One of the key features of Instagram is to create connections between users. Whether through mutual friends, interests, or hashtags they use, people can easily find and connect with a large community. It only takes a few simple clicks.
If you want to find new contacts on Instagram, we are here for you. This article explains how to link device contacts, connect to Facebook contacts, and search for people so you can start following exciting new profiles.
How to Find Contacts on Instagram Using iOS/iPhone
Assuming you want to connect with more people on Instagram, you can use your phone contacts, as well as your Facebook friends list. Here's how:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Click on your profile page and open the profile page.
- Click on the three-line icon and click on “Discover people”.
- When you click "Allow Access", your contacts will start syncing and you can decide who you want to follow on Instagram.
You can also use search to find more people. You can tap the magnifying glass icon at the top of the screen and search for profiles by username, location, or tags. You will always have various profiles to browse under the search box and potentially find someone new to follow.
How to Find Contacts on Instagram Using Android
If you've created a new Instagram profile, haven't used it in a while, or just can't wait to find more people to follow, you can use your Google contact list and Facebook friend list on Instagram. Don't worry, you still need to "Follow" them in order to add them to your "Followers" list. Here is how to add Google contacts and Facebook friends to Instagram using Android.
- Open the Android Instagram app, then click on your "profile icon" in the bottom right section to open your profile page.
- In the "Discover people" section, tap " See everything. »
- Then press "Connect Contacts" at the top. You can also choose "Connect to Facebook" (skip to "step 6").
- To allow access to contacts, tap “Allow access. »
- After connecting Instagram to Google or IOS Contacts, browse “Top Suggestions” which is first in the list or head to “Most Mutual Connections” below.
- When you find a person on the list that you want to add to your Instagram account, tap " To follow " or press the
«Profile» first for verification, then press " To follow " from there instead.
- Return to "Best Suggestions" ou "Most Mutual Connections", then press " See everything. » Select "Connect to Facebook" at the top to link more contacts to Instagram.
If you find that your Google Account contacts list hasn't done much for Instagram, you may need to access another Google Account in your "Contacts" app or change your default account on Android. First check your contacts to see what is stored under the current main account. For example, your primary Google account may not be the one with most of your contacts, or the current primary account on your Android device is not your real primary account.
When we tested the process, we had to go to "Contacts", press the vertical ellipsis (three vertical dots), choose "Select All", then add or merge contacts from a different account. This process was done on Android 11.
Contacts not showing up on Instagram
Some contacts may not appear on Instagram depending on the information available. For example, a name with an old phone number or just a mailing address will have no useful or usable information. Also, a contact who has not registered an Instagram account will not show up either.
Additionally, Instagram only provides recommendations based on your contacts and who has an active Instagram account with your contact details credentials. Instagram may also use information from Facebook to populate your search listings, such as their phone number or email address. In summary, some of your contacts will appear in the list to follow while others will not.
How to Find Instagram Contacts on Windows, Mac, or Chromebook
When you open Instagram on your computer, here's how to find new contacts:
- In the upper right corner, you will see a compass icon.
- Click on the icon and it will open a “Search” page.
- At the top of the page, there is a search box, where you can type any profile name or personal name to find the profiles you want to follow.
How to Find Instagram Contacts by Phone Number
Here's how to find new people on Instagram using their phone number:
- Save someone's phone number to your contact list on your phone.
- Open Instagram on the phone where you saved the number.
- Access the Profile page.
- Click the icon with the three lines, and you will see the menu tab on the right.
- Tap "Discover People" and you'll see an option to connect your account to Facebook or your phone contacts.
- Choose "Connect" and allow Instagram to access your phone or Facebook contact lists. Here you will also see profile suggestions.
However, if someone hasn't used their cell phone to register their account, chances are you can't find them through the contact list. In this case, it is better to use the “Search” option.
Adding contacts via Instagram search
You can also add people directly to Instagram based on username or real name. Simply click the magnifying glass (bottom) on Android/iOS or the search bar (top) on a PC browser and type in the name. Results will be populated based on connections and other algorithms. Keep in mind that the person may not have linked/registered Instagram with the real name or username you synced to your device.
You can also search Instagram by tags or locations, but that makes it harder to find what you want.
What to do if Instagram's contact search isn't working
When you allow Instagram to download all your phone contacts, you should be able to see them all on the app or through the browser. Since contacts are synced periodically, give it some time. If you still can't access any of your contacts, you'll need to disconnect contact sync and reconnect it. three -Line icon and click on u003Settings.u003u003cbru003e• Navigate to u003Accountu003 and u003Contacts Syncing.u003u0022cbru0022e• There disable syncing and click on u003Disconnect.u003u0022cbru0022e• This option will delete all your contacts, leaving your list empty.
Why is the contact search on Instagram empty?
Sometimes contact synchronization may not work properly and your contact list may remain empty. The only way to fix this issue is to disconnect and reconnect your contacts sync multiple times.
Login via Instagram
Finding and adding your contacts on Instagram has never been easier. All you need to know is where to look for them, and Instagram's developers have made sure they're just a click away.
Once you know all the tricks, you will have all your family and friends as Instagram friends. Do you use Instagram to communicate with your family or do you only use it for your friends? How to find new contacts on Instagram?
Let us know in the comments section below.