Did you know that Facebook users upload around 350 million photos every day? If you're one of those users and you've posted a lot of photos over the years, it might be time to clean up your albums.
But before deleting all photos from Facebook and losing them forever, downloading them first might be a great idea. This way they will all be in the same folder.
Luckily, you don't need to upload each photo separately. You can download them all at once, and this article explains how.
How to download all photos from Facebook?
One of the reasons why some Facebook users decide to upload all their photos in bulk is because they want to delete their accounts.
If so, it's definitely good to have the option to upload your photos and videos first. Here's what that process looks like when you're using Facebook for the web:
- In any browser, log into your Facebook account and click the down-pointing arrow in the upper right corner of the window.
- Select "Settings and privacy" and " Settings. »
- Click on the "Your Facebook Information" option on the left side of the window.
- Now you will have to click on the "Download your information" option.
- By default, all categories of your information are selected. Click on the " Unselect all " option.
- Click on the "Pictures and Videos" option.
- Change the date range, choose the format (HTML or JSON) and choose the media quality.
- Finally, click on the "Create a file" button in the right corner.
Facebook will automatically start creating the file which contains all the photos and videos you have uploaded or shared on the platform.
This file will also contain other files where your photos and videos will be sorted. Keep in mind that depending on how many photos and videos you have on Facebook; the time it takes for the file to be done will vary. Once done, you will receive a notification, as well as an email from Facebook.
The final step requires you to switch to the "Available Copies" tab on the same page where you requested the download. Click the "Download" button next to the prepared file and save it to your computer.
How to download all photos from Facebook page?
You can only download all of the photos from the Facebook Page you admin. However, to download all images and videos, you will also need to download all other data.
Essentially, you make a complete copy of your page. This is the only way it works on Facebook Pages at the moment. Here is what you do:
- In your news feed, click « Pages » on the left side of the window.
- Select your page then choose " Settings. »
- Select "General" followed by “Download page”.
- Click on “Create file”.
It may take Facebook a few minutes to create a downloadable file. Once it is prepared, save it to your device.
How to download all Facebook group photos?
Unlike pages, Facebook does not allow you to extract data from groups. There are several reasons why this could potentially be the case. Some groups have tens of thousands of members and want to protect their information.
Technically, extracting files from groups would create large files. Some browser extensions and online add-ons have the ability to download separate albums from Facebook, but they don't always work very well.
How to Download All Photos from Facebook to iPhone?
iPhone users also have the option to download all photos from Facebook to their devices. Before you begin, make sure you have enough storage space on your phone when it's time to download the zipped file. This is how it works:
- Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone and tap on the three horizontal lines in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Select " Settings " and then the "Your Facebook Information" option.
- Now press the "Download your information" option.
- Deselect all categories and press the "Pictures and Videos" option.
- Now choose date range, format, media quality and click “Create file”.
- Wait for Facebook to create the file, then proceed to "Examples Available" tongue.
- Press the " Download " , enter your password, then " To continue. »
You can choose to save your zipped file to Camera Roll or iCloud.
How to Download All Photos from Facebook to Android?
Android users can also download all of their Facebook photos in a single zipped file. If you have an Android phone or tablet, here's what you need to do:
- Open the Facebook app and look for the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Press " Settings " then choose “Your Facebook information. "
- Then select “Upload your information. » Be sure to deselect all checked categories.
- Now select "Pictures and Videos" and choose the date range, file format and media quality.
- Press "Create a file" and wait for Facebook to gather all the media.
- When finished, proceed to "Examples Available" tab and upload your compressed file.
How to download all photos from facebook messenger?
If you often use the Facebook Messenger app on your smartphone, saving every photo in your device's storage can quickly add up. That's why, by default, Messenger disables this feature.
If you have already exchanged many photos with your friends, you cannot retroactively download them all at once. You can save them individually by tapping on the photo and saving it to your device.
However, if you want this action to be automated in the future and you don't have to record it manually, here's what you can do:
- Open the Messenger app on your device and go to " Settings. »
- Select " Data storage. »
- Check the "Save Pictures" box.
That's all we can say about it.
How to download all photos from Facebook at once?
You can only download all photos at once from Facebook from your account or personal page. Whether you use a browser or the mobile app version of Facebook, this data will be available in the "Your Facebook Information" section under " Settings. »
From there, you choose the categories of information you want to download. Be sure to select “Pictures and Videos”. You can also choose the date range, file format, and quality of the photos and videos you export.
Hit it "Create a file" button when you set all preferences and give Facebook time to prepare the file for upload. Finally, go to "Copies Available" tab and click the " Download " button.
The file created can sometimes be several GB in size. So make sure you have a stable internet connection and enough storage space to save the file.
How to download all photos from Facebook album?
Sometimes you don't need all the photos or videos in your Facebook account, but a specific album. If so, you don't have to follow all the steps described above. There is a simple way to download the album of your choice. Here's how:
- Connect to Facebook and access your profile.
- Click on the « Photostab » then « Albums ».
- Select the album you want to download, then click on the three horizontal dots of the album.
- Select “Download album. »
- Facebook will notify you when it collects all images and videos in the album.
- You will receive a zip file containing all the media for that specific album.
How to download all photos from Facebook business page?
If you have a business page on Facebook, you can save all data, including photos and videos. Unfortunately, you can't just save the photos alone.
All you have to do is go to your business page, then select " Settings. » From there go to "General," then select “Download page”. Again, select "Download page" followed by “Create file”. You will be notified by Facebook when all of your business page data is ready for download.
1. How do I export my photos from Facebook?
You can export individual albums from your Facebook account, or you can export all photos and videos at once. To get all the latest photos and videos from your Facebook account, be sure to access the "Your Facebook Information" section found under "Settings".
There, you will need to select the “Photos and Videos” category before clicking on “Create File”. You can also set other preferences, such as whether you want your photos to be low, medium, or high quality.
This will impact the size of the compressed file that Facebook will prepare. You can also choose the date range and file format.
2. How can I import all my photos from Facebook?
If you want to import all your photos from, say, Google Photos to Facebook, you can do it all in one go. Be sure to go to "Settings > Your Facebook Information". Then select “Upload a copy of your photos or videos”.
Facebook will ask you to choose a destination and you can select "Google Photos" or any other destination you have in mind. Finally, just confirm the transfer. Facebook will email you when the import is complete.
3. Can I download all my photos from Facebook at once?
Yes, you have the possibility to upload all your photos at the same time. You can do this on mobile devices and on your computer. The easiest way to do this is to go to the "Your Facebook Information" section from "Settings".
4. How to copy all images from Facebook?
There are three ways to copy all images from Facebook. The first is to copy one image at a time. But it can take time. The next option is to download one album at a time.
If you don't have too many albums, this can be a relatively quick process. Finally, you can export all your photos and videos at once. Keep in mind that when exporting all photos at once, videos are also attached. You cannot just download all images.
Save all your photos from Facebook to your device
If you've been active on Facebook for a long time, you've probably accumulated a lot of photos.
If you want to get a full picture of how many images you've downloaded, exporting them all to your device is a great way to go.
Also, if you want to purge your Facebook profile, there is no need to lose all photos forever just because you don't want them on Facebook anymore.
Fortunately, there are several ways to download photos from Facebook. It's up to you to keep them safe.
Do you want to download all photos and videos from Facebook? Let us know in the comments section below.