Crunchyroll has become the go-to streaming service for most anime and manga fans, though it also features drama, music, and even racing. Niche content is indeed excellent. However, there are challenges when it comes to account management. The username is fixed and there is no easy way to change it.
But there is no reason to worry. This article explains how to update your Crunchyroll username. Keep in mind that this may take several steps.
How to change your username in Crunchyroll
You cannot change your Crunchyroll username directly. What you can do is cancel your subscription, delete the account and rebuild everything.
Depending on your payment method, there are several methods to cancel your subscriptions.
Crunchyroll Premium membership is canceled through your iTunes account.
- Launch the Settings app, then tap your username.
- Select Subscriptions and tap Crunchyroll.
- Choose Cancel subscription and confirm.
- Go to Activity in your PayPal account. Navigate to the latest Crunchyroll load, select it.
- Click or tap "Manage Crunchyroll Payments".
- Billing details will display with a Status option.
- Click Cancel.
- Choose Yes to confirm and you are done.
Advice: Go back to Billing Details to confirm that the payment status is Cancelled.
Press the Home button on your remote and access Subscriptions using one of two options.
- Choose Home and go to Crunchyroll.
- Press the Asterisk button on the remote.
- Go to Streaming Channels and find Crunchyroll.
- Once highlighted, press OK.
Since you need to create a new account, it is best to remove Crunchyroll from Roku immediately.
- Go to your account page on Crunchyroll (log in if necessary).
- Select Account Billing and you will see the Cancel button.
- Click or tap the button and confirm your choice.
Important note: If there's no undo button, you probably subscribed through a third-party service.
- Sign in to your Google Play account and select My Subscriptions on the left.
- Choose Crunchyroll, then select Manage.
- On the Manage menu, click Cancel Subscription.
- Select Yes in the pop-up window to confirm.
- Open your browser and navigate to crunchyroll.com/nuke.
- You will see a poll window asking you why you are deleting the account.
- Select one and type your explanation in “Explain more below” as needed.
- Enter your account password in the field provided.
- Click Deactivate Now and select OK to confirm.
Notes: This permanently deletes all of your streaming service user data and preferences.
- After deleting the old account, go to the Crunchyroll registration page from your browser.
- Enter your credentials and deselect Crunchyroll updates.
- Sign up for the 14-day trial with your preferred subscription model and add a payment method.
Pro tip: You have already unsubscribed and deleted your old account. But Crunchyroll can still remember your IP address and prevent you from signing up for a free trial account. To avoid this, it is better to use a different IP address or spoof it with a VPN.
There are two ways to get special offers and enjoy Crunchyroll Premium with special benefits.
After registering, you have access to the forums. There is a vibrant community with a special forum section that offers Premium Timed Passes and more.
These appear from time to time. You can also ask other users to direct you to a promotional offer.
A handful of top manga and anime groups on Facebook might have an active partnership with Crunchyroll. They offer prizes, usually timed access to Crunchyroll Premium, if you like, follow or comment on their page.
In addition to Facebook, you can also find them on Twitter. Find a group you like, turn on group notifications, and wait for promotional offers.
Naturally, your current Crunchyroll username might not be perfect. But do you really need to bother deleting your account and setting it up again?
Of course, you will get another 14-day trial period. But you will lose your data and easy access to your favorite shows.
Your last resort may be to contact Crunchyroll customer service and implore them to allow you to change the username.
So how did it go? Did you manage to change your Crunchyroll username? Did you contact customer service and what did they say?
Share your experience with the Alphar community in the comments below.