Amazon Wish List is a convenient and innovative feature that allows users to define Amazon items that they would like to receive as gifts from their friends. Essentially, if you're looking for the perfect surprise for someone you know and they're using the Amazon Wish List feature, you can order (and pay for) the gift to surprise them.
However, if you can't find the wishlist feature on Amazon, you might find yourself in a bit of a pickle. With that in mind, this guide helps you find the wishlist shared by a friend or family member, if it exists.
How to Find Someone's Amazon Wish List from a Windows 10 or Mac PC
There are many differences between macOS and Windows 10, but not how a browser works. Of course, you won't be using the Amazon app on your computer, so a browser is best.
- Go to Amazon.com and log into your account.
- Now hover over the “Account and Lists” enter at the top, then click “Your lists. »
- Select the " Your friends " tongue. You should see lists of friends who have shared their lists with you.
- You can also ask a friend to share their list with you by going to the "Message" section and clicking on "Copy message" ou “Send this message by e-mail. »
- Using "Copy message" sends the request via any communication channel on your PC (social messaging, different email, etc.). Using "Email This Message" sends it to their Amazon email, providing notification when reply.
Besides the usual wishlists, Amazon has added other types to its website: wedding registry and baby registry. It's self-explanatory; as you know, these are specific wishlists for weddings and baby showers.
To access one of the two, hover over the “Account and Lists” as you did earlier, but this time select the option "Marriage Registry" or "Baby Registry" Entrance. Now type your friend's name and press " To look for. » You will see a list of all marriage/baby registries under the given search terms. Find your friends list and surprise them with a fantastic gift they want and need!
How to Find Someone's Amazon Wish List from iPhone or Android
Everyone these days spends hours staring at their smartphone or tablet. Many people don't even own computers. Naturally, you can order from Amazon on any tablet or smartphone of your choice. Now, it would be such a shame if you couldn't access your friends' wishlists and order what they want on Amazon.
Of course, few people browse Amazon from a mobile browser. There is a dedicated app that makes things easier.
Whether you're using an iOS or Android device, the apps are identical, and that's a very rare feat!
To access someone's list on iOS or Android, provided you're signed in and the person has shared the list with you, follow these steps:
- Access "Amazon Store" app on your iOS or Android phone.
- Press the "hamburger icon" (menu icon) in the top left corner of the app.
- Select “Your lists. »
- Use " To look for " field to find the person who has the shared list of their Amazon Wishlists.
How to Find Someone's Amazon Wish List on an Amazon Kindle Reader
Amazon's Kindle readers are convenient digital replacements for books. When it comes to reading, they're probably one of the best types of devices for it.
Yes, you can access the Amazon Store through your Kindle device. Yes, you can create a wishlist. And, yes, you can also access your friends' wishlists.
Here's how to find a friend or family member's wish list on a Kindle.
- On your Kindle's home screen, go to "Amazon Store" application.
- Log in to your Amazon account using your credentials, if you haven't already.
- Go to " Registration " ou « Lister. » You will find various books categorized by specific interests, needs or goals.
- Find the book you want to buy and buy it.
Buy an item on a wishlist
The key here is to order the items someone else wants from their Amazon wishlist. Things you order on wishlists are shipped to the creator of the wishlist. It's like buying gifts, except you don't run the risk of buying something your friend won't need or want.
To avoid any mistakes, here's how to buy wishlist items for your friends. Don't worry about the payment process, it uses the usual procedure. The only difference is that the address is pre-inserted under "Other addresses" to make it anonymous.
- Select the gift from a friend's wishlist. This will not take you to the item's default page, but to its wishlist page.
- On the page, select “Add to cart. »
- Confirm it in the next pop-up using the "Add to Cart" button once more.
- Then go to " Proceed to checkout. »
- Now select the " address " on the payment page. Be sure to use the “Other addresses” option.
- Go to “Gift Options” if you want to add a message to the gift.
- You can remove the "price details" from the receipt. You will want to do this for gifts.
- Finish by selecting “Place your order. »
As you can see, finding someone's wishlist on Amazon is very easy, no matter what device you're using. You should read this entry in its entirety to ensure you avoid any mistakes. After all, you want the gift to go to the right person, to the right address, and avoid duplicate purchases.
Finally, don't forget that there are Amazon Wish Lists and the "wedding registry" and "baby registry" lists. Therefore, if you cannot find the friends list, it may reside in the Baby Registry or Marriage Registry sections.
Amazon Wishlist FAQs
How can I find Amazon Wish Lists that have already been shared with me?
Go to "Find a wishlist" and enter your login credentials if prompted. Now, ideally, use the email address of the person in question. You can also use their name, but the email address is unique, ensuring a better match. Next, select "Search" and search for your friend's wishlist. If you want to save the link to the list, select “Remember”.
How do I share my Amazon Wishlist?
Lots of people buy things from their wishlists, but you can also share your wishlist with other people. Start by navigating to "Your Lists", then navigate to "Manage List" in the list menu. Under "Privacy", select the "privacy setting" of your choice. “Private” means that only you will be able to see the list. “Public” means anyone will be able to find it. "Shared" means that only people with a link to your list can see it. Once you've made your choice, click "Save Changes" to confirm.
If you click on "Share", located at the top of the list, you will be able to notify people of the list by email. Recipients will receive your Wishlist URL. Keep in mind that your friends may have to wait up to 15 minutes before they can search your list.
Is the recipient informed of the purchase of the gift?
No, the recipient does not receive a notification or message when purchasing a gift for them, at least not by default. This feature is called the "Don't spoil my surprises" setting. Essentially, this option prevents the recipient from receiving a notification about someone purchasing a gift for them. The feature is great for surprises, but can lead to mini-tragedies, where the recipient ends up ordering the item from their wishlist while the same gift is still on the way.
To avoid this (but also to spoil your surprise), go to the "Your Lists" menu, then click "Manage List" on a particular listing you want to edit, and uncheck "Keep Purchased Items on Your List." Next, choose whether you want to enable or disable the "Don't spoil my surprises" setting. It is entirely up to you. Finish by selecting “Save Changes”.
Is the recipient's address private on Amazon's wishlists?
Yes, recipient addresses are private on Amazon Wishlists. When someone buys something for that person, they will only see the name and city information, nothing else. This action is essential to protect user privacy on Amazon.