Each time you enable cookies in your web browser, a small portion of website data is stored on your computer while you browse.
The information recorded is used to develop an understanding of your interests and to show you products you may like. Sometimes cookies allow you to directly access your frequently used accounts without logging in each time.
Some browsers store cookie information by default, and in others you need to enable the option. Read on to learn how to enable cookies on your Mac through different browsers.
How to Enable Cookies on a Mac in Google Chrome
To enable cookies in Google Chrome, start by opening Chrome, then follow these steps:
- In the upper right corner, click on the three-dot menu icon.
- From the drop-down menu, choose "Settings".
- At the bottom of the browser, select "Advanced".
- In the left sidebar, click on “Privacy and security”.
- Select “Cookies and other site data”.
- Click on the "Allow all cookies" button to activate it.
From now on, cookie information will be stored on your computer each time you visit a website.
How to Enable Cookies on a Mac in Safari
Safari is the default browser for all Apple devices. To enable your cookies, open the Safari browser and follow these steps:
- Click on “Safari” in the menu bar, then on “Preferences”.
- On the "General Preferences" screen, select the "Privacy" tab.
- Uncheck the "Block all cookies" option to enable cookies in Safari.
- Close "Preferences" to save your changes.
- From the drop-down menu, choose "Settings".
- At the bottom of the browser, click on “Advanced”.
- In the left sidebar, select "Privacy and security".
- Click on “Cookies and other site data”.
- Choose the option "Allow all cookies" to activate it.
Your cookie data will be stored on your computer each time you visit a website.
How to Enable Cookies on a Mac in Firefox
Mozilla Firefox is a popular open source web browser. Open Firefox and follow these steps to change your cookie settings:
- In the upper left corner, click on the "Firefox" menu icon.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Preferences".
- Choose "Privacy & Security" from the left sidebar.
- Click on the "Custom" section to expand it, then uncheck the "Cookies" option to enable cookies.
Cookie information will now be saved on your computer when you browse the Internet.
How do I clear my cookies on Mac Chrome?
Here's how to clear cookie information in Chrome on your Mac:
Notes: Deleting your cookie data may sign you out of certain websites.
1. Launch Google Chrome.
2. In the upper right corner, click on the three-dot settings menu icon.
3. At the bottom of the page, choose “Advanced”.
4. Select the "Clear browsing data" section.
5. Under the "All cookies and site data" section, you can decide which cookies to delete based on options such as a specific time range.
6. Click "Clear data" to delete cookie information.
To delete your cookies in Chrome using an iOS device:
1. Open Chrome.
2. Click on the three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
3. Tap "Settings" and then "Privacy".
4. Select "Clear browsing data".
5. Choose "Cookies, site data" and deselect all other items.
6. Select "Clear browsing data", then "Done".
How do I clear my cookies on Mac Safari?
Follow these steps to clear your cookie information in the Safari browser on your Mac:
Notes: Deleting your cookie information may sign you out of certain websites.
1. In the upper left corner of the toolbar, select "Safari" then "Preferences".
2. Click on the "Privacy" tab.
3. Under "Block all cookies", choose "Manage website data".
4. Now you can delete the information recorded by particular websites by choosing a site and clicking "Delete" at the bottom of the window. Alternatively, to remove information collected for all sites, choose "Remove All".
5. When you're done, click "Done" in the lower right corner.
To delete cookie information in Safari on your iOS device:
1. Open the “Settings” app.
2. Select "Safari", "Advanced", then "Website Data".
3. Choose "Clear history and website data".
How do I clear my cookies on Mac Firefox?
To delete cookie information stored in Firefox via your Mac, open Firefox and then follow these steps:
Notes: You may be signed out of some websites after deleting your cookie information.
1. In the upper right corner, select the hamburger menu.
2. Select the "Privacy" tab.
3. Choose "Clear your recent history".
4. Make sure only the "Cookies" option is selected.
5. Choose the period during which you want cookies to be deleted. Select "All" to delete all cookies.
6. When you're done, tap "Erase Now".
To delete cookies in Firefox via your iOS device:
1. Launch the Firefox app.
2. In the upper right corner, click on the hamburger menu icon.
3. Choose "Settings", then scroll down to "Privacy".
4. Click "Erase private data".
5. Make sure "Cookies" is the only option checked, then choose "Clear private data".
With the “enable cookies” option selected; you allow websites to log information about your browsing habits. This is useful for things like returning to a saved cart or directly logging into accounts whose passwords you've forgotten. The option is usually found via "Privacy" in your browser and can be disabled at any time.
What do you think enabling cookies in your browser will do? Let us know in the comments section below.