If you want to sell your Xbox 360, there are a few things you need to do before posting the ad. First, you need to factory reset your console to wipe it back to factory settings. You can optionally clear the device cache or back up some or all of the data you have stored on the console's hard drive. Here's how to prepare your Xbox 360 for resale.
Back up your Xbox 360 data
If you want to save data before you sell your Xbox 360 or upgrade it, back it up. To back up your data, follow these steps.
- Plug a USB flash drive or hard drive into the USB port on your console. It should appear in the list of your storage devices.
- On the home screen, press the " To guide " button on your controller.
- Then choose the " Settings " tongue.
- In the “Settings” menu, choose the "System Settings" tongue.
- Enter the “Storage” section.
- Highlight your console's hard drive and press the "AND" button on your controller.
- Choose the "Transfer content" from the drop-down menu and select your USB drive.
- After that, select the files you want to backup and click on " Start. » If you save a large amount of data, the transfer may take some time.
Factory reset your Xbox 360
It is strongly recommended that you perform a factory reset and wipe your Xbox 360 if you intend to sell it. The process is relatively simple, although the console may take some time to format the hard drive. If you want to keep some data, you need to back it up, we'll talk about that later. For now, it's time to go for the factory reset option.
- On the Xbox 360 home screen, tap the " To guide " button on the controller.
- The main menu opens. To select " Settings " in the top navigation menu.
- Next, you will see the main categories of the "Settings" menu on the screen. To select "System" in the upper left corner of the grid.
- Then enter the "System Settings" tongue.
- Choose the " Storage room " tongue.
- You will see the list of all devices and drives connected to your system. Highlight the " Hard disk " and press the "AND" button on the controller. This will bring up the device options.
- Choose the "Format" option and press " A " on the controller.
- Select " Yes " to confirm your choice.
- In the "Format Hard Drive" screen, select "Enter serial number. "
- Enter your console's serial number into the prompt, then press the " Start " button on your controller.
- You will see a "Formatting" with a progress bar. Once the process is complete, you will be returned to the home screen.
After completing the above steps, your Xbox 360 hard drive is reset and ready to go, but there are two more things you need to do: clear location and clear cache in console.
How to Delete Location on Your Xbox 360
From there, you need to delete your user location. Remember that you are now signed out of Xbox Live and your games have been removed from the formatting process.
- Go to " Settings. »
- Open the "System" part of the menu.
- Select the " Storage room " tongue.
- Select the “Location of your user. »
- Delete it.
How to clear the cache on your Xbox 360
If you're planning on selling your Xbox 360, it's also a good idea to clear the console's cache. Another reason to remove it is if the games run poorly or the device slows down. Clearing the cache will not delete your games and account, but will delete game updates. Follow these steps to clear your Xbox 360 cache.
- On the home screen, tap the " To guide " on your controller, the one with the Xbox logo on it.
- Then choose the " Settings " tab in the main menu.
- Open the "System" tongue.
- In the “System” section, select the " Storage room " tongue.
- Next, highlight the device you want to erase and press the button "AND" button on your controller.
- The “Device Options” screen will appear. Select the “Clear system cache” menu option.
- Confirm your choice.
The final step for you or the new owner
If you sell the console, the new owner does the initial setup, but you can also do this if you keep the console and start from scratch. Here's how it's done.
- Access «Main menu. "
- Go to " Settings " section.
- Choose the "System" tongue.
- Select the "The Initial Setup" option.
- When prompted, confirm your choice.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to set up your Xbox 360 console.
Preparing your Xbox 360 for sale may seem like a daunting task, but it's not, and it's essential. This strategy removes personal data such as credit cards, images, game saves, and game downloads so that the next person cannot access your account or paid items. Of course, the same goes for you if you just reset everything and start fresh!