Pokemon Sword and Shield players can earn free Trainer Uniforms for defeating Gym Leaders or purchase new outfits from the Clothing Store. The tricky part is figuring out where to change the outfit, as this mechanic isn't available in the main menu. If you're wondering how to show off your new outfit in-game, we're here to help.
This guide will tell you how to change your uniform and battle uniform number in Pokemon Sword. Plus, we'll answer some of the most common questions related to the new outfits. Read on to add some personality to your look.
How to change uniform
You can choose a new uniform in Pokemon Sword and Shield from any of the in-game clothing stores. Keep in mind that the new uniform will be displayed everywhere outside of gym battles. During gym fights, your character will wear a standard white uniform. Follow the steps below to change your outfit in-game:
- Head to any clothing store in the game and go to the changing rooms.
- Navigate the menu at the top to choose your new uniform. You can fully customize your look by selecting many tops, jackets, pants, socks and other items. Alternatively, you can choose one of the ready-made uniforms.
- Confirm your selection by selecting “Place”. Select "Check Appearance" if you want to see what you look like without changing your uniform.
Pokemon Sword How to change uniform for gym fights?
One of Pokemon Sword and Shield's weirdest limitations is the inability to change trainer uniforms during gym battles. You can unlock new uniforms when you defeat Gym Leaders, and you can wear them everywhere except in Gym Battles. It seems counterintuitive, but you can at least choose your name and number from the back of your white coach t-shirt.
You will be prompted to select the number of your choice before entering the Gym Challenge at Motostoke for the first time. Choose your number wisely as you cannot change it later in the game.
Note: Your hat will also disappear during indoor battles. However, you can leave your glasses on before starting the match.
How to change uniform numbers
Pokemon Sword and Shield players can choose their trainer uniform number the first time they start the Gym Challenge. Simply enter the desired uniform number when prompted. Choose the number wisely, as you cannot change it later in the game. Additionally, you can choose your haircut, eye color, and makeup.
How to Change Bike Uniforms
In the Isle of Armor expansion, Pokemon Sword and Shield players can change the appearance of their bikes and characters. Here's how:
- During the game, head to the dojo in the Fields of Honor area.
- Talk to a Bike Lady standing next to the Dojo.
- Select "Yes, customize my bike" when prompted.
- Choose between two bike colors, a sparkling white and a shimmering black. Highlight it and press the "A" button to confirm. Your bike uniform will automatically change to match the new bike color – purple and white outfits for white bikes and purple and black outfits for black bikes.
Alternatively, you can only change your bike outfit without changing the color of your bike. Follow the steps below:
- In the game, head to the Bike Lady standing next to the Doo in the Fields of Honor area.
- Select "I want to change my outfit" when prompted.
- Choose the preferred outfit color and press "A" to confirm.
Can you change your Challenger uniform?
You cannot change your trainer uniform in Pokemon Sword and Shield Gym Challenge mode. We don't know why such a weird limitation, but players can only wear white challenger uniforms. However, you can choose your uniform number before the start of your first match. Keep in mind that you cannot change it later.
How to get new outfits in Pokemon Sword?
There are several ways to get new uniforms in the game.
The first is to fight in Gym Challenges. You will get a new free uniform each time you defeat a gym leader. However, you can't choose which uniform you want to get.
If you want to customize your appearance, head to the in-game clothing store. You can purchase a new outfit for 18 watts.
Personalize your look
Now that you know how to change outfits in Pokemon Sword, you can proudly show off your earned uniforms to other players. Not being able to choose a different uniform in Gym Battles is frustrating. So hopefully the devs listen to the community and eventually let us change the look of the trainer with the new updates.
In your opinion, what is the reason for the limitation of changing outfits in indoor battles? Share your speculations in the comments section below.