Looking for a way to enlarge a single cell in Excel without affecting other cells in the row or column? If so, you are not alone. The online spreadsheet is used by millions of people every day, many of whom have a similar problem. Excel has a well-thought-out interface, there's no doubt about it. A spreadsheet with multiple cells with the same dimensions is not only nice to look at, but also helps you capture as much data as possible.
You will be happy to know that increasing the size of a single cell is possible simply by merging the surrounding cells. In this article, we'll show you how to do it.
How to Magnify a Single Cell in Excel on PC
Microsoft Excel works great with PCs. For starters, you have a large screen to view your data without straining too much. Additionally, you can use Excel with other applications from the large Microsoft family, including Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
More importantly, you can modify your file so that only one cell is larger than the others, for whatever reason.
- Identify the cell you want to expand, erase adjacent cells in all directions, then highlight the entire batch. You could probably move the data in these cells to another location in your document.
- Click the Home tab at the top of your4 document.
- Go to the "Alignment" section and click the down arrow next to "Merge and Center".
- Select “Merge and Center”.
And with that, you will have created a larger cell surrounded by other standard sized cells. You can then fill the cell as you wish.
How to Magnify a Single Cell in Excel on an iPhone
Merging Cells is an easy way to enlarge a single cell in Excel while running the app on an iPhone.
Here's how to do it:
- Open the Excel file you are interested in.
- Identify the cell you want to expand, then clear all adjacent cells.
- Tap the original cell. At this point, a blue highlight will appear around it. You should also see a blue dot in the upper left and lower right corners of the cell.
- Drag the blue dots to select all the cells you want to merge the original cell with.
- Tap "Merge" at the bottom of your screen.
This will instantly create a larger cell that can hold the data you want to enter.
How to Magnify a Single Cell in Excel on Android Phone
If you prefer to manage all your Excel tasks right on your Android phone, here's how to increase the size of a single cell without affecting other cells in your spreadsheet:
- Open your Excel file.
- Navigate to the cell you want to expand and clear adjacent cells.
- Tap the original cell.
- Drag the blue handles around the cell to select all the other cells you want to merge.
- Tap "Merge" at the top of your screen.
Make room for everything you want
One of the benefits of Microsoft Excel is that it can be customized to meet your needs. If you want to make room for a cell that's larger than all the other cells in the worksheet, the "Merge and Center" feature is incredibly useful.
Whether you're running Excel on a PC or mobile device, you can edit your document to highlight values or make room for an image or chart in just a few steps.
Have you tried increasing the size of a single call in Excel using the method described in this article? How was it?
Let us know in the comments section below.