Tidal is yet another popular music streaming app. With access to a huge catalog of music and a focus on high-fi, high-resolution sound quality, it's considered one of the best.
Tidal is for music lovers who want access to their favorite music anytime, anywhere. You can listen to your downloaded music from a mobile device even without an internet connection.
If you're new to Tidal, we'll show you how to download music to enjoy offline and explain the simple workaround for offline playback through your computer. Additionally, our FAQ explains how to permanently save your downloads to an SD card.
How to Download Music to Play Offline in Tidal on Your PC
Currently, you can only play music offline on a mobile device. However, the good news is that there are third-party tools available to enable offline playback from your computer.
DRmare Tidal Music Converter and AudFree Tidal Music Converter are two of the best on the market right now. They facilitate Tidal file downloads, converted to simple audio files that retain the original quality and everything else.
Now we will show you how to do with DRmare Tidal Music Converter:
- Download and install DRmare Tidal Music Converter.
- Open DRmare Tidal Music Converter (Tidal will open automatically).
- In the Tidal app, at the top right, select the magnifying glass icon.
- Enter a search for the music you want using the song title, album or artist name, or keywords. Your results will appear below the search field.
- Copy and paste the link of the song[s] you want into the DRmare search bar one at a time.
- Click the plus sign “+” button then DRmare will load and display your music in the main window.
- Then you may need to set an audio output format. To do this, click on the menu icon in DRmare.
- Select "Preferences" then "Convert" in the pop-up window.
- There are six formats to choose from, so just select the one you want. You can also change things like track bit and sample rate, or you can leave them as they are.
- Once you are done, click the "Convert" button.
Wait a few seconds for your Tidal music to be ready to listen to offline on your desktop.
How to Download Music for Offline Play in Tidal on an iPhone
To download and play music from Tidal on an iOS device:
- Open Tide.
- Tap the search bar to enter a search for the music you want.
- Next, tap the album/playlist and turn on the "Download" switch to download to your phone.
- For a single track download, long press the track name, then select "Download".
- To enable offline mode, tap on the “Offline” option in the left menu.
- Your downloaded content will be displayed under "My Collection" and "Downloaded".
How to Download Music for Offline Play in Tidal on an Android Device
To download and listen to music from Tidal on an Android device:
- Open the Tidal app.
- Towards the bottom of the screen, tap the “Search” bar to start a search for the desired playlists/albums.
- Then tap the playlist/album to select it. Toggle the "Download" switch to begin downloading to your device.
- To download a single track, long press the track name and select "Download".
- Leave the app open while it downloads.
- Once finished, check the box "My collection" then "Downloaded" to see your music.
- Activate offline mode by tapping on the “Offline” option in the left menu.
Where are Tidal downloads stored?
Your Tidal downloads can be viewed by selecting "My Collection" in the bottom right of the screen and then clicking the "Downloaded" link.
Does Tidal have a download limit?
You can upload up to 10 songs to Tidal.
A tidal wave of music
Tidal is a premium music streaming service offering high quality sound and offline playback. Perfect for saving on cellular data or when you don't have an internet connection. The user-friendly interface is designed to make downloading your favorite music easy.
What do you think of Tidal's services so far? What made you decide to try? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.