Zoom is a great tool for chatting with your friends and family. But maybe now you need to use this app for work and the profile picture you have is no longer appropriate. Or maybe Zoom gave you a profile picture from your Google Account that you don't really like. The best way to work around this problem is to completely delete your image.
If you're looking for instructions on how to remove your Zoom profile picture, you've come to the right place. In this article, we show you step by step how to do it on different devices.
How to Delete a Zoom Profile Picture on an iPad
If you use Zoom on your iPad, you'll probably use the Zoom app. Unfortunately, the Zoom app has no way to let you delete your profile picture on the app interface. Instead, you'll need to log into the Zoom website and delete your profile picture there. Here's how to go about it:
- Open the internet browser on your iPad and navigate to https://zoom.us/
- Log in to your Zoom account. Once logged in, scroll to the bottom of the home screen.
- Here you will find different menus. In the menu listed as "Support", you will find an option called "Account". Press it.
- On the “Account Profile” page, you will see a bar with “Account Profile” and a downward pointing arrow. Press this arrow to expand the menu.
- Select "Profile" from the menu.
- On the new page that opens, you will see a thumbnail of your profile picture. Below there are two options. Tap the one that says "Delete."
Your profile picture is now deleted. If you log out of the Zoom webpage and log into your Zoom app on your iPad, no profile picture will show up.
How to Delete a Zoom Profile Picture on an iPhone
Using Zoom on your iPhone is pretty much the same as using it on your iPad. iOS devices use the Zoom app downloaded from the App Store. As mentioned earlier, the Zoom app does not offer the option to delete your profile picture. But, there is a way around this:
- Open the web browser on your iPhone and navigate to https://zoom.us/. Once on the page, log in to your Zoom account.
- Swipe to the very bottom of the home screen and look for a menu labeled "Support". Under this menu is the “Account” option, tap on it.
- You will see an "Account Profile" bar with a drop-down arrow on the page that opens. Press the arrow.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Profile”.
- Below the thumbnail of your profile picture that appears is the option "Delete". Press it.
Your profile picture will now show as blank. If you sign out of Zoom on your browser and open the Zoom app on your phone, you will see that the image is deleted there as well.
How to Delete Zoom Profile Picture on Android Phone
Just like an iOS device, an Android device uses the Zoom app, downloaded from the Google Play Store. As with the iOS version, the Android Zoom app does not allow you to delete your profile picture. You can modify it but not delete it. Fortunately, there is always a way to delete the image. Here's how to do it:
- Launch the web browser on your phone and navigate to https://zoom.us/. Log in to your Zoom account.
- Scroll to the bottom of the home screen and look for a menu called "Support". Tap on the “Account” option listed in this menu.
- On the page that opens, find the "Account Profile" bar and tap the down-pointing arrow next to it. From the menu that appears, choose “Profile”.
- Select the “Remove” option provided under your current profile picture thumbnail.
Your profile picture is now removed from your account. The online version of Zoom and your Zoom app will now display a blank placeholder instead of a profile picture.
How to Delete Zoom Profile Picture on PC
Removing a Zoom profile picture from your PC is a little easier. Here's how:
- Launch the web browser and head to https://zoom.us/. Log in to your Zoom account.
- On the home screen that opens, scroll to the bottom of the page. Here you will see various menus on a dark banner. In the “Support” menu, you will find “Account”. Click on it.
- The “Account Profile” page will open. At the top left of the page is a menu of options. Click on “Profile”.
- On the "Profile" page, you will see a thumbnail of your profile picture. Below the image, you have two options. Click on the one labeled “Delete”.
- A confirmation pop-up will ask if you want to remove your profile picture. Confirm your choice by clicking "Yes".
Your profile picture will now display as a blank image.
Why is a profile picture still showing even though I deleted it?
If you sign in to Zoom using your Google account, you may encounter this issue. This is because zoom automatically assigns one of your saved images from your Google account as your profile picture. There are several ways around this.
Your Google Account profile picture is also linked to Zoom. If you empty your Google profile picture, your Zoom profile picture will also be empty. This may cause Zoom to select another photo from your Google Account. In this case, you can delete all your photos from your Google account.
While both of these options work, not everyone wants to delete their Google Account pictures and profile pictures. We suggest you use the third option, which is to save a blank image as your profile picture on your Zoom account. Here's how to go about it:
1. Find a generic profile picture on Google. It could even be a plain white JPEG. Save it to your device.
2. Next, in your web browser, navigate to zoom.us/profile and sign in to your Zoom account. Your profile page will then open.
3. Under your existing profile picture, choose the "Change" option.
4. Select your generic profile picture saved in your device memory.
5. Once the image has been downloaded, select "Save".
Your Zoom profile picture will now be set as a generic image until you choose to change it again. This method works for all devices. It's important to keep in mind that Zoom only lets you upload images under 2MB and they must be in JPEG, PNG, or GIF format.
Profile picture removed
Deleting your profile picture on Zoom is relatively simple once you know the steps. The simple instructions provided in this guide will allow you to delete your image without hassle. Now you can chat with colleagues or clients without having an unprofessional profile picture.
Have you ever deleted your Zoom profile picture on any of these devices? Did you use a method similar to those in this guide or did you do it in a different way? Let us know in the comments section below.