In this current era of technology, there are always new apps to try and one of the newest is the Cash app. It's a way to transfer money to friends and family, much like Venmo. With just a few clicks on your phone or computer, you can help a family member or friend get out of a financial jam.
However, Cash app is not like any other apps which you can delete with just one click. Since this app is connected to your bank account, there are a few more steps you need to take before deleting it from your phone or computer.
How to Delete Your Cash App Account from an iPhone
You may have found a new and better app to store your money, or you just don't like Cash App and want to delete it permanently. Anyway, in few simple steps you can remove Cash App. Here's how.
- Open your Cash app on your iPhone device (it's the little app with the green dollar icon).
- If you have money in your account, click on the house icon, which represents the bank.
- In the lower left corner, you will see a “Cash Out” icon. Click on it to automatically transfer your money to your account.
- If you have bitcoins, sell them before deleting your account.
- Next, tap the silhouette of a person in a circle in the upper right corner. This represents your account.
- Tap "Support".
- Tap on the “Something else” option.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select "Account Settings".
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu and click on "Close my cash account".
- Click "Confirm" if you are sure you want to delete your account.
- An email will be sent to you asking you to confirm that you wish to delete your account. Make sure you receive this email before uninstalling your app from your iPhone.
- After confirming, press and hold the app icon for a few seconds. A menu will appear where you can tap on the “Uninstall” option.
How to delete your Cash App account from an Android device
Since smartphones these days all have the same options, deleting the Cash app on an Android device is somewhat similar to how it is done on an iPhone. So, you can follow the above steps for iPhone to remove Cash app on Android.
Here are some additional tips you should know before attempting to permanently delete your account.
- Don't just delete the app. It might seem easy to just uninstall an app, but that would only mean that you deleted it from your phone. All your banking information will be saved to your still active account. If you want to securely delete your account, you will need to follow the steps above.
- Make sure you have no money left on the app. If you do and delete your account, that money will just disappear. Follow the step by step instructions on how to withdraw your money from your account. Do this before deleting the account.
- Deleting your account on the Cash app only takes about 5 minutes, so make sure to follow the steps as carefully as possible to avoid any mistakes.
How to delete your Cash App account from a PC
It can be quite intimidating working with an app that stores all your money, but there are simple steps you can always take to make sure you're taking care of your money. Deleting your account on the Cash app on a PC is as easy as on your smartphone. Here are the simple steps you need to follow:
- Open your internet browser and log in to your Cash App account.
- Make sure you have "collected" all your money before deleting your account.
- Find the “Settings” menu and left-click on it.
- Choose "Profile" or the "Personal" option.
- If you scroll down, you will find an option "Delete" or "Disable account". Click on it.
- You will now need to enter the reason for deleting your account.
- Click the "Confirm" button to complete the process.
After following all these steps, you can use the same email address, phone number and bank account to create a new account. However, your payment history from your old account will not be restored.
Cash out safely
Information is essential when storing your money in an online account. As we have shown, deleting your Cash App account can be a simple and stress-free process. Follow our steps carefully and you will avoid the risk of losing your hard-earned money due to a mistake.
Do you store money on Cash App? Did you use any of the steps above to close your account? How was it? Let us know in the comments below.