As they are on many other social networks, emojis are a popular way of expression on Discord. They are a convenient and quick way to describe your feelings without using words and add some fun to your Discord chats. And if a particular emoji catches your eye, you can download it and use it on your server.
If you want to learn how to download Discord emojis, we can help you. This article will discuss everything you need to know about emojis on Discord, including which platforms you can use to download them.
Download Emoticons from Discord Server to PC
If you're using Discord on your computer and want to save an emoji, here's what you need to do:
- Open your browser and navigate to the Discord website, or launch the Discord app.
- Sign into your account.
- Open the server from which you want to download an emoji.
- Locate the emoji and right-click on it.
- Tap "Open image in new tab" to access the emoji ID. The emoji will now open in a separate tab.
- Right-click the emoji again and select "Save Image As".
- Choose where you want to save the emoji. We recommend creating a separate folder with Discord emojis so you can easily find them later.
- Press "Save".
Download Emojis from Discord Server to iPhone
Unfortunately, the Discord app for iPhone does not allow you to download emojis from servers. However, you can try using your browser to access Discord and then download emojis. Keep in mind that this method is not 100% reliable and may not work on your device.
Follow these instructions to download Discord emojis on iPhone:
- Open your browser and navigate to the Discord website.
- If you're using iOS 13 or newer, tap the "Aa" icon on the left side of the address bar, then tap "Request Desktop Website." If you're using iOS 12 or earlier, long-press the refresh arrow to the right of the address bar and select "Request desktop website."
- Go to the Discord server from which you want to download an emoji.
- Find the emoji and long press it.
- Press "Open in new tab".
- Press and hold the emoji again and select "Add to Photos...".
- Save the emoji to the desired location.
Download Emoticons from Discord Server on Android
The mobile version of Discord does not allow you to download emojis from a server. But there is an alternative method: use your browser to access Discord in desktop mode. Unfortunately, this method does not work for all Android devices. If that doesn't work for you, you'll need to use the desktop version to download Discord emojis.
Here's how to download Discord emojis from a server to your Android phone:
- Open your browser and visit the Discord website.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner and tap "Desktop Site".
- Go to the Discord channel from which you want to save an emoji.
- Find the emoji in question and long press it.
- Tap "Open image in new tab" or "Open link," depending on which browser you're using.
- Save the image to the desired location.
How to add emojis to a Discord chat?
Preloaded emojis can be added to a Discord chat on both web and mobile versions.
The easiest way to add an emoji to a Discord chat is to use the emoji menu. Here you can browse standard and Discord-exclusive emojis, access recent emojis you've used, and more.
If you use your computer for Discord, tap the gray smiley on the right side of the message box. If you're using the mobile app, tap the smiley on the left side of the message box.
Type the name of the emoji
Each emoji has a name in Discord. The name is in square brackets and you can find it in the emoji menu. If you already know the name of the emoji you want to use, you can type it in the message box and it will be sent as an emoji.
Express yourself with the right Emoji
If you want to express your thoughts and feelings without using words, emojis are a perfect choice. Discord lets you use built-in emojis or upload custom ones. Whenever you see an emoji you like, you can download it and use it on another channel.
We hope this article helped you learn how to download Discord emojis and that you are now an emoji expert.
Do you often use emojis on Discord? Do you download them from servers or websites? Tell us in the comments section below.