Nothing beats listening to your favorite music while driving. It can make time spent in traffic more bearable and can help you relax and concentrate. However, scrolling through tracks, searching for your favorite songs, etc., can distract your attention from the road.
Luckily, there are apps like "Car View" designed by Spotify to make streaming music while driving safer. In this article, we'll walk you through how to pair your vehicle with your iPhone and Android device and turn on "Car" mode.
How to Enable Car Mode in Spotify on iPhone App
Before activating Car View mode, you must pair your iPhone to your vehicle and vice versa. Follow these steps to pair your car audio system to your iPhone:
- Make sure your car audio system is in discoverable mode and ready to pair.
- Open "Settings".
- Tap "Bluetooth".
- Make sure the Bluetooth switch is green, if not, tap the slider to move it to the right turning it on.
- Your car's name should appear in the "Other Devices" section.
- Tap it to connect.
To pair your car with your iPhone:
Most car stereos allow you to pair a device using the display unit and the Tuning option. The steps below are usually how this is done:
- On your iPhone, open the “Settings” app.
- Tap "My Devices". If "Bluetooth" is listed, select it - keep this screen open.
- From the list of Bluetooth devices in your car, select your iPhone.
- You may be asked to confirm that the PIN displayed on your device and your car display unit is the same.
- Allow access to your call history and contacts if you wish.
- Now choose either "Pair", "Accept" or "Confirm".
Although this is usually how car pairing is done, check your car's manual for the exact steps. After your car and your iPhone are successfully paired, your car can use Car View by automatically connecting to your iPhone via Bluetooth.
To activate car view:
Car View is enabled by default. To confirm or activate it on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open “Spotify”.
- From the Home screen, tap the Settings gear icon in the top right.
- In the middle of the options, tap on “Car”.
- In "Car view", make sure the slider is green. Otherwise, tap it to activate it.
How to Enable Car Mode in Spotify on Android App
Before activating Car View mode, you must pair your Android device with your vehicle. Follow the steps below to set up pairing from your Android device:
- Verify that your car audio is ready to pair.
- From your phone, open “Settings”.
- Select "Connected devices". If "Bluetooth" is displayed, select it.
- Tap "Pair New Device", then select your car's name.
To pair your car stereo with your Android device, the steps below are usually how it's done:
- On your phone, open “Settings”.
- Select "Connected devices". If “Bluetooth” is available, select it. And keep the screen open.
- From the list of discoverable devices in your car, select your Android device.
- You may be asked to verify that the PIN displayed on your device matches the one displayed on your car's display screen.
- If desired, allow access to your call history and contacts.
- Now select "Pair", "Accept" or "Confirm".
Check your car manual for specific steps. Once your car and device are successfully paired, your car will automatically connect to your Android via Bluetooth to facilitate Car View.
How to enable car display mode
Car View is enabled by default. To confirm or activate it, follow these steps:
- Open “Spotify”.
- From the home screen, select the "Your Library" tab.
- At the top right, tap the Settings gear icon.
- Near the middle, go to the “Car” section.
- In "Car view", make sure the slider is green. If not, tap on it to put it on the right.
Safe streaming while you drive
Listening to and singing along to your favorite music while driving is entertaining and can help make long trips shorter. But searching the tracks behind the wheel can reduce your concentration on the road. Spotify's "Car" mode is designed to help you stay focused while you enjoy your music.
Car View is available on iOS and Android devices. Once your device is Bluetooth enabled and successfully paired with your car, Car View will work its magic. It detects your Bluetooth then automatically changes your display interface to a simpler design for easier use while driving.
What do you love most about listening to music in your car? Tell us about it in the comments section below.