Unread emails in your Gmail account can sometimes be buried under the pile of other messages. Therefore, every time you open your inbox, a message appears saying that you have unread emails, but you cannot locate them. So, how to find unread emails in Gmail?
In this article, we are going to give you several ways to reveal your unread emails in Gmail.
How to Find Unread Emails in Gmail in Browser
You can find your unread emails using your browser with just a few clicks:
- Go to your Gmail account and click on Parameters, represented by the gear icon.
- Now choose See all settings.
- Then select the Mailbox section.
- Then in the Inbox type drop-down menu, select Not read first.
- Select the Save changes button at the bottom of the page, and you're done.
How to Find Unread Emails in Gmail App
Most people use Gmail on their phone, so it helps to know how to find unread emails in the Gmail app:
- Open the Gmail app and navigate to the menu represented by the three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
- Keep scrolling down the menu until you find Parameters and select it.
- Now choose the account you want to manage.
- This will open another list of settings, scroll down to access the Mailbox section and select Inbox type.
- Choose the Not read first radio button. As a result, your unread messages will be displayed first in your Mailbox.
How to Find Unread Emails in Gmail on iPhone
Reaching your unread emails on an iPhone is also quite simple:
- Open your Mail application and press Mail boxes button.
- You will see all the accounts you are logged in to. If the Unread option is not displayed, press the Edit button. This should bring the option to the screen.
- Now tap on the empty circle next to the Unread button to enable unread view. You can also drag the button with the handle on the right edge and bring it to the top of the list to make it more accessible.
- Then press the Completed and you will now be able to see all unread emails in your account.
How to Find Unread Emails in Gmail on Android
We have already mentioned a way to check your unread emails in the Gmail app, but here is another method for your Android device:
- Open your Gmail app.
- Tap the section that says Search in emails at the top of the screen.
- Type “is:unread in:inbox” and press Search.
- All your unread emails will appear on the screen.
How to find unread emails in Gmail in a folder
Folders in Gmail are also called labels. To find your unread emails under a label, you must first create one. Here's how:
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Type “is:unread” in the search field and press Enter. This will reveal all of your unread messages or threads with unread emails.
- Now choose the Create a filter option in the search field menu.
- Then check the Apply label function and choose New label...
- Type the name of your label, in this case you can type Unread then press the Create button.
- Finally, hit Create a filter to save your changes and apply your filter. Finally, check the box on the right to set the filter to your unread messages.
How to Find Unread Emails in Gmail in Main Tab
Using the Primary tab to find your unread emails can also be done using the Search bar.
- Enter your account and go to Search bar.
- Then type the following line: “tag:unread category:primary“, without quotes.
- Then hit Enter and now you will see your unread emails in the Primary tongue.
How to refine your search on Gmail
There are several ways to narrow your search on Gmail. You can configure the program to search for emails from certain people, dates or set other parameters. Here are some examples:
- To have Gmail show unread messages between, say, December 28, 2022 and January 1, 2022, type the following command into the search box: “is:unread before:1/12022 after:28/12/2022” .
- To retrieve unread messages from a specific email address, enter this line: “is:unread from:[email protected]”.
- You can also search your emails by a certain name using: “is:unread from:Mark”.
Here are some useful details about managing your unread emails in Gmail:
How do I mark something as unread in Gmail?
There are several ways to mark a message as unread in Gmail:
Mark a message as unread with the toolbar on an iPhone or Android
• Open the email you want to mark as unread. You can select multiple messages at once. To do this, tap the symbol in front of the message or long press on the email until it is ticked. Then choose other emails to include in the collection.
• Press the Mark as unread button in the Toolbar. If you mark an email as unread while reading it, the app will return to the email list with the email marked as new.
Mark a message as unread by swiping
• Go to the menu in the upper left corner.
• Go to Mail scan actions.
• Hit Swipe left ou Slide right.
• Select Mark as read/unread.
• Return to Parameters section and press X.
• Go to your inbox and swipe over an email until Mark as unread appears.
• Drop the message, and that's it.
How do I recover my unread emails in Gmail at the top?
Here's how to display your emails at the top of the inbox:
• Access the Gmail page and select Parameters, the gear icon in the upper right corner.
• Now press See all settings.
• Click on the Inbox type drop-down menu and choose Not read first.
• Return to your inbox and access the options represented by the three vertical dots on the same line as the word Unread.
• A list of options will appear. To select the number of elements you want to appear on the page, choose either 50 items, 25 items, 10 items, or 5 items.
How to read emails on Gmail?
Here's how to read your Gmail messages:
• Go to your inbox and select the tab containing the type of message you want to see. You should find the most important messages on the Primary tongue.
• Choose the message you want to read and click anywhere on the line of the email.
• The full text of the message now appears.
• To return to your inbox, press the Back to inbox option above email.
How do I unsend emails with Gmail?
The no-send option is automatically enabled on Gmail, but it gives you a very short time to reconsider your decision. To make the process more convenient, you should adjust the delay:
• Press the Parameters and press the View All button The settings tongue.
• Find it Cancel sending section and select your ideal calendar. Choose between 30, 20, 10 or 5 seconds.
• When you want to cancel sending an e-mail, search for the cancel option in the Message sent window and press it.
follow them all
You finally know how to locate all your unread Gmail messages in one place. Regardless of your device, now you'll have an easier time managing your inbox and minimizing the chance of missing a crucial email. So get to work and see if any important emails have missed your attention.
Have you managed to find your unread emails in Gmail? Let us know in the comments below.