WhatsApp groups are great ways to share news and bring friends and family together. They can also be a great source of information about your favorite brand or blogger. But if you're new to WhatsApp or aren't particularly tech-savvy, you might not know how to join different groups.
Do not be afraid. You have landed on the right page. Whether you're searching by name or ID, we'll help you find exactly what you're looking for. Additionally, we will share tips for finding group members and admins in any WhatsApp group.
How to find a WhatsApp group by name
Let's get some things clear first. If you are a WhatsApp user, you can only find private or public groups on WhatsApp if you are already there. On the other hand, it is impossible to find a private or public group of which you are not a member unless the administrator sends you an invitation.
If you're looking for a WhatsApp group you're already in, here's how to find it:
- Open WhatsApp on your iOS or Android device.
- Tap the search icon at the top of the screen.
- Type the name of the group you are looking for.
- Matching results will appear in the results.
- Tap the group to access it.
It is possible to find groups that do not require admin permission for you to join. You can do this through third-party apps. However, unless you're sure you can find a specific group this way, we don't recommend using these apps often. Many users report concerns about receiving group invites promoting sensitive content after joining these apps.
If this works for you, follow the steps below.
iPhone or iPad users
WhatsApp allows iPhone and iPad users to connect to third-party apps to explore different public groups and join them without an invitation. Before installing these applications, please note that their source is not always reliable. One of the most popular apps on the App Store to find WhatsApp groups is “Groups for WhatsApp. Here's what you need to do:
- Go to the App Store and search for the “Groups for WhatsApp” app.
- Install the app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the app and connect your WhatsApp account to it.
- Find the groups you want to join. You can choose between different categories as well as recently active groups.
- Press the "Join" button to enter.
Android phone or tablet users
Android users can choose from various apps on the Google Play Store that offer databases of tons of WhatsApp groups to join. The option with the largest group selection is "What are social group links." "
- Go to the Google Play Store and download the “What are Social Group Links” app. It is one of the few apps with a good rating.
- Install the app and launch it.
- Link your WhatsApp account by following the on-screen instructions.
- Find the groups you want to join. You can sort them by categories such as educational, funny, games, sports, etc.
- Tap "Join" to join the group you want.
For PC users
If you use WhatsApp on a PC, there are some great websites explicitly created to post links to WhatsApp groups that anyone can join. Just do a Google search for terms like "WhatsApp group links", "WhatsApp groups to join" or follow the steps below.
- Go to the WhatsApp Group Links website.
- Select a group topic for the group you want to search.
- Click on “Join WhatsApp group”.
As you browse the website, you'll see a list of the latest group invite links, along with links sorted by category. Use the "Ctrl + F" or "Command + F" keys to find the groups you want.
Alternative Methods to Find WhatsApp Groups
There are many ways to find WhatsApp groups online. Apart from websites like WhatsApp Group Links, you can use social networks and forums to enrich your search. For example, go to Facebook and search for "WhatsApp Groups", then choose the "Groups" filter. You can do similar searches on platforms like Tumblr or Reddit.
How to find whatsapp group id
Finding the WhatsApp Group ID is simple if you are the admin of a group. Otherwise, you should ask the administrator to do the following for you:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android or iOS device.
- Navigate to the group whose ID you want to find.
- Open the "Group Info" section by tapping the group name at the top of the screen.
- Tap the “Invite via link” option.
- The suffix part of the link is the group ID. You can copy and share the group ID link or create a QR code that people can scan and join.
How to find a WhatsApp group admin
Maybe you just joined a WhatsApp group and want to contact or see who the admin is. Finding the group owner in WhatsApp is relatively easy. Just follow the steps below:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android or iOS device.
- Navigate to the group whose admin you want to find.
- Open the "Group Info" page by tapping the name of the group at the top of the screen.
- Browse the list of members by scrolling down the page.
- The group admin will have a small “Group admin” box next to their name. They are usually placed in front of other users at the top of the list. There can be multiple admins, so don't be surprised to see a few names with the admin badge.
How to find WhatsApp group members
Finding group members in a WhatsApp group is very easy. All you have to do is open the “Group Information” page and browse through it. If you need further assistance, follow the more detailed instructions below:
- Launch WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Tap the group feed for which you want to search for members.
- Tap the group name at the top of the screen to open the "Group Info" page.
- Scroll down to the "Participants" section.
You will be able to see how many party members are in the party as well as who they are. Group admins will appear first with an “Admin” badge next to their name. The rest of the members will go below them in alphabetical order. If you want to search for a specific group member, tap the search option next to the participant list. Simply search for the person by phone number or username.
Navigate WhatsApp Groups
WhatsApp is a great place to join groups and connect with friends and family. If you're in the mood to join public groups, you can find those too. Just note that the app does not have a built-in search engine to search for the latter. You must use third-party applications or online databases.
I hope after reading this article, you can find any group on WhatsApp you want. Also, now you should know how to find group admins, group ID and group members.
Have you used any of the third-party resources to find public WhatsApp groups? What groups do you usually join? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section below.9004