Every day, millions of photos are posted on Instagram. Maybe you follow a travel page and want to upload their photos to create a travel inspiration album on your PC. Or you want to save a copy of all the photos you have ever shared on Instagram. This article will tell you in detail how to download all (or one or more) photos from Instagram to your PC, Mac, Android or iPhone.
If you've ever tried to download a particular Instagram photo from your feed, you would have noticed that it wasn't even an option. This is because of copyright protection. However, most people only want to download photos for personal use. Maybe you have a folder on your computer where you save all the images you might find useful for your next project. Or you like to keep cute jewelry ideas in one place. There are several ways to download Instagram photos, from just using your browser to third-party apps.
How to Download All Your Instagram Photos Through a Browser
Maybe you want to delete your Instagram account, but you want to save your shared photos first. There is a fairly simple way to do this. The steps below will show you how to save any Instagram photos, stories or videos that you have ever shared.
- Log into your Instagram account on your PC.
- Click on your avatar in the top right menu and go to "Settings". It's the little gear icon.
- On the left side of the menu, you will see a “Privacy and Security” tab. Click on it.
- Scroll down to the end of the page until you come to the "Data Download" section.
- Click "Request Download".
- Enter the email address you want your photos delivered to.
- Click Next. » To continue without an error message at this point, you must enable cookies in your browser. Also, make sure you're not browsing in private mode.
- Type your password and click "Request Download".
Instagram will send you an email once your request has been processed. It usually only takes a few minutes.
To download specific photos from your Instagram page or any other page, just follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram page from which you want to download all photos.
- Scroll to the end of the page for all shared photos to load.
- Right-click on the white surface and select "Save As".
- You want to save the link as type “Web Page Completed” then hit the save button.
This will now download the contents of the given Instagram page, including photos and an HTML file. Just delete the HTML file from the download folder and you'll only be left with the photos.
How to download all photos from instagram on mobile
If you want to download all photos from your Instagram page to Android device, just follow these steps. These are the same steps we recommend to recover your data, including stories and videos.
- Launch Instagram on your Android device.
- Go to your page settings. You can access it by clicking on the three horizontal lines at the top right of your screen. You will then see a "Settings" button in the lower right part of the side menu.
- Tap "Security" in the menu.
- Scroll down to the 'Data & History' section and tap 'Download Data'.
- Enter your email address if it is not already there.
- Tap "Request Download".
- Enter your password and click “Next”.
- Press "Done" to finish.
Within minutes (or, sometimes, hours — depending on how much data you have), you'll receive an email with all your Instagram photos, stories, and even videos.
Alternative mobile method
You can also use third party software www.downloadgram.com. However, this tool will only allow you to download Instagram photos individually.
- Find the photo you want to save to Instagram.
- Tap the three vertical dots to open the menu.
- Choose the “Copy link” option.
- Open www.downloadgram.com on your phone's browser.
- Just paste the link you copied and press "Download" -> "Download image".
- Now the photo will be downloaded to your default downloads folder.
Can I automatically save the photos I post on Instagram?
It's pretty easy to automatically save the photos you post to Instagram. Enabling this setting will only take a few seconds. Just follow these steps:
- Open Instagram on your device and tap the three horizontal lines to open the menu.
- Go to settings (small gear icon).
- Tap "Account" -> Original Photos.
- Once there, just toggle the button for it to be activated. This will save all the photos you post on Instagram to your camera roll.
Why doesn't Instagram have an easier way to save photos?
The platform is strict on copyright rules. They don't just allow bulk uploading of photos, to "protect their users' content."
There can be dozens of reasons to download an Instagram photo. This article has covered some of the most common ways to download all of your profile photos, but also from other pages.
How do you usually download photos from Instagram? Share your experience in the comments below.