filter or monitor your network activity.
The VPN on your Android device is now configured.
Once your VPN is set up, you must select your new location and activate your VPN before using Raya. Here are the steps you need to follow:
Limited offer: 3 months FREE!
- Open your Android device and launch the ExpressVPN app.
- Access the "Smart Location" bar on the app's home screen. Next to this bar is an icon with three dots; Click on it.
- In the “Locations” menu, click on the “All Locations” tab. From there, choose your continent, country, and then your state. Once you have made your selection, the application returns to the “Home” screen.
- If it did not start the connection automatically, press the "Connect" button. Once connected, the ring around the button will change from red to green and indicate "Connected".
- Return to your Android device's "Home" screen and locate your "Raya" app.
- Launch the app and you will now be logged in using your new location. You can also head to the "Maps" option and see people near you for this new location.
If you want to change the location on your VPN, log out and close the Raya app first. Then reopen ExpressVPN and follow steps two through four again before connecting to Raya again.
If you want to disable the VPN, open the ExpressVPN app and click the "Connect" button to disconnect from the VPN.
Location change complete!
Changing your location on Raya might be a little harder than you think. But, using the steps in this article and using ExpressVPN, you can change your geolocation in just a few minutes.
All you need to worry about now is whether to swipe left or right!
Have you changed the location on Raya on your iPhone or Android device? Did you use a method similar to those provided in this guide? If you used a different method, or if you used a different method, let us know in the comments section below.