Continuing Watching on Funimation is a useful option when you return to a show you were watching on the streaming platform and want to continue watching where you left off.
But if you don't want to continue watching, or want to binge an entire season from the start, then Continuing Watch is a nuisance. Why?
Well, with Funimation, to see a show from the beginning, you'll have to go all the way back. Currently, Funimation does not give you the option to simply start over. But that doesn't mean you can't clear Continue Watching.
This article explores proven ways to do just that with some handy tips along the way.
How to Clear Continue Watching
At first glance, it might seem difficult to clear Continue Watching on Funimation. There isn't a button or option that allows you to remove Continue Watching throughout your account or on a particular series.
But that doesn't mean it's impossible to do. Here is how to perform the action if you are a PC and Android user.
- Open the anime you watched on Funimation through a browser.
- Launch the Funimation app on an Android device.
- Click Version, then select Uncut from Browser and Application.
- In the Android app, open an episode you've already watched but don't want to continue.
- Press the progress bar and move it to the start.
- Let the show play for a few seconds, then exit the episode.
- You will see that the purple progress bar is now clear.
- The software will play the episode from the beginning when you access it again.
The same method works from the browser. But it may take a few minutes of reading to clear the purple progress bar after moving it to the start of an episode. Or you may need to watch or fast forward to the end of an episode to clear Continue Watching.
The advantage of the Funimation app for Android is that you only need to do this on one episode per season. Then the rest of this season's episodes automatically follow suit. As soon as you press play, you return to the start of an episode and the purple progress bar clears.
When you refresh Funimation in a browser, the changes take effect and the Continue Watching setting is cleared there as well. Please note that this only applies if you access the application from the same account.
When you turn off Continue Watching as described above, you can binge an entire season without having to rewind anything or skim through the credits.
Additionally, installing the BlueStacks Android Emulator allows you to access and use the mobile version of Funimation on your PC or Mac. This is a good option because the app works easier and faster than in a browser.
Erase Continue Watching on Apple Devices
Since everything happens within the Funimation app itself, the steps are the same as with PC and Android users. But it won't hurt to track them down.
- Launch Funimation from Safari on any other browser.
- Access the app from your iPhone or iPad.
- Access an episode of a series you watched via the mobile app.
- Tap on the reading progress bar and drag it to the beginning.
- Let the playback run for a few seconds, then exit the episode.
- The action is expected to clear Continue Watching for the entire season.
- Refresh the browser to see if the changes have taken effect.
If the above methods do not work, you can try one of the following methods.
Alternative #1 – Move forward
- Open a season of an anime and select the latest episode.
- Advance to the end of the episode, let it play to the end, then exit.
This action should clear Continue Watching for the entire season. The method works on mobile and browser versions of streaming services and on different devices.
Alternative #2 – Clear History
Clearing Funimation history is probably the fastest way to delete Continue Watching. But keep in mind that this will erase the history of all episodes you have watched in the app. In other words, you will lose progress on episodes that you may want to continue watching.
- Launch Funimation and go to the queue.
- Click or tap History, then click or tap Clear History.
The software may ask you to confirm your action. Once done, it will then clear all progress bars.
It's easy but doesn't really provide the best user experience. Some people like to quickly preview shows to choose the one they like, but it quickly fills up the viewing history.
Ideally, Funimation will include a button or option in the future to remove Continue Watching on specific episodes.
Can you skip the intros on Funimation?
No you can not. As of this writing, the streaming service doesn't allow you to skip the intro credits. The only way to do this is to move too quickly through the content.
Can you filter content by language?
No, you can't, and that's a downside because a lot of people don't speak Japanese. Thus, filtering by dubbing or subtitles would be an option that would significantly improve the user experience.
Keep watching… No!
Ultimately, you have to resort to small hacks to erase Continue Watching on Funimation. But that certainly doesn't diminish the anime quality of this streaming service.
Additionally, Funimation recently became part of Crunchyroll, so it's safe to assume that the software will improve with future updates.
What's your favorite anime on Funimation? Have you tried other anime streaming apps?
Tell us more in the comments below.