Google's trending searches are a great way to stay on top of what people are interested in at any given time. However, this feature can sometimes interfere with your actual search goals. In these cases, you may want to disable trending searches, and we're here to help.
In this guide, we'll cover how to disable Google trending searches through a mobile browser, Google app, or on a PC. We will also explain how to disable personalized and related search results. Plus, we'll answer the most common questions related to using Google Search.
How to Disable Trending Searches in Chrome on Android Device
To disable Google trending searches through a mobile browser on an Android device, follow these steps:
- Open your usual mobile browser.
- Type "google.com" in the site address line and press the magnifying glass icon on your keyboard.
- Tap the three-line icon in the upper left corner to access the menu.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Scroll down until you find the option “Autocomplete with trending searches”.
- Tap "Do not show popular searches".
How to Disable Trending Searches oHow to Disable Trending Searches in Chrome on iPhone
Follow the instructions below to disable Google trending searches on your iPhone:
- In your mobile browser, go to “google.com”.
- Tap the three-stripe icon located in the upper left corner of your screen to open the menu.
- Choose "Settings".
- Scroll down and find the “Autocomplete with Trending Research” section.
- Select “Do not show popular searches”.
How To Disable Trending Searches In Chrome On PC
To disable trending searches in Google on your PC, follow these steps:
- Open your browser and type "google.com" in the site address line, then press the "Enter" key.
- Click on “Settings” in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Select "Search Settings" from the menu.
- Select "Do not show popular searches" in the "Autocomplete with trending searches" section.
How to Disable Trending Searches Through the Google App
If you prefer to use the Google mobile app rather than a browser, follow the instructions below to disable trending searches:
- Launch the Google app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap your profile picture or the initial of your name located in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select "Settings", then "General".
- Move the toggle button next to "Autocomplete with trending searches" from right to left to the "Off" position.
What are Google trending searches?
Google's search suggestions are based on currently trending queries. The algorithm analyzes people's searches around the world and recommends the most popular searches to other users. For example, in late fall, many people may start searching for "Christmas decorations" and Google will show that query as a suggestion.
Follow updates but stay private
What do you think of Google's trending searches and personalized suggestions? Do you find these features useful or annoying? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.