TikTok is both simple and complex. The design and usability are very simple, and the app makes video creation and interaction as easy as possible. The sheer volume of features and options on the app is what makes it complex.
Can you edit a TikTok caption after posting? Can you edit a video after uploading it? Can I delete a video if I want once I've uploaded it? We've received quite a few questions from readers, and it's worth taking a look at all three. Read on to learn how to edit a TikTok caption after posting.
How to Download TikTok Videos
First, it is important to understand the download process. At the bottom of the TikTok home screen, you will see a “+” sign. This button allows you to add new videos.
When you click on this "+", you are redirected to the registration screen. From there, you can select the duration of your video and click the red button to start recording. Once done, you press the red button again to stop recording and click the red tick to continue.
The red check mark takes you to the edit page. The following steps will show you how to get back to this page using a workaround so you can update the caption after posting.
Edit a TikTok caption after posting
TikTok doesn't give you the option to edit a video's caption after it's posted; however, there is a workaround, so you don't need to save and repost the same content again.
Assuming you catch the problem with the caption early in the video's life, it's relatively easy to fix the problem by re-uploading the same video to your profile.
Follow these steps to update the legend:
- Press the " Moiicon » at the bottom left of your screen
- Here you will see all the videos you have posted. Tap on the video with the caption you want to edit.
- Press the " horizontal ellipsis » (three horizontal dots) to the right.
- Select " Record the video.
- Once the recording is complete, repost the exact same video with the new caption. Click on the "+" symbol located at the bottom of the screen.
- Press the " To download " button on the right side.
- You will see a list of your photos and videos. Select the one you've already saved from TikTok, then tap " Next. "
- Again, press " Following " in the upper right corner. On this page you can add text, stickers and change effects.
- For the third time, press " Following " in the lower right of the screen.
- Update the caption and change your audience preferences.
- Select " Poster. »
- Now your newly updated content will appear in your timeline and you need to delete the original video. From the home page, press the " Me " icon at the bottom.
- Select the video you want to delete.
- Press the "horizontal ellipsis" (three horizontal dots) on the right side of your video.
- In the row of options displayed above the "Cancel" link, scroll right and choose " To delete. »
- Confirm your choice by pressing "DELETE".
The downside, of course, is that you will lose any comments or likes of the video received. However, if you caught the problem with the caption early enough, you shouldn't miss much engagement while fixing your latest video.
We have the answers to more of your questions here.
How to add text to a TikTok video?
You can add a text caption to your TikTok videos once you finish your video and hit the check mark. After tapping on this tick, more options will be available for you. You can click on the text field in the right corner and more options will appear, including text color and font. When you're done adding text to your TikTok, add any other filters you want to add, then finalize your TikTok.
How to trim a video on TikTok?
To cut a TikTok video, tap the “+” button to record a new video.
Once you've recorded this video, tap "add sound" in the top right corner, then tap the "red button" to save. Tap the "Verify" icon at the bottom right; Then you will find the “Trim” icon in the upper right corner.
Once done, hit the “Next” button and you can add the effects to your video.
Can I change the soundtrack to a TikTok video?
Changing the soundtrack is a little trickier. Since the audio is saved in the original video, you won't be able to copy the audio without a third-party editing app doing that. Since most TikTok videos are lip-synced, changing the soundtrack may break the video. The soundtrack is added as a layer to the video during creation and is then saved as a single file.
This method takes you back to the edit screen though, so it's definitely worth a shot.
Can I control who can comment on my TikTok video?
Yes you can. It's a general control in that you can control who can comment on each video you upload rather than individual videos, but you can. The setting is in the Privacy menu.
1. Tap the vertical ellipse (three dots icon) on the main TikTok screen.
3. Change the security settings to Who can send me feedback.
Set who can send you feedback " Everyone " make your account public, " Friends " just to make them friends. You had the idea. You also see the options “Who can duet with me? » “Who can react with me? » et “Who can send me messages” in the same section. You can change them in the same way to control who can contact you while using the app.