If you're new to TikTok, you might not know how to create a poll.
A poll lets you ask your subscribers a question, which they can answer by selecting one of the two answers you provided. These polls increase user interaction and allow you to gauge how your subscribers are reacting to your content.
Fortunately, adding a poll to your TikTok videos is relatively simple. With the simple steps in this guide, we'll show you how to do it and how to view the results.
How to Create Poll in TikTok on iPhone App
When adding a poll in TikTok, the setup is slightly different from other platforms like Instagram. For example, Instagram Stories' creation mode lets you find features like polls in one place. In contrast, TikTok requires you to upload a video first before the poll feature is available.
If you've never used this feature and have an iPhone, here's how:
- Open the TikTok app on your iPhone.
- Click the icon at the bottom of the screen that lets you create a new video (the white plus sign in a black rectangle with blue and pink borders.)
- Create your video or upload one from your gallery. When you have the video you want to use, tap “Next”.
- The edit screen will open. Navigate to the bottom of the screen and tap on the "Stickers" icon (the smiley face.) From the "Stickers" menu that opens, choose the "Survey" option.
- Now type the question you want to ask on your poll. Follow this by typing the answers that users can choose from. For example, "Yes" or "No" or even "Sometimes" or "Never".
- When you are satisfied with your survey, select "Done" in the upper right corner of the screen. Then press "Next" at the bottom right of the screen. Now add your caption and tags to the video.
- Click "Publish" at the bottom right of the screen to publish your video and poll to TikTok.
How to Create Poll in TikTok on Android App
Adding a poll to TikTok on your Android device is quick and easy to do. Just follow these steps:
- Go to the TikTok app on your Android device and tap to open it.
- Once the app is open, locate the plus sign icon at the bottom center of the screen and tap it to create or upload a new video.
- When you are satisfied with the video, choose "Next". An editing screen will open and at the bottom of this screen you will find the option to add 'stickers'. Tap this icon (indicated by a smiley face).
- From the sticker menu, choose the “Polls” sticker. A prompt will appear – type in the question you want to ask, followed by the answers in the two blocks below.
- Click "Done" in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Add more effects or music, then tap "Next" at the bottom right of the screen.
- Insert your caption and any tags you want to use before hitting "Publish" at the bottom right of the screen. Your video will then be published on TikTok.
How to Create a Poll in TikTok on PC
Creating a poll on TikTok is a bit more complicated. The platform is designed to be used on iPhone and Android and is not yet supported on PC. So while you can use the TikTok web on your PC, it won't let you use many of the in-app features.
However, there is a way around this using a program like BlueStacks. BlueStacks is an emulator that will allow you to access the mobile version of TikTok on your PC and use all the features as usual. Here's what you need to do:
- Download and install BlueStacks on your PC. Open BlueStacks and head to the “Home” screen. Locate the "Game Center" tab and click on it. Under "Recommended", choose the Google Play Store.
- Sign in to Google Play, then download and install TikTok.
- Go back to your BlueStacks library and locate the TikTok app. Open the TikTok app and sign in. You will now be able to use it the same way you would on your mobile device.
- To upload and edit your videos on TikTok using BlueStacks, you need to upload them to Bluestacks first before adding them to TikTok. Go to your BlueStacks “Home” screen. Locate the "Library" and select it. Then choose “System apps” followed by “Media manager”.
- Click "Import from Windows or Mac", depending on which PC you have. You will find this tab in the lower left corner of the window. Select the video you want and download it.
- Go back to your TikTok app on Bluestacks. Select the plus sign icon at the bottom center of the screen. Click "Upload" and choose the video you just added to BlueStacks.
- Choose "Next" and the editing screen will open. At the bottom of the screen, locate the smiley face icon that will open your "Stickers" page, and click on it.
- Select the sticker named “Polls”. Type your question and the two answer options you want to give your subscribers.
- Click "Done" in the upper right corner of the screen. Add more effects or music, then choose "Next" at the bottom right of the page. Here you can add your tags and the caption you want to include in your video.
- Click "Publish" to publish your video on TikTok.
How do I view my TikTok poll results?
After posting your video with a poll on TikTok, you can see how your followers voted. Here's how to see what votes were cast and by whom:
1. Open your TikTok app.
2. Next, navigate to the video with the poll and tap on it.
3. Click on "Survey Sticker". An option to “Show Poll Results” will appear. Tap this option.
4. A screen will appear showing how many votes each answer received and who voted for each answer.
Adding a poll to your TikTok video is relatively easy once you know what steps to take. Although creating a poll in TikTok on your PC is a little trickier, the steps in this guide should make the process a little less difficult. Try it a few times and you'll soon be creating polls with your eyes closed.
The only thing you will need to worry about is what video content to create next!
Have you ever created a TikTok video with a poll sticker? Did you use a method similar to those described in this guide? Let us know in the comments section below.