If you know you won't have internet access or just want to save some data, downloading TV shows from Netflix can be very helpful. In fact, if you want to make sure you always have something to watch offline, you can download an entire season of your favorite TV show and make it available with just one click.
If you don't know how to download an entire season from Netflix or you didn't even know it was possible, you've come to the right place. In this article, we'll tell you everything you need to know about downloading content from Netflix.
How to Download an Entire Season of Netflix on an iPad
Unfortunately, Netflix does not offer the option to download an entire season at once. Instead, you have to download each episode individually. Here's how:
- If you don't already have it, download the Netflix app from the App Store.
- Log in to your Netflix account. If you don't have it, register and choose a subscription plan.
- Find the TV show you want to download by tapping the magnifying glass icon.
- Find the episode you want to download and tap the download icon.
You don't have to wait for one download to complete to start downloading another. Keep in mind that by default, Netflix downloads episodes only when you're connected to a Wi-Fi network.
How to Download an Entire Season of Netflix on a PC
Downloading an entire season at once from Netflix is not possible. However, you can download individual episodes. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Make sure you have downloaded the Netflix app. You can find it in the Microsoft Store.
- Log into your account or create a new one.
- Find the TV show you want to download.
- Find the episode you like and tap the download icon next to it. You can pause or cancel the download at any time by tapping the icon that appears instead of the download sign.
You can track the progress of your download by looking at the progress bar at the bottom of your screen or by going to "My Downloads". To speed up the process, you can download multiple episodes at once, but you'll have to start downloading them one by one.
How to Download an Entire Season of Netflix on the iPhone App
Netflix does not allow you to download an entire season with just one click. But you can still download each episode of a season individually and ensure you have something to watch offline. You can record individual episodes by following these steps:
- If you don't have the Netflix app, download it from the App Store.
- Log in to your Netflix account. If you don't have one, you can create it and select a subscription plan of your choice.
- Tap the search icon and search for the TV show with the episode you want to download.
- Once you find the TV show, search for the episode in question.
- Before playing, tap the download icon on the right side.
- Do the same for each episode you want to download.
It's worth mentioning that Netflix will only download episodes if you're connected to Wi-Fi, but you can still customize the settings and use your data.
How to Download an Entire Season of Netflix on the Android App
Downloading an entire season at once from Netflix is impossible. Currently, Netflix does not offer this option. But, you can download individual episodes. Here are the instructions for doing so:
- Download the Netflix app from the Play Store if you don't have it.
- Log in to your account or create one and choose a subscription plan.
- Hit the search icon or go to the "TV Shows" tab to find the one you want to download.
- Select a particular episode and tap the download icon next to it.
- You can check the progress of your download by looking at the icon that appears instead of the download sign. There is no need to wait if you want to download more than one episode; repeat the process even before the first download is complete.
By default, you must be connected to Wi-Fi if you want to download content from Netflix.
Can I download episodes automatically?
Netflix offers the "Smart Downloads" feature. If you downloaded and watched an episode, Netflix will automatically download the next one and delete the one you watched. The latest episode will remain in the "Downloads" section if you have completed the entire TV show.
Here's how to enable smart downloads:
1. Open the Netflix app.
2. Tap "Downloads". If you're using Netflix on a PC, tap the three lines, then "My Downloads."
3. The Smart Downloads feature will appear at the top of your screen. Toggle the toggle button to turn it on.
This feature only works if you are connected to Wi-Fi and have the latest version of the app.
This option should not be confused with the "Downloads for you" feature in the same section. If you want Netflix to download content based on your viewing history, you can enable this feature. Every time you connect to a Wi-Fi network, Netflix saves content to the downloads folder.
What is the maximum number of titles I can download?
Netflix allows you to download up to 100 titles. Keep in mind that this is also limited by the amount of storage available. If you're using the mobile app and you don't have enough storage on your phone, you can switch the download location to "SD card" by going to settings.
It is important to point out that some titles will expire after a certain time. It depends on the licenses and it's not something you can control. If a title expires in less than seven days, you'll see its remaining availability in the downloads section.
Some will expire 48 hours after your first reading. In this case, you will also see the remaining time in the downloads section.
If a downloaded title leaves Netflix, keep in mind that it will disappear from your file when it becomes unavailable on the service.
Enjoy your favorite TV shows even when you're offline
Downloading your favorite episodes from Netflix means you always have something to watch. While you can't download an entire season with a single click, you can save individual episodes or use the smart download feature that downloads them for you. Blast your favorite content even when you're offline.
Do you often use the download option on Netflix? Prefer to do it on your cell phone or computer? Tell us in the comment section below.