In a society where everyone is busy at work, it can be difficult to keep in touch with all your friends and loved ones at the same time. GroupMe is a network that allows you to communicate and stay in touch with all your friends, family and colleagues in one place. You can create a group chat and add participants where everyone can read a message.
Everyone in a group chat can see your display name. On top of that, Group Chats also allow GroupMe users to set their own unique nickname, which can vary from chat to chat – cool, right? But what if you've just started using GroupMe and aren't familiar with the app's features?
Don't worry because we have what you need! We have collected the easiest steps to change your name and edit your nickname on the GroupMe app.
How to Change Your Name in the GroupMe App on an iPhone
GroupMe works slightly differently depending on the device you're using. To change your name in the GroupMe app on an IOS, you must:
- Open the GroupMe app on your iOS.
- Tap the "Navigation" bar or three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the screen. If you have an iPad, select the chat button at the top of the screen.
- At the top left, tap your profile picture. This will take you to a new page with your profile information.
- Once you are in the profile information, tap on the “Name” field. Below your profile picture, this section displays your current name. You can change your name by tapping on it.
- Now you can edit your name and enter whatever you want.
- Hit the blue "Done" button at the bottom right of the screen and you're good to go.
How to change your nickname on iPhone
Changing your nickname while using an iPhone running GroupMe is quite simple. Go to the chat where you want to change your nickname then:
- Tap the conversation title in the top right of the screen.
- Select the "Settings" tab.
- Click on “Edit your profile”.
- Enter your new name after pressing "Nickname".
- Don't forget to press "Done".
- Click on “Save”.
How to Change Your Name in the GroupMe App on an Android Device
Changing your name in the GroupMe app on Android is similar to an iOS device with slight modifications. Follow the steps below to change your name on Android in GroupMe:
- Open the GroupMe app on your Android.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the screen, called the "Navigation" bar.
- Click on your name under your avatar.
- You will see a blue "Edit" icon in the middle right of the screen. Click on it.
- Just below your avatar, click your name.
- Edit it or delete it to write a new one, and you're done.
How to change your nickname on an Android device
GroupMe on Android has a different layout than iOS devices. If you want to change your GroupMe nickname on an Android, follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to the conversation whose nickname you want to change.
- Select the group avatar.
- Select the "Settings" button.
- Click on the “Edit your profile” button.
- Tap the area and enter your new name in "Edit Nickname".
- Don't forget to select "Save. "
How to Change Your Name in GroupMe on a PC
Changing your name in the GroupMe app on a PC is easier than you think. Here's what you need to do:
- Open the GroupMe app on your PC.
- Tap the "Navigation" bar in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click on your name and avatar.
- Select the pencil icon just above your avatar.
- Under your avatar, type your name or edit the current name and press "Enter".
How to change your nickname on a PC
Talking to your friends using GroupMe on PC can let you change your chat nickname in a few quick steps. You have to:
- Click the conversation title at the top of the page.
- Click on the conversation in which you want to change the nickname.
- Select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
- Make changes to your nickname by clicking "Edit."«
- In the Nickname box, enter your new name.
- Check the box next to the « Done” and “Enter”.
Will it notify other users when I change my name in GroupMe?
Yes, GroupMe notifies each contact of your name change. You will be notified whenever your avatar changes or someone sends you a single emoji in a text. You will be alerted whenever someone accesses the GroupMe app.
Can I change my name in a single group in GroupMe?
Yes, the GroupMe site comes with an interesting “nicknames” option. These nicknames are separate from your real names and you can change or modify them at any time. You can set individual aliases for each chat and group and change them at any time.
Express yourself with an awesome nickname
Your display name is the first point of information someone else sees on a messaging app. You may want to be formal or informal, depending on the group. If you're connected to your co-workers, you might want to keep things formal, but connecting with your closest friends might call for a cooler display name. One day you like to be called "Harald Arkinshield" and another day you want to be called "Dr. Harald, MD." – GroupMe allows you to change your name at any time.
Nicknames add a unique touch to a conversation. They are also great icebreakers as they can also be insightful conversation starters. For each chat on the GroupMe platform, you can choose a nickname as fun as “Cornets” or something cuter like “Sparkles” – setting a different nickname for different chats is one of the highlights of the platform. GroupMe form.
How often do you change your name on GroupMe? What cool nicknames have you come up with? Let us know in the comments section below.