Amazon Prime Video is continually improving its service, providing new features and products to enhance the experience. You can watch your favorite shows or movies on a Chromecast, Fire TV Stick, PC, tablet or smartphone. Although you can add profiles (on some devices) to your account so that each member of the household has their own "personalized" section, others can still use yours and view your history and watchlist. This scenario is caused by using a single account for multiple profiles.
This article shows you how to delete videos and data from your watch next section, Watchlist heading, and your the story. It doesn't matter if you're trying to hide how much America's Next Top Model you've watched or are looking to remove shows your friends and family have seen on the account. You'll learn how to delete items from your Amazon Prime Video viewing history and your Watch more section on the main page. Here's how.
Removing Next to Watch Items from Amazon Prime Video
The watch next category found on the "Home" page and within each category in a browser will display a gallery of carousel-style thumbnails of your recently watched unfinished movies and episodes/seasons. This section is located in the top half of the page, surrounded by other slide-out carousels for premium movies, free movies, TV, and more. Anyone using the account can easily see your watched items and even add them to the list as they use your account.
Luckily, it's very easy to remove videos from the "Watch Next" section of the website or app.
Remove the following Amazon Prime Watch from a Windows 10 browser or app
- Open the Windows 10 Prime Video app and skip to step 2, or go to your Amazon Prime Account in a browser, then click the Watch on amazon button to see your Prime Home page. You can also go directly to amazon.com, but that gets you where you need it faster.
- In the watch next heading, click on the blue Edit link at the top right of the sliding carousel.
- A big circle X will appear in the center of each thumbnail in the sliding carousel. Click it X on each title you want to remove, then click Completed top right.
The watch next section on your homepage and all Categories the pages will no longer show the titles you just deleted.
Of course, if you happen to watch a show in the future, it will reappear on the list. There is nothing to worry about because you can remove it again by following the steps above.
Removing Prime Video watchlist items from Windows 10 browser or app
You can also delete Watchlist items using the same procedures above, except you click the My stuff tab instead of Home tongue. Hovering over an item displays a delete icon that looks like a notepad with a check mark.
Delete the following items from Amazon Prime Watch from Android or iOS app
- Launch the Prime Video app from your iOS or Android device.
- In the watch next section, press and hold the items you want to remove from the list.
- From the context menu, select Remove from the list for Android or Not interested for iOS.
Remove Amazon Prime Watchlist Items in Android or iOS App
Delete the Watchlist Android or iOS Prime Video app items use the same process as above to remove watch next elements, except that you access My Stuff > Watchlist and click on the vertical ellipsis icon (3 dots) and select Remove from watch list.
Remove Amazon Prime Continue Watching Items on a Roku Device
- On the Prime Video app home page, scroll to the item you want to remove under the Keep watching heading and click on the * button on your Roku remote to display the quick menu.
- Now scroll up and select Remove from the list from the list of options.
As with most other devices, it's just as easy on a Roku device to remove a show or movie from your watchlist.
Deleting Amazon Prime Video Viewing History
Prime uses your history to make recommendations and personalize your experience. If other people use your account, their activities are also stored. Your previous views are not used for a specific category, especially since Prime has no history section in the interface-only the watch next section that keeps partially watched content like TV show seasons, movies and documentaries.
Deleting your viewing history in Amazon Prime Video still preserves it in case you want to undo the deletions later. Amazon still has access to the information for future use if you decide to undo your actions and continue to personalize your selections and improve your experience.
Whatever your reason for wanting to delete Amazon Prime history, here's how to do it from the Windows 10, iOS, and Android apps, and on the website.
Deleting Amazon Prime Video History in iOS, Android and Windows 10 Browser or Apps
History is different from the “Watch Next” category. The process for deleting watched Primed Video titles is the same whether you're accessing them from the iOS, Android, or Windows 10 app, or using a browser. In fact, your Prime Video history can only be deleted through your account in a browser, but you can also access this option through the apps.
Delete Amazon Prime History in Windows 10 App
- In the Windows 10 app, click the gear icon in the lower left corner to open Account settings. For browsers, skip to step 3.
- While in the Account settings menu, click My Account to open the website.
- The web page (to access your account) is the only way to edit your history. Under Account and settings, click it Activity tongue.
- Click on View watch history.
- To delete some history items, click Hide it. The video will disappear from the list.
Note that you are not completely deleting your history, but hiding it. Amazon always has a record of what you watched. At least it hides it from others or helps narrow down your list. You can undo deletions by clicking Hidden videos under Watch history shown in step 4 above.
Delete Amazon Video History from Android and iOS
The Amazon Prime app for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets offers no way to delete your history and does not redirect you to a browser via any options.
However, you can delete your search history.
- Open the Prime Video app on your iOS or Android device, then tap My stuff in the lower right section.
- Tap the gear icon in the top right section to launch Prime Video settings.
- Select Clear video search history.
Deleting Amazon Video History from a Browser
- Go to the Amazon Prime Video website and log into your account. Click the small gear icon in the upper right corner of the page and select Parameters in the drop-down menu.
- Log in again if prompted, then click Watch the story.
- Select Delete Movie/Episode from Watching History
The video will quickly disappear from the page and you will see a message confirming its deletion from your viewing history.
Deleting the Amazon Prime Video history from the website also deletes the items from the Watch more list on the main page, therefore, taking care of both areas at once.
If you still want to keep watched videos in your history for future reference, you can follow the first set of steps in this article to remove items from your Watch more listing. This process removes videos and shows from your "Watch Next" section while preserving them in your history for future reference. One last thing to note is that deleted shows and movies can still be reinserted in both areas if the same video is watched again, such as a TV series, or if you choose to restore your deletions.
Why delete videos from my history on Prime Video?
You might have partially watched a TV show or movie, or maybe you have too much data in that sector. You may also want to remove specific videos that affect how Amazon personalizes your experience. Either way, the main reason may be to prevent other profile users from seeing what you watched or want to watch.
Why remove upcoming articles in Amazon Prime Video?
In theory, the watch next category is here for your convenience. It lets you continue watching your shows and movies right where you left off with just a few clicks.
Without the watch next section, you will need to search for the show manually, select the season from the drop-down menu, then scroll down the page to find the next episode.
watch next articles help you quickly find something to enjoy that has more to offer. However, other people using the same account can just as easily see what you've watched, and you can also see what other people have watched on your account, which can get annoying or affect your privacy.
Delete your Prime Video history
To delete your Amazon Prime Video history or watchlist, just click a few buttons and keys. Whether you're tidying up your content or deleting a show you don't like, now you can do it on any device.
Why did you remove content? How often do you clear your watchlist and history? Let us know below.